Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jan 8, 2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Anyone ever RMA a Sapphire card?

I have a Sapphire card that will occasionally fault where I get a message saying the display driver has stopped responding. I don't get it on two other cards, just this one.

I first went back to Newegg and of course they say it can't be replaced with them (at least it can't be done on their RMA form, haven't spoke directly to them yet).

I got to Sapphire's site and this is what I find:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...n=000203&lid=1

Sapphire VGA products carry a 2 year warranty with all enquires carried out through your initial place of purchase. This can only be carried out by the original purchaser Please contact your Dealer/Reseller for Warranty / RMA service. They will require proof of purchase which includes the original invoice/documentation.

Sapphire doesn't do RMA's themselves? And Newegg doesn't either?

I could have swore I saw others reporting they RMA'ed their Sapphire cards here. So anyone willing to share info is appreciated.

If indeed this is true, I'll not be buying another Sapphire product again (this time I'll follow through as I've said that before long ago, but decided to give them another chance).
Old Jan 8, 2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sapphire is the absolute worst. I can't stand them, but this must be a somewhat recent change. I vaguely remember RMAing a GPU to them back in the day.

Give newegg a call.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 01:34 PM   #3
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It was a long time ago, but I had the worst experience ever with a faulty Sapphire x1950pro. They were extremely difficult to deal with, to the point of insulting. I have not touched their products since.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 8, 2014, 02:26 PM   #4
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

****. I knew it. I can't believe AMD partners with them as their flagship provider. Oh wait, I'm talking about the same morons who couldn't figure out they had to put a decent cooler on their overheating GPUs.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 05:02 PM   #5
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I did an rma with sapphire and it was pretty painless. Just contact them. It was better than with MSI.

I would start a support ticket.

That change looks awful. Let us know how ti works out.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 05:56 PM   #6
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not sure what that is about, if you registered the card you should have zero issues doing an RMA through Sapphire.

#SapphireNation

Last edited by Crisler : Jan 8, 2014 at 06:08 PM.
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 09:06 PM   #7
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Sapphire was my go to "manufacturer" for amd cards. Not after reading that warranty. I'll be interested to hear how the process goes in practice though.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2014, 02:05 AM   #8
the_gas
Radeon R700

the_gas is still being judged by the masses

The RMA has to go through newegg as their the reseller. This is fairly common practice, at least in the UK. Sounds like newegg fobbed you off. As long as the card is definitely faulty, then rma it.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 06:47 AM   #9
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

You sure the card is faulty? Does it fail on default settings or is it overclocked?

When do you receive the stopped responding messages, idling or under load?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2014, 07:10 AM   #10
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Okay I have been able to get some clarification. In Europe the practice is that the product, not just Sapphires stuff, goes through the retailer for the first year of the warranty.

In NA the process is a bit more convoluted with the actually process being determined by the retailer. The average is the first 90 days is covered by the retailer and the rest by Sapphire.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2014, 09:46 AM   #11
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I did an rma with sapphire and it was pretty painless. Just contact them. It was better than with MSI.

I would start a support ticket.

That change looks awful. Let us know how ti works out.
To be fair it wasn't so much the RMA department I had problems with, although that was no picnic either. The problem was they kept referring me to their forums for troubleshooting support, from where I received everything from snide remarks to outright abuse from their reps.
It wasn't just me, it was quiet common when I looked around the support site. Green gecko was a guy in particular and he had the personality of a rock, I have suspected at times he is actually someone that used to frequent these forums and whilst knowledgeable, was short of patience and often out right abusive. I won't name names but starts with an S. Ends with an E. Is five letters long and the other three might be P, Y, and R.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:00 AM   #12
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Green Gecko and Spyre are different people.

Risto, keep posting back with status updates.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:05 AM   #13
demo
space cadet

Sorry, I meant his name started with C and ended with M.

Anyway, GG can suck a fat one.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:17 AM   #14
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

What's wrong with you?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:22 AM   #15
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
I have a Sapphire card that will occasionally fault where I get a message saying the display driver has stopped responding.

uh oh, I just assumed it was BF4 occasionally causing this. Any ideas there Jim? Is this a known issue with the 290x's or the drivers, because I've had this happen as well. matter of fact it's usually on zavod, when it does happen, but that could be because thats just about all i play.

BTW I had to RMA a sapphire card but I did it through newegg. Try talking to the rep on Overlock.net he is on there quite a bit, and he is genuinely a good guy.

edward aka vapor-x is what he goes by, try this thread here or PM him.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1429534/g...-from-sapphire
t0adp1p3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2014, 04:25 PM   #16
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
uh oh, I just assumed it was BF4 occasionally causing this. Any ideas there Jim? Is this a known issue with the 290x's or the drivers, because I've had this happen as well. matter of fact it's usually on zavod, when it does happen, but that could be because thats just about all i play.
I thought this was a current game problem, but that same symptom can be a hardware failure too. I'm not going to say one way or the other because I honestly just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
BTW I had to RMA a sapphire card but I did it through newegg. Try talking to the rep on Overlock.net he is on there quite a bit, and he is genuinely a good guy.

edward aka vapor-x is what he goes by, try this thread here or PM him.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1429534/g...-from-sapphire
Edward, eh?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 04:44 PM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

t0ad, are you running your cards overclocked? If so, try putting them to stock. I had a few strange issues with some current games (BF4 and DayZ Standalone, in particular) that I fixed when I pushed down my overclocks on my GTX680s. Age is taking it's toll on my poor cards.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 9, 2014, 04:50 PM   #18
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
t0ad, are you running your cards overclocked? If so, try putting them to stock. I had a few strange issues with some current games (BF4 and DayZ Standalone, in particular) that I fixed when I pushed down my overclocks on my GTX680s. Age is taking it's toll on my poor cards.
nah only thing I overclock is my processor. could be a power issue, I run into orsomething with 3 cards and 1200 watts. it doesnt happen frequently at all, not enough to be annoying, but enough that i noticed it happen on zavod.
t0adp1p3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2014, 04:54 PM   #19
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I don't think so. I was getting driver stopped responding in BF4 and DayZ until I fixed my GPU overclock. My memory had to be dropped down 25Mhz.

To test, you could probably underclock your memory by.. let's say 50Mhz... and play for a bit. I don't think that's an acceptable solution, but it might help you pin it down from a hardware or software issue.

If BF4 is the only game doing it, I'd venture to say it's more likely a software/driver issue, but you need to do some testing to figure that one out.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:23 AM   #20
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
You sure the card is faulty? Does it fail on default settings or is it overclocked?

When do you receive the stopped responding messages, idling or under load?
I'm still determining if it's faulty. Right now I'm thinking not. It was giving the issue any time you either started mining or a game. This was on my son's machine. I swapped it with the 290X from my machine as I knew that one was without issue.

So it's been running in my machine for a few days now, both mining and playing games without issue. So the whole thing might have just been a fluke or software issue. Who knows?

Anyway, my concern about the state of the card is so that I can sell it soon. I have a good reputation as a seller and I don't enjoy intentionally trying to put one over on my buyers. So if the card was faulty, I was going to make sure before I sold it that I had the option to RMA and receive a card in good working order.

As of now I've got no reason to believe that there was anything faulty with the card.

Last edited by Ristogod : Jan 10, 2014 at 08:23 AM.
Ristogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:47 AM   #21
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yeah, I don't believe there is a fault TBH. I reckon it's driver related, a good clean up of old drivers and a reinstall on your kids machine will determine that. I'd continue testing though, to be sure. It'll save you some headache.

Goodluck.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote