Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:03 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

How else would you get an update if your device isn't supported?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:19 PM   #32
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
12-18mo.

If you want Key Lime Pie buy a device with it on it.
For all this time I have noticed that they seem to hype the newest update with a new version or generation of phones... since phones are for the most part, disposable devices I kind of thought it made sense in a way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
If I'm going to locked in a 2 year contract, this isn't the news I'd like to hear. I still can't find info if the HTC One will even get 4.2.2, or even Key Lime Pie. Hopefully we'll find out next month. Glad I have a couple of months to decide as I'd rather just buy a phone with the latest OS rather than wondering if it ever will, with Google's event in May and Apple's event in June.
However you do have a strong point...what phone do you plan on buying/contracting?

"Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
If anything there's just still too many guilible people in the fanbase willing to accept this garbage star wars disney/Kennedy edition."

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxcT6LEVzk Disney Star Wars SUCKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:03 PM   #33
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lets be honest, update isn't that important nowaday. i dont' see any big improvement from a user standpoint from 2.36 to now nexus 4 4.2.2

its good to have the latest rom, but actually there is little to no difference(-minus performance and battery life) but this should get fixed by xda

i am going to say same thing about apple device, since i am still on 5.1 JB..there is really no need for me to get the latest upates
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Apr 24, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:43 PM   #34
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
actually raz should just stick with his fruit route
Does anyone seriously think anything else will happen? Even if the i-device he buys will be obsolete within the same period of time (Apple is famous for selectively "enhancing" some features to nudge the consumer to the next product), somehow with an HTC One it is a deal-breaker

Sorry, been jaded by years of the same threads over and over and over
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:41 PM   #35
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Do not go member-directed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
lets be honest, update isn't that important nowaday. i dont' see any big improvement from a user standpoint from 2.36 to now nexus 4 4.2.2
I expect your viewpoint isn't shared by the majority of users, who see updates as a great way to enjoy new features, bug fixes, and security patches without investing in new hardware.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:58 PM   #36
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Do not go member-directed.
No doubt Lupine, however, this same dog and pony show has occurred time and time again.

See CP's thread. Why have posters like CP put in all that time and effort when the end result doesn't change?

With that, I'll exit stage left
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:03 PM   #37
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

something to consider with 4.2 was that for the most part it was a tablet update which is why most phone manufactures skipped it.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:02 PM   #38
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
If I'm going to locked in a 2 year contract, this isn't the news I'd like to hear. I still can't find info if the HTC One will even get 4.2.2, or even Key Lime Pie. Hopefully we'll find out next month. Glad I have a couple of months to decide as I'd rather just buy a phone with the latest OS rather than wondering if it ever will, with Google's event in May and Apple's event in June.
My wife's and son's Droid X's just updated to JB, now that I've got ICS on my TB oh I made myself sad
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 08:19 AM   #39
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
something to consider with 4.2 was that for the most part it was a tablet update which is why most phone manufactures skipped it.
I see very few tablet-specific changes in 4.2 according to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android...PI_level_17.29

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote