Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Default Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

So what's the verdict Rager's? Hear its running on cryengine 3? This thing seems to be slipping under the radar at only $30 preordered on steam. It releases in just under 20 hours.

edit - unlocking now. Game seems pretty fun so-far. Didn't play the first one, but from what I've read about it this one seems much better. I'll post some pics in the screenshot thread since there doesn't seem to be a large following of this game. Pics now posted.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Mar 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 02:48 AM   #2
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Dunno, last one I played the demo and was underwhelmed. How does this play ?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:00 AM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

How does it run? Whats the gameplay like? Just 1 target per level? Open World?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:17 AM   #4
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
How does it run? Whats the gameplay like? Just 1 target per level? Open World?
I think the beginning is the tutorial level - Mostly you seem to be following your spotter and doing as he asks. Performance for me is solid. Much better than the OTHER game using cryengine 3 . Major improvement I see (other than graphics) is ballistic dynamics.

Quote:
Taking a deep breath, the game goes into slow motion, before treating you to a gloriously cinematic bullet-cam if your shot is particularly successful.
Quote:
For those wanting a real challenge, on higher-difficulty levels you’ll have to take into account ballistics and environmental factors.
Something I did notice, seems the spotter's voice needs tweaked as you often struggle to hear what he is saying. Fortunately subs help until a patch is released. Again, the game does look nice graphically.

You can also stealth kill with both a knife and a silenced side-arm. Lastly, if you preordered the game was only $30. Considering Crysis 3 was $60, I would recommend the game if you like stealth shooters.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:26 AM   #5
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Silly standard question from me... do you have legs or are you a floating gun machine shadow creature ?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:39 AM   #6
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

this has dx 9, and yet crysis 3 doesn't
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:42 AM   #7
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
Cryteck probably made Crysis 3 DX11 compulsory.. the cryengine 3 engine allows for Dx 9. That is what I assume...
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:46 AM   #8
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Silly standard question from me... do you have legs or are you a floating gun machine shadow creature ?
No legs

Quote:
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:48 AM   #9
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Booooooo cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:20 AM   #10
bobmitch
Radeon R520

bobmitch is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
When I run the game, EVGA Precision reports "only" Direct X 9. Am I missing something??? I have everything set to "Very High" and still DX9. Anyone running DX11?
bobmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 AM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks like a great game...

... for a SALE!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:28 AM   #12
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Can't find any reviews on this yet.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:24 PM   #13
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

No reviews yet, but found a features list.

Quote:
Features:

Motion Sense Trigger System: an innovative first in which the way the player touches the controller influences the on-screen shot. Like in real-world sniping, in-game shooting requires a steady squeeze of the pad’s trigger so that when the round is fired, the rifle is more accurate. Jerk the trigger and the round is thrown off, thus missing the target and alerting a highly motivated enemy to your presence.

Realistic Ballistics: the hallmark of the Sniper franchise is the realism of its shooting dynamics. Wind speed, distance, gravity and bullet-drop all play critical roles in the performance of your shot.

Refined Shooting Mechanics: a proper breathing technique to steady your heart rate is as important as calculating the time on target of your round, and the best snipers control both their heart and their head. From acquisition of target until the slow steady trigger pull, a sniper must pull together everything to achieve the ideal “one shot; one kill.”

Improved Enemy AI: the Artificial Intelligence (AI) system was completely re-tooled and designed from scratch. Much of the improvements were made possible from the switch to the CryEngine 3. Expect everything from flanking movements to frontal assaults as the enemy tries to engage you in close quarters where your rifle is less effective.

New Target-Rich Environments: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 adds new urban environments like Sarajevo and treacherous mountain terrain to go along with jungles that are as lush and deadly as ever.

Various Difficulty Levels: To diversify gameplay and make it accessible to the widest group of gamers, CI Games is introducing three difficulty levels that totally change the nature of the game. You decide how to play – either relax and be the ultimate predator or test your skill and experience the game on Expert Mode.

Bullet-Cam: everyone’s favorite feature returns to reward expert shots and show the battlefield from a totally new viewpoint. See what the transfer of kinetic energy – a bullet’s true stopping power – can do to the enemy from 1000 meters or more!

Bullet Penetration: concealment doesn’t necessarily mean cover. In Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, bullets behave as they would in real life and are able to dispatch enemies hiding behind various types of covers. You can also try to line up your enemies and let a single round take out an entire squad. Wait ‘til you see that on Bullet Cam!

Expanded List of Sniper Rifles: Try out the world’s most advanced sniper rifles, each of them meticulously recreated so that they accurately simulate the modern weaponry found on today’s battlefields.

New Gear: own the night with the introduction of thermal and night vision optics, plus a pair of powerful binoculars critical for locating the enemy before they spot you.

Quote:
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:32 PM   #14
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How do the motion trigger stuff work for people using a mouse+kb setup?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
How do the motion trigger stuff work for people using a mouse+kb setup?
Probably would need to use a controller - Not sure however.

Quote:
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:21 PM   #16
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Messed around with it earlier.

Looks decent enough. The shooting mechanism is a lot more realistic, though I am going to have to remap my keys to properly get my breathing and targeting right.

The graphics are not proper Crysis quality, but I don't think they were aiming for thje best of the best of the best. It looks pretty good, but it's the game mechanics that make it. I just hope that we don't have the rubbish crap with the SMG's as in the previous game They were awful. Fortunately, the sniper bits made up for it
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:30 PM   #17
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

So apparently no one wanted to review this game or

There are absolutely no reviews out there that I can find, which is just odd.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:36 PM   #18
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

If it aint running and gunning more people dont want to hear about it. Niche game... but looks good. Waiting for some more information.

Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:39 PM   #19
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
So apparently no one wanted to review this game or

There are absolutely no reviews out there that I can find, which is just odd.
FFS, it just unlocked today

Let me play the damn thing.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:41 PM   #20
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Maybe the publisher had a weird embargo date.

And maybe the gaming sites are overlooking it since it is a budget title.

People on the steam community forums seems to think that it is a buggy POS.

Last edited by Mangler : Mar 12, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:04 PM   #21
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Right then. The game itself seems to run fine. The graphics are decent but not exceptional and I think I figured out why.

For some reason, I can only play on HIGH settings, not VERY HIGH.

/facepalm

The game runs smooth, obviously, and the overall gameplay is decent. The penalty for running is heavier than in the first game, but not a fan of the audible alert for when you are in danger of being compromised. Not sure if it's gone in the harder mode, I am playing "normal" right now.

Vegetation moves around, the water is meh but I am chalking that up to it being directly related to the graphics settings being stuck on "high"

Will report more as I play, but if you're into the stealth/sniper type of game, it's not too bad.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:26 PM   #22
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:40 PM   #23
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

^what did you mean with above 2 screenshots? something wrong with the water?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:46 PM   #24
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeon, check your basic video settings. I can't set very high.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:42 PM   #25
chadro
[tR3D]kount_n00bula

chadro is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
So what's the verdict Rager's? Hear its running on cryengine 3? This thing seems to be slipping under the radar at only $30 preordered on steam. It releases in just under 20 hours.

edit - unlocking now. Game seems pretty fun so-far. Didn't play the first one, but from what I've read about it this one seems much better. I'll post some pics in the screenshot thread since there doesn't seem to be a large following of this game. Pics now posted.
the first one was silly........
-had terrible voice acting
-water reflections attached artifacts to models ect.
-sounds were bad
-but the sniping was good

It uses the cry engine 3 but does not look good as Crysis 3
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:42 PM   #26
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
^what did you mean with above 2 screenshots? something wrong with the water?
Just wanted a comparison to see if the water looked the same for Sazar? Seems he's onto something

Quote:
Dungeon, check your basic video settings. I can't set very high.
yea, you're right. I can change it to very high, but the setting doesn't seem to want to save. Reverts back to high when I leave the screen. However when I set the basic setting to the different presets it does change the advanced settings and they appear to hold. But I'm not sure if its transitioning the settings to in-game rendering?

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Mar 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:59 PM   #27
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So, what do developers think when they make a sequel to a crappy game. We made one crappy game, let us improve graphics and make another one...

Makes sense.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:37 AM   #28
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

I know its not uncommon these days, but looking in the engine config file I see the ps3 and 360 configs are still there.

Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:46 AM   #29
logical
What is my purpose?

Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:57 AM   #30
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

couple of tweaks I happened upon. also it seems the motion sense trigger system works for the mouse also. could just be me, but when i pushed the fire button hard i missed the shot. reloading I slowly pushed the mouse button and scored the hit. One last thing, I enabled fxaa via nvinspector and it appears to eliminate the jaggies on the flora. Looks kinda nice also.

Quote:
Disable company logos
Navigate to ..\Steam\steamapps\common\SniperGhostWarrior2\Game\_FastLoad\.
Rename/move/delete IntroMovies.pak.

Field of view
This game is using vertical FoV values instead of more widely used horizontal FoV. Use FoV Calculator to calculate your desired FoV.
Navigate to ..\Steam\steamapps\common\SniperGhostWarrior2\ and open system.cfg
Add these lines and change xx for your desired FoV value:
cl_fov = xx
r_drawnearfov = xx
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetfov = xx
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sniper:_Ghost_Warrior_2

4 minute snip of some sniping action - Srry bout the menu; game-play starts at 00:00:58

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Mar 13, 2013 at 03:30 AM.