Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default Dead Space 3

Discuss anything related to DS3.

Game is available for pre-load on multiple sites. Best prices?

(random screenshot)
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I got it from gmg, but the deal they had expired yesterday.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:19 PM   #3
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

How many dead space 3 threads we need. Either way, mang will wait for your review of the game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not pre-purchasing this one. I need reviews before buying. It needs to exceed the epic of the first 2 and that's a pretty tall order.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:19 PM   #5
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

While I really liked 1 and 2.

3 is a straight port with IAP.
I could care less about multiplayer.

I have every game known to man as it is, and I haven't played one percent of the games I do own...

This all adds up o me waiting for it to be $20 or less.

Ea being greedy and putting in IAP really was the last straw. This isn't a iPhone game.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:27 PM   #6
Zimmy
Radeon R520

Zimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yep, this is an EA game.
Buying it at $60 on release week is a horrible idea no matter how much I am hyped for it.

I'm waiting for around $30 before I bite.
And as the past months have shown, I shouldn't have to wait that long.

Same goes for Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite.

I am not paying the early play tax.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Loved 1 and 2, but just as with those I'll wait for the Steam Holiday sale to pick up 3. As fast as games go on sale nowadays, paying full retail at launch is silly.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:54 PM   #8
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

woohoo origin preload *dances*

10,347 mb if anybody is curious

cannot wait
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 03:11 PM   #9
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

cannot wait
paid full price? I am seriously considering paying full price. Paid full price for both the first and the second, and got every penny out of it.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:22 PM   #10
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
paid full price? I am seriously considering paying full price. Paid full price for both the first and the second, and got every penny out of it.
absolutely, wouldn't miss it. Supposedly double the length of DS2 in single player.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:26 PM   #11
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

I was dissapointed in the coop aspect until I realized that it wasn't forced and there is no AI partner throughout the game (he just pops up as story needs him to). This would totally ruin the scares and jumps and would be like RE5/6 disaster. Going to pick this one up.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:45 PM   #12
PowerK
Gamer

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
While I really liked 1 and 2.

3 is a straight port with IAP.
1 and 2 were straight port as well.
Intel 6950X @ 4.4GHz | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 - 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34 1T | 2x TITAN Xp SLI | Intel 750 1.2TB PCI-E NVMe | 4x Intel 730 SSD 480GB RAID-0 | EK custom loop + Mo-Ra 3 | Corsair AX1500i | Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire | Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Bose Companion 50 | MyTek Brooklyn DAC | Sennheiser HDVD 800 | Sennheiser HD800S

Intel 6700K @ 4.7GHz - ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator | 2x ASUS Strix GTX1080OC SLI | 2x Intel 730 480GB RAID-0 | Corsair H115i | Corsair AX1200i | DELL S2716DG | Windows 10 Pro x64

Synology DS716+ NAS 12TB | 1Gbps FTTH
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:46 PM   #13
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

cannot wait
This and all of it
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:03 PM   #14
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well, I am finding a good key site right now lol.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:37 PM   #15
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Well, I am finding a good key site right now lol.
do tell. lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:50 PM   #16
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Still waiting for my key from cdkeyshere.com. Though, at 12 Mbps, pre-loads isn't something I really need.

I will play it at two playthroughs, one solo and one coop.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:48 AM   #17
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

The readme says that it includes SMAA
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:52 AM   #18
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Anyone knows if just having DS2 on origin unlocks the extras for DS3 or if you need to have a completed DS2 save?
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 03:04 AM   #19
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not on Steam, not buying it.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:28 AM   #20
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Not on Steam, not buying it.
Still in 2003 are we?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:06 PM   #21
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I thought Steam was shunned in 2003.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:50 PM   #22
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Still waiting for my key from cdkeyshere.com. Though, at 12 Mbps, pre-loads isn't something I really need.

I will play it at two playthroughs, one solo and one coop.
Why does it say the game is available on either the 9th or 10th of Feb? It releases on the 5th.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:51 PM   #23
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

DAT EU release date.

No wait, that is on the 7th.

Last edited by Mangler : Feb 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: 7 not 8
Old Feb 2, 2013, 05:57 PM   #24
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Steam has Valve behind it, who has a track record is providing value to their customers.

Origin has EA behind it, who has a track record of being greedy assholes and substandard software makers.

I only buy Origin games when they're worth their price (Bioware) or when they are really, really low (dead space 3).

I hold no hope of this stance changing, with a ****ing single player game getting micro transactions for weapons now.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:15 PM   #25
Ulysses 31
Radeon Northern Islands

Ulysses 31 is still being judged by the masses

Red face

11 day one DLCs

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...of-day-one-dlc

I'll wait for some reviews before even considering buying it, unlike 1 & 2.
Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64
Ulysses 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:19 PM   #26
Mangler
PC

It is a shame that you now have to pay for cheats, since that is more or less what these booster packs are.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:49 PM   #27
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Dead Space 2 zoomed down in price after release (even though it was a decent game) so not getting this for a few months and going to save lots of money that way. Plus **** EA for that lame DLC & ingame real money purchases. I am not going to be rewarding them for their moneygrabbingness.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:41 PM   #28
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses 31 View Post
11 day one DLCs

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...of-day-one-dlc

I'll wait for some reviews before even considering buying it, unlike 1 & 2.
I didn't read the whole thing but..

Quote:
It's worth noting that these DLC bundles are separate from the micro-transactions in the game's weapon crafting system discovered last week.

Three packs were spotted on the US PlayStation store that'll allow you to soup-up your little helpers, each priced at $4.99. One will increase your bots' capacity, another will strengthen its personality and the final one will speed up its loot collection. Prices for Europe and Australasia haven't been unveiled yet.
That is just sad. Will wait for half off sale, or more.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:50 PM   #29
Mangler
PC

I would not be surprised if it's just the different pre-order bonuses.

Stuff like this:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...Addon#LiveZone

Last edited by Mangler : Feb 2, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:11 PM   #30
KAC
That postcount though...

Pre-order had I think 3 items not 11.