Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default The official 2012 Black Friday Trampling Severe Injury/Death Count thread

It seems every year at least someone dies and dozens are severely injured. In light of this, I've started taking bets on facebook as to how many people will be maimed or killed this Friday during the initial rush for sales. Whoever gets it right or is closest in both categories gets 1 free internets.

I'm going to go with 2 deaths, 15 reported injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Skynet
Babulerman Apprentice

Skynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm gonna say 546 actual deaths, but due to a massive coverup by Walmart and others, only 1 reported death.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Jkmetal23
Radeon HD 6870

Jkmetal23 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJkmetal23 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm guessing a triple play
1 Shooting
1 Stabbing
1 Stamped/trampled to death

Total death count= 3
Antec Sonata 3|Intel q9550@stock|Asus P5q Deluxe|2gig Corsair, 4 gig OCZ gold 1066 ddr2 (6 gigs total)|Geforce GTX 560ti 1gb (w/ arctic accelero 2 cooler)|LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ATI Theater Pro 650|Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Sycthe Mugen 2 heatsink|Ducky 1087 mechanical keyboard w/cherry brown switches|Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Razer Sabertooth 360 Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Eizo Foris FS2333|Dell 2007wfp| Antec XA3051 2.1 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 w/ Win Media Center| PS3 Slim 120gb
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:28 PM   #4
0091/2
Rage3D Veteran

0091/2 once held a door open for a complete stranger0091/2 once held a door open for a complete stranger0091/2 once held a door open for a complete stranger0091/2 once held a door open for a complete stranger

0 deaths
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:32 PM   #5
Ne0Griever
Rage3D Veteran

Ne0Griever can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNe0Griever can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

1 death. 5 injuries.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:51 AM   #6
mbeeston
Darkness Mane

mbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
0 deaths
oh it'll be more then that **grabs crowbar**
RIP Joe 'Vengeance' Rupe
"you can't end a good party without someone on the floor" - Yusuke Urameshi
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
"if the ocean was whiskey and i was a duck, i'd swim to the bottom and drink my way up" - crag
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:07 AM   #7
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOzzieBloke can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hmm. It seems we have returned to the days of the Roman Colosseum, where betting upon death was entertaining rather than something to be abhored.

You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:32 AM   #8
kepler
Rage3D Spammer

kepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I so badly want to stand inside the store when the horde breaks the doors open, with a bat and a crossbow, Walking Dead style. Just to see how long I'd last.
The Dahiya doctrine is a military strategy put forth by the Israeli general Gadi Eizenkot that pertains to asymmetric warfare in an urban setting, in which the army deliberately targets civilian infrastructure, as a means of inducing suffering for the civilian population, thereby establishing deterrence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:11 PM   #9
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Hmm. It seems we have returned to the days of the Roman Colosseum, where betting upon death was entertaining rather than something to be abhored.

Are you not entertained?

Quote:
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:29 PM   #10
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
I so badly want to stand inside the store when the horde breaks the doors open, with a bat and a crossbow, Walking Dead style. Just to see how long I'd last.
1 shot with the crossbow, one hit with the bat, and down you go

if you're fighting zombies, you'd kill 2. if you're fighting frenzied black friday shoppers, you'd injure 2, one severely.

melee weapons only work against 1 or 2 opponents. this is why god made vulcan cannons.
Intel i7 2700k CPU @4.6GHz, Radeon HD6950 GPU, Mushkin 7-8-7-24 1.6GHz RAM, 20.3TB HDD+SSD (16.3TB usable), 33k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU @4.4GHz, Radeon HD5870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, 2TB HDD 29k PPD Intel C2D E7500 CPU, Radeon HD5770 GPU, 1.06GHz RAM, 1TB HDD, 3k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU, Radeon HD6870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, .75TB HDD, 20k PPD
All folding for Rage3d.
"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world."
I remember when movies had plots and video games didn't.
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:38 PM   #11
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:38 PM   #12
riho
Taking a break

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

stay classy my friends
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:42 PM   #13
AllexxisF1
Resident Liberal.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Finally a thread with substance.

I thinking 4 dead, countless injured.

However lets add another catagory. The item that led to the death.

Last year it was waffle irons, this year its make your own soda carbonation machines.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:06 PM   #14
MasterGoa
Want what you have!

MasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMasterGoa can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post

In those times, people's death was forced upon them by a sadistic ruler
with no regards to life.

Black Friday deaths are seeded in materialism and of people's choice.

The social commentary is valid here.

Did you ever see someone walk himself in the lion's den
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:31 PM   #15
greasyhands
Radeon HD 7970

greasyhands is still being judged by the masses

I'm gonna say a lot of peed in pants (waiting in line) and many complaints/possible tickets of peeing in public. Hopefully no deaths, really, really hope no deaths.

Last edited by greasyhands : Nov 21, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
greasyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:47 PM   #16
Shadowless
U Mad Bro?

Shadowless can recite pi backwardsShadowless can recite pi backwardsShadowless can recite pi backwardsShadowless can recite pi backwardsShadowless can recite pi backwardsShadowless can recite pi backwardsShadowless can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

3-5 deaths
25-30 reported injuries
Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.0GHz | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Samsung 830 SSD | 1TB Samsung HDD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | MSI Hawk Radeon HD 6870 w/ Arctic Twin Turbo II | CrossFireX | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750 | Acer D241Hbmi | Windows 8.1 Pro

MSI ATX Case | MSI Z68A-G45 | Intel Core i5 2400 | Delux Infinity Air Cooler | 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 160GB Western Digital SATA | 16x Samsung DVD-R/RW | Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 | CoolMax 400w Power Supply | Samsung 21" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRimm862 View Post
...if it wasn't for my mac my penis would be dry and brittle by now. Thank god. No thank mac. :heart:
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:21 PM   #17
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Finally a thread with substance.

I thinking 4 dead, countless injured.

However lets add another catagory. The item that led to the death.

Last year it was waffle irons, this year its make your own soda carbonation machines.
I'm liking this. I'm going to go with Wii U being a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
3-5 deaths
25-30 reported injuries
25? You sick bastard. I like you.

Quote:
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:05 PM   #18
mbeeston
Darkness Mane

mbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
3-5 deaths
25-30 reported injuries
conservative
RIP Joe 'Vengeance' Rupe
"if the ocean was whiskey and i was a duck, i'd swim to the bottom and drink my way up" - crag
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:25 PM   #19
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeeston View Post
conservative
What are your predictions?

Quote:
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:32 PM   #20
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Mass hysteria around the globe. Death tolls will climb. There will be an untold number of severe injuries. Civilization will crumble while the economy sinks into the abyss. Fingers crossed anyway
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:04 PM   #21
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I really don't get why there's so much stupid **** around these sale events. Or why people even bother lining up for "doorcrashers". Most of the good deals can be had online (even before Cyber Monday) and even places like Walmart ship. Just stay at home and avoid the zombies, people...

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:39 PM   #22
Dave
King of Manchesville

Dave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I really don't get why there's so much stupid **** around these sale events. Or why people even bother lining up for "doorcrashers". Most of the good deals can be had online (even before Cyber Monday) and even places like Walmart ship. Just stay at home and avoid the zombies, people...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:15 AM   #23
sumpwa
Rage3D Veteran

sumpwa is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Because your family won't love you unless you spend a bunch of money on junk they don't need.
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:59 AM   #24
mbeeston
Darkness Mane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
up to 10 deaths and more around 50 injuries
RIP Joe 'Vengeance' Rupe
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:45 AM   #25
ಠ_ಠ

Avatar is still being judged by the masses

Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:55 AM   #26
DeathKnight
Rage3D Spammer

DeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

haha

When my brother was heading home lastnight he happened to drive by a Walmart Supercenter. He said the parking lot was completely full. As he continued to drive on he noticed in the parking lot of a nearby business some cops had pulled over a white SUV that looked like OJ's. He saw the cops yank the guy out of the vehicle and throw him on the ground Wish I could have seen it.
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair H50 | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 2 x 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 2133 | Gigabyte GTX 570 | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD | Maxtor 300GB SATA Ultra16 | Seagate 500GB 32MB SATA2 | WD 640GB Black | Toshiba 2.5" 500GB in eSATA enclosure | Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD/RW drive | Antec P180B w/700w Thermaltake TP modular PSU | Win 7 Pro | 1920x1080 w/LCD TV
HT: Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42" 1080P LCD HDTV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Sigma 100-300mm F4 EX APO | Sigma EX APO 1.4x TC | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

My New Photo Gallery (prints available)
Old Gallery
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:04 AM   #27
Hogrider
Rage3D Veteran

Hogrider is still being judged by the masses

Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:40 AM   #28
lviz
Gone back to the roots

lviz is still being judged by the masses

WTF? It's like their lives depended on whatever's in there. Desperate people.
lviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:45 AM   #29
Guybo
Anonymous Proletariat

Guybo is still being judged by the masses

Guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:45 AM   #30
DeathKnight
Rage3D Spammer

DeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

That's one of the reasons I just stay home and shop online. The last time I went out on Black Friday was years ago with my dad. Went to a local Walmart at like 5AM to get a Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player for $99.
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair H50 | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 2 x 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 2133 | Gigabyte GTX 570 | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD | Maxtor 300GB SATA Ultra16 | Seagate 500GB 32MB SATA2 | WD 640GB Black | Toshiba 2.5" 500GB in eSATA enclosure | Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD/RW drive | Antec P180B w/700w Thermaltake TP modular PSU | Win 7 Pro | 1920x1080 w/LCD TV
HT: Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42" 1080P LCD HDTV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Sigma 100-300mm F4 EX APO | Sigma EX APO 1.4x TC | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

My New Photo Gallery (prints available)
Old Gallery
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote