Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 7, 2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Socio
Radeon Arctic Islands

Socio is still being judged by the masses

Default ATi 6950 with Ageia Physx card?

I ordered a Ageia PhysX 128MB PCIe card, I mostly want to see what I am missing from games like Batman but have a few questions?

Anyone here running a ATI-Ageia PhysX combo does it work?

I am using Vista 64bit any driver issues?

Any performance issues?

I also wonder about heat issues, I figure the card stays static until it is in use so should not give off too much heat while not in use, am I correct on this?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird sings

Hmm... I tried, but I wanted to run Win7, so no go.

If anyone is interested, I have the PCI card for sale for a price of a shipping and a box of chocolates.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:04 PM   #3
BumblebeeTuna
Radeon R420

BumblebeeTuna is still being judged by the masses

I didn't think you could buy Ageia cards anymore. Anyway, hate to be the bearer of bad news but physx games don't have Ageia card support...you need an nVidia card to run hardware accelerated physx.
BumblebeeTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Oh man..

Ageia physics cards don't work anymore. You have to use an nVidia card - and they cut support in ATI setups.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:37 AM   #5
demo
space cadet

demo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

There's like 1 game where an Ageia card still works and PhysX does not, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.
As said above, you need an Nvidia card for PhysX, but if you want to use it with an AMD GPU you need hacked drivers.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 05:46 AM   #6
Socio
Radeon Arctic Islands

Socio is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeTuna View Post
I didn't think you could buy Ageia cards anymore. Anyway, hate to be the bearer of bad news but physx games don't have Ageia card support...you need an nVidia card to run hardware accelerated physx.
Damn, well that explains the only $8 cost for new ones on a certain big auction site.

Maybe I can use those hacked drivers mentioned so it thinks it is a nVidia physx. I imagine the physx chip on both it and the Nvidia card are close to the same.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:41 AM   #7
BumblebeeTuna
Radeon R420

BumblebeeTuna is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socio View Post
Damn, well that explains the only $8 cost for new ones on a certain big auction site.

Maybe I can use those hacked drivers mentioned so it thinks it is a nVidia physx. I imagine the physx chip on both it and the Nvidia card are close to the same.
That still won't work. nVidia took the IP from Ageia and transfered everything to work with their GPUs. The Ageia card uses its own chip which is completely different than an nVidia GPU.
BumblebeeTuna is offline   Reply With Quote