Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » CATALYST Drivers
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CATALYST Drivers Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Catalyst Drivers. Please put Linux-specific driver posts and Remote Wonder discussion in their respective forums.

"
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:59 AM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GICO
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
GICO is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrantaLocked View Post
I got a bit over P6600 with 12.11 Performance. Uninstalling Intel display and updating to the newest available (10/23/2012) fixed my black screen issues, but it doesn't seem to help everyone.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/sage...all-guide.html
I'm getting the black screens too. If I reinstall the Intel driver, it'll work again until I reboot. Will try your install instructions.
GICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:25 PM   #362
TrantaLocked
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 45
TrantaLocked is still being judged by the masses


Default

The restart issue started happening for me as well. Every time I reinstall Intel, I can play games fine, but once I restart, I get the black screens again.
TrantaLocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:37 AM   #363
Jazzcop
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Jazzcop is still being judged by the masses


Default Black screen/windowed

Im running a fresh installed Win7, newest intel driver and AMD Enduro performance 12.11 driver.

It was working shortly, but startet getting issues wirh games not working. BF3 would get stuck during "initializing", bf3 game is windowed and stuck. Other games get black screen.
Jazzcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:50 PM   #364
GICO
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
GICO is still being judged by the masses


Default

After reinstalling Intel the second time, I've been without problems. I really don't know what's up. :P

Edit: Can anyone test Morrowind or Fallout 3? I'm getting weird stuttering in both titles. Even in the menu. Might also apply to Oblivion. No problems in Skyrim or New Vegas.

Last edited by GICO : Nov 22, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
GICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:04 PM   #365
Jazzcop
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Jazzcop is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICO View Post
After reinstalling Intel the second time, I've been without problems. I really don't know what's up. :P

Edit: Can anyone test Morrowind or Fallout 3? I'm getting weird stuttering in both titles. Even in the menu. Might also apply to Oblivion. No problems in Skyrim or New Vegas.
So just uninstall and reinstall the newst intel display driver, on top of the 12.11 Enduro Performance driver, and that works for you?
Jazzcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:48 AM   #366
GICO
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
GICO is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcop View Post
So just uninstall and reinstall the newst intel display driver, on top of the 12.11 Enduro Performance driver, and that works for you?
Pretty much. No problems so far.
GICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:39 PM   #367
player51
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
player51 is still being judged by the masses


Default Enduro performance driver 9.01

hello,

If you guys talking about the 12.11 enduro performance driver, you did also try this driver:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...%20driver.aspx
Don't know if they are the same.

For the record: I had a lot of problems wityh blue screens with every driver. Did try everything, new installs , old driver update new driver, pfff.

But after I did install windows 8, I had no blue screens any more.
I did install amd 12.11 beta 8 driver, but a few days ago I saw this Enduro 9.01 driver, and just did install that over the 12.11 beta 8. My performance is just great. Anno 2070. battlefield runs like a charm on the ultra settings.

So for the time being I stay with windows 8 on my laptop.

Greetzzz
player51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:50 PM   #368
TrantaLocked
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 45
TrantaLocked is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by player51 View Post
hello,

If you guys talking about the 12.11 enduro performance driver, you did also try this driver:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...%20driver.aspx
Don't know if they are the same.

For the record: I had a lot of problems wityh blue screens with every driver. Did try everything, new installs , old driver update new driver, pfff.

But after I did install windows 8, I had no blue screens any more.
I did install amd 12.11 beta 8 driver, but a few days ago I saw this Enduro 9.01 driver, and just did install that over the 12.11 beta 8. My performance is just great. Anno 2070. battlefield runs like a charm on the ultra settings.

So for the time being I stay with windows 8 on my laptop.

Greetzzz
Yes, "AMD Catalyst™ 7970M Enduro™ Performance driver" is the 12.11 Performance driver.
TrantaLocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:04 AM   #369
caveman-jim
Retired
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 48,698
caveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by player51 View Post
hello,

If you guys talking about the 12.11 enduro performance driver, you did also try this driver:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...%20driver.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrantaLocked View Post
Yes, "AMD Catalyst™ 7970M Enduro™ Performance driver" is the 12.11 Performance driver.
No. The Enduro hotfix driver is different, although the Catalyst 12.11 beta8 does have some of the fixes inside.

Here is the Enduro driver.
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:06 AM   #370
GICO
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
GICO is still being judged by the masses


Default

Just got my first BSOD on startup with this driver. Anyone else experienced it?
GICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:55 AM   #371
Jazzcop
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Jazzcop is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
No. The Enduro hotfix driver is different, although the Catalyst 12.11 beta8 does have some of the fixes inside.

Here is the Enduro driver.
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx
Now im confused. Which driver is optimized to work best with Enduro, 7970m + Intel HD4000. I have a Clevo P150em.

The 12.11beta8: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx

or the AMD Catalyst™ 7970M Enduro™ Performance driver:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...%20driver.aspx

I know non of them are running 100% stable and glitch free, but which of the 2 should by design, be working best for the above setup?
Jazzcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:29 AM   #372
GICO
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
GICO is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcop View Post
I know non of them are running 100% stable and glitch free, but which of the 2 should by design, be working best for the above setup?
From my experience, beta 8 is better for DX 10/11 games, while the Enduro driver has the DX 9 fix. So it depends. I'd say all-round the Enduro driver is the better one.
GICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:24 PM   #373
ssassassa9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8
ssassassa9 is still being judged by the masses


Default

From my experience, the enduro performance driver is much more stable compared to beta8, I only got one BSOD so far after 2 weeks of usage.
ssassassa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:02 AM   #374
BimberX
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Poland Warsaw
Posts: 10
BimberX is still being judged by the masses


Default

Hello everyone,
I have been on this thread for weeks now and only thanks to your help I managed to install new betas correctly and play Battlefield 3 on Windows 7 with decent framerate on my CLEVO with 7970M. THANK YOU!

But the times had changed and I am on Windows 8 now.
I managed to install and get the betas working by doing this:
1. Downloading and installing the VGA for Windows 8 drivers from CLEVO webpage (they are both for INTEL+ATI).
2. Installing the whole Beta 6 driver over them (Enduro/Performance and beta 8 gave me artifacts in BF3).

Everything was working fine until Windows 8 started downloading updates for itself... since then when I try running BF3 I get "BF 3 stopped and had to be closed" window. It is like 19/20 tries which makes gameplay impossible and my laptop which I have only bought for playing BF3, useless.

Can anyone suggest a config that would work with Windows 8 and BF3? Maybe I should update also the HD4000 intel driver? I don have a clue. Everything works but this. I cant bare it... tried almost everything (clean install, backup recovery, reinstalling drivers, uninstalling windows updates, changing power settings, changing catalyst settings, updating punkbuster, changing webbrowser...). Sometimes after all the "magic" (and wasted hours) it works in the evening but in the morning it crashes again .

If someone has Windows 8 and BF3 working, please share the knowledge. Thank you.
BimberX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:14 AM   #375
player51
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
player51 is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimberX View Post
Hello everyone,
I have been on this thread for weeks now and only thanks to your help I managed to install new betas correctly and play Battlefield 3 on Windows 7 with decent framerate on my CLEVO with 7970M. THANK YOU!

But the times had changed and I am on Windows 8 now.
I managed to install and get the betas working by doing this:
1. Downloading and installing the VGA for Windows 8 drivers from CLEVO webpage (they are both for INTEL+ATI).
2. Installing the whole Beta 6 driver over them (Enduro/Performance and beta 8 gave me artifacts in BF3).

Everything was working fine until Windows 8 started downloading updates for itself... since then when I try running BF3 I get "BF 3 stopped and had to be closed" window. It is like 19/20 tries which makes gameplay impossible and my laptop which I have only bought for playing BF3, useless.

Can anyone suggest a config that would work with Windows 8 and BF3? Maybe I should update also the HD4000 intel driver? I don have a clue. Everything works but this. I cant bare it... tried almost everything (clean install, backup recovery, reinstalling drivers, uninstalling windows updates, changing power settings, changing catalyst settings, updating punkbuster, changing webbrowser...). Sometimes after all the "magic" (and wasted hours) it works in the evening but in the morning it crashes again .

If someone has Windows 8 and BF3 working, please share the knowledge. Thank you.

I have windows 8 fully upgraded also on my clevo. And i have battlefield 3 working. First I did use 12.11 beta 8 driver, and BF3 was working too. But after a few days I did install the Enduro performance driver 9.01 over it. I think this driver works in overall better. For me this works. I hope this helps.

Greetzzz

Last edited by player51 : Nov 30, 2012 at 04:18 AM.
player51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:20 AM   #376
BimberX
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Poland Warsaw
Posts: 10
BimberX is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by player51 View Post
I have windows 8 fully upgraded also on my clevo. And i have battlefield 3 working. I use 12.11 beta 8 driver, and i did put the 12.11 enduro performance drive over it. For me this works. I hope this helps.

Greetzzz
Wow, thank for fast reply!
How did you install it? Windows 8 VGA drivers from CLEVO + beta 8 + enduro?
Did you upgrade only the same driver or whole CCC (express install?)
Did you update Intel HD 4000?

Thanks once again.
BimberX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:30 PM   #377
TrantaLocked
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 45
TrantaLocked is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
No. The Enduro hotfix driver is different, although the Catalyst 12.11 beta8 does have some of the fixes inside.

Here is the Enduro driver.
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx
Really?

"AMD Catalyst™ 12.11 Beta Driver" is written at the top. The drivers released in the past two months are: 12.10 WHQL, 12.11 beta series, and 12.11 7970M Enduro performance driver.

I'm not sure what the confusion here is. The enduro driver is the enduro driver (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...;20driver.aspx), and the 12.11 beta driver is the 12.11 beta driver (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx). The 7970M enduro driver is based on the 12.11 beta, but also includes some DX9 fixes.

The original "Enduro hotfix" developed back in October was never released, so there is no point in discussing that if that driver is what you were referring to.

Last edited by TrantaLocked : Nov 30, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
TrantaLocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:32 PM   #378
tehpikachu
Radeon HD 6870
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 211
tehpikachu is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrantaLocked View Post
Really?

"AMD Catalyst™ 12.11 Beta Driver" is written at the top. The drivers released in the past two months are: 12.10 WHQL, 12.11 beta series, and 12.11 7970M Enduro performance driver.

I'm not sure what the confusion here is. The enduro driver is the enduro driver (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...;20driver.aspx), and the 12.11 beta driver is the 12.11 beta driver (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etadriver.aspx). The 7970M enduro driver is based on the 12.11 beta, but also includes some DX9 fixes.

The original "Enduro hotfix" developed back in October was never released, so there is no point in discussing that if that driver is what you were referring to.
I was actually pretty confused at this myself. Thanks for the links, helped clear up some things.
__________________
Hello :)
tehpikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:39 PM   #379
BimberX
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Poland Warsaw
Posts: 10
BimberX is still being judged by the masses


Default

Yep, so I have tried:
1. Putting 12.11 beta 8 on old Clevo ones - Win8 upgraded from 7
2. Putting Enduro drivers on old ones - Win8 upgraded from 7
3. Putting 12.11 beta 6 on Win 8 clean install
4. Putting 12.11 beta 8 on Win 8 clean install
5. Putting 12.11 beta 8 on Win 8 with updates downloaded
6. Putting Enduro on all above combinations
7. Trying to upgrade HD4000 different versions
8. Putting 12.11 beta 6 on Win 8 CLEVO drivers
9. Putting 12.11 beta 8 on Win 8 Clevo drivers
10. Putting Enduro on Win 8 Clevo drivers
11. Installing only GPU drivers (without CCC) from beta 8 on Win 8 clevo drivers
12. Installing only GPU drivers (without CCC) from enduro on Win 8 clevo drivers
+
Combinations of all above

And I finished up with:
1. BF3 is working but changing the graphics doesnt work
2. Changing the graphics works but BF3 always crashes

Reinstalled OS like 6 times today (thank you Acronis!) not to mention all the smaller recoveries etc. Wasted half of weekend and finally ended up with standard Clevo VGA drivers that work fine, giving me about 28-35fps in BF3 on a $2500 laptop.
I give up.
Good job AMD.

I also write this post as a reminder for myself - whenever I will want to get something from AMD I will read it over and over until I change my mind.

Cheers.

Last edited by BimberX : Dec 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: misspels
BimberX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 06:28 AM   #380
m4trix
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Denmark Denmark
Posts: 720
m4trix is still being judged by the masses


Default

Makes me sad to read the above post. 2500$ paper weight
m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:22 AM   #381
GICO
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
GICO is still being judged by the masses


Default

I used Driver Fusion to wipe my old AMD driver. Installed the new one and then the latest Intel driver. Games wouldn't work the first few times. When they didn't I installed Intel again and after the second time everything seems to work.
I've been through this 2 times, both worked. Unfortunately I don't have Battlefield 3 to test out, but everything else is running.
GICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:00 AM   #382
GICO
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 38
GICO is still being judged by the masses


Default

AMD Catalyst™ 12.11 Beta 11 is out now.
Doesn't mention whether it includes the DirectX 9 fix from the separate Enduro driver, though.

Edit: Tested it, and I'm 99% certain that it doesn't include the DirectX 9 fix.
Moar edit: This seems to be as unstable as beta 8 (BSOD's on startup). It does run Far Cry 3 better than the Enduro driver, even in DirectX 9, so if you're hooked on that game like I am, you might consider staying with it.

Last edited by GICO : Dec 5, 2012 at 01:54 AM.
GICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:29 PM   #383
caveman-jim
Retired
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 48,698
caveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwards


Default

caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:02 PM   #384
BimberX
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Poland Warsaw
Posts: 10
BimberX is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4trix View Post
Makes me sad to read the above post. 2500$ paper weight
Well I returned to Windows 7 and somehow managed to install 12.11 enduro drivers. Bf3 works almost everytime (lol pathetic) but framerate jumped from 21-28 to 50-70 fps on somsome maps.
BimberX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:09 AM   #385
Titan2k4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Titan2k4 is still being judged by the masses


Default Enduro problem stil exists?

Hey guys,

im sorry, but I am not in the mood of reading thousands of comments to get to my answere. So I will just aks the question again. Hope you don't mind.

Is there stil a problem with the 7970M in Crossifre which literally steals FPS by shutting down power consumtion? The "Enduro" Issue?

Can you simply turn that useless crap-funtkion off by now or not?
Or is there some kind of fix for that?
Or do i really need to buy a 50%+Expensive Alienware-Notebook to be able to disable it?

Need that answere badly. Im about to klick and Buy a selected notebook allready...
THx

Last edited by Titan2k4 : Dec 21, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
Titan2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:51 AM   #386
caveman-jim
Retired
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 48,698
caveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2k4 View Post
Hey guys,

im sorry, but I am not in the mood of reading thousands of comments to get to my answere. So I will just aks the question again. Hope you don't mind.
I understand, it's time consuming to read long threads. With this kind of issue it's usually time well spent, especially if you're plunking down big cash though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2k4 View Post
Is there stil a problem with the 7970M in Crossifre which literally steals FPS by shutting down power consumtion? The "Enduro" Issue?
Let's correct the question to, 'Is there still a problem with the 7970M in Enduro' - it's not crossfire. Crossfire - dual graphics - is two GPU's working together. The issue seen was switching from the integrated GPU (either in the APU or Intel CPU) to the discrete dedicated GPU. The 12.11 beta drivers included fixes for this. If you have an Intel machine you need the latest Intel GPU drivers, too. From what I've seen, this problem is largely fixed on AMD's side, not sure about Intel's GPU driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2k4 View Post
Can you simply turn that useless crap-funtkion off by now or not?
If you think it's a useless crap function, you're looking for the wrong product I'm afraid. Most people like having power saving features on their portable computers, because when they use them on battery they want more than 30 mins life. If you're never going to use it on battery, and so can live with having a big power hungry GPU on all the time, buy a portable desktop machine instead like a Digital Storm Bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2k4 View Post
Or is there some kind of fix for that?
It's in the latest Catalyst driver, you can opt to always use the dGPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2k4 View Post
Or do i really need to buy a 50%+Expensive Alienware-Notebook to be able to disable it?
I think what you're asking here is, do I need to buy the Alienware notebook to get the ability to turn the integrated GPU off and only run the discrete GPU, which costs upto 50% more than other notebooks with that same GPU.

Yes, you pay for engineering and design effort. Alienware/Dell have done a lot more than other OEMs and that's partially reflected in the cost. They also use the 'get what you pay for' marketing methodology - if its expensive in it's competitive market, it must be the best, right? right? bueller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2k4 View Post
Need that answere badly. Im about to klick and Buy a selected notebook allready...
THx
If you're really worried, then buy from a retailer/etailer that has a return policy that covers more than just physical damage - a 'dont like it' policy. It may cost you a little more on the front end, but then you can get it and be sure it's what you want.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:02 AM   #387
irdonald
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
irdonald is still being judged by the masses


Default

Hi All,

I have read through as best as I can so apologies if this has been covered. I too suffer from the Enduro issue but I have an Alienware M17xR4 so am able to disable the Intel GPU and run solely on the AMD 7970m.

The issue I have with this though is that within 30-60sec the GPU fan comes on full speed, the system sounds like a hairdryer and feels like it's ready to take off.

Does anyone know if this is also a bug with the driver or another design bug? Or if its simply a case of laptop cooling not being as efficient as desktop cooling? I cant even run World of Warcraft with Enduro enabled as I get less than 30FPS on ultra settings but get over 100FPS with Enduro disabled. This also occurs in games like AION and SWTOR.
irdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:29 PM   #388
Arghuin
Nexus 6
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Greece Athens, Hellas
Posts: 1,682
Arghuin is still being judged by the masses


Default

Is this an issue 'just' with the 7970m part or are others affected as well? (for example the 7730m; I'm in the market for a decent notebook)
Arghuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:44 PM   #389
TrantaLocked
Radeon HD 6670
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 45
TrantaLocked is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
It's a slightly different issue though. In the case of the 12.11P driver, black screens would occur when opening an application set to use the HD 7970M. We are able to get into the desktop, but often times the laptop just wouldn't switch to the 7970M when opening games, leading to a black screen.

The 12.11 beta drivers don't have this issue.
TrantaLocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:09 PM   #390
blyssed
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
blyssed is still being judged by the masses


Default

I have narrowed down the cause of blue screen issues on Clevo P150EM systems running Windows 7 64bit. After installing a fresh copy of Windows, I updated the Intel video drivers to the latest version. I installed Service Pack 1 for Windows and I installed the ATI 12.11 Beta 11 drivers. I ran Furmark and everything completed successfully. I the proceeded to install additional updates for Windows and came across the atikmpag.sys BSOD. Long story short, the Windows update, "KB2732059," is causing the blue screen. I shouldn't say that it is the culprit, but it does somehow interfere with the ATI drivers. I hope that this is helpful!
blyssed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Low FPS Diablo 3 7970m Corrion PC Gaming 6 Sep 7, 2012 11:30 PM
675M vs 7970M switchAMG General Radeon Discussion 24 Jun 1, 2012 08:31 PM
GeForce GTX 675M and Radeon HD 7970M appear on Dell mobile GPU configuration page caveman-jim General News 0 Apr 20, 2012 12:11 PM
OS issue/software issue/crappy issue Uber_Tiny Operating Systems 5 Feb 10, 2008 09:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink