|Jul 1, 2012, 04:00 PM||#1||
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Radeon HD 6770
Join Date: Sep 2007
I just downloaded the 12.6, and also checked the release notes.
Where are the info about bug fixes, new features etc?
Just an install manual....
But the driver is improved, increase in performance at least in opengl.
Unofficial release notes from phoronix.
- Application profile support.
- The R600/R700 support is dropped but there will be a legacy driver update with X.Org Server 1.12 support. Don't be surprised if you see this in July.
- Linux 3.4 kernel support.
- Various bug-fixes.
- There's no work in this driver on the XvBA video issues.
BTW: For those who can't get the 12.6 driver to support the gfx card/apu. Use following tip. Thanxx to Fritsch over at XBMC forum.
1.) Backup /etc/ati/control and /etc/ati/signature from your current installed drivers.
2.) Install version 12.6 final as you always do. See the howto given by wsnipex some pages back.
3.) After it is finished copy back /etc/ati/control and /etc/ati/signature.
4.) Run all the aticonfig commands again, reboot and fine.
First install dependencies, you need to build fglrx:
sudo apt-get install dh-make dh-modaliases execstack libqtgui4 build-essential libc6-i386
1. login in to the xbmc computer via ssh
2. sudo service lightdm stop
# backup signature and control to your home directory
3a. cp /etc/ati/signature /etc/ati/control $HOME
3. mkdir 12-6
4. cd 12-6
5. wget http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/am...x86.x86_64.run
6. sudo sh amd-driver-installer-12-6-x86.x86_64.run --buildandinstallpkg
# should tell something about supported hardware not detected
# so we restore signature and control file to /etc/ati
6b. sudo cp $HOME/signature $HOME/control /etc/ati
7. sudo aticonfig --initial -f
8. sudo aticonfig --vs=on
9. sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-u32=MCIL,HWUVD_H264Level51Support,1
(Optional 9b. if you have black bars normally, disable underscan (always after lightdm has stopped): sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0)
10. sudo reboot
Also for getting the XvBA to work... add following line to aticonfig.
For some stupid reason its included in the driver, but not enabled. Probably not been bugtested. But now that its in the open the XBMC community will bug test it quickly.
Last edited by Brutalix : Jul 1, 2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Added some nice info...
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|