Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:43 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can recite pi backwardsdemo can recite pi backwardsdemo can recite pi backwardsdemo can recite pi backwardsdemo can recite pi backwardsdemo can recite pi backwardsdemo can recite pi backwards

Did you poke it with a stick?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:11 PM   #32
swingline
I'm a real light sleeper

swingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
so what does a dead body smell like?
You really don't want to know.

Not directed at you but I can't understand those sick ****s that look at pictures and **** of dead people online.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:22 PM   #33
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird sings

two questions, did you find the body by following the sound of buzzing flies, and what gear was he carrying?
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:41 AM   #34
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie69 View Post
3 weeks, wow, smell would have been pretty intense then.
Thinking the same!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:22 AM   #35
LimeyGeeza
Get down with da sickness

LimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
two questions, did you find the body by following the sound of buzzing flies, and what gear was he carrying?
There were hardly any flies or insects, what do you mean by gear?
LimeyGeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:29 AM   #36
0091/2
Rage3D Veteran

0091/2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeyGeeza View Post
I think he's asking what he had on him when he died.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:35 AM   #37
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSundance Kid V2 considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
GanjaStar plays too much day z

He wanted to know if the guy had some good guns/food on him
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:03 AM   #38
aop
Rage3D Veteran

aop is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
He asked if the body had any good loot on it. Like baked beans or AK mags.
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:11 AM   #39
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
Not directed at you but I can't understand those sick ****s that look at pictures and **** of dead people online.
I did that for a few weeks when I became part of the MVA (motor vehicle accident) response group for SES. Helps to be familiar with what you might see rather than seeing something for the first time onsite and having your brain go into meltdown because it can't process properly. (Already had plenty of exposure to dead animals, but doesn't make it any easier when you get to an MVA and find a dog ejected through a windshield. )
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:13 AM   #40
wabbitslayer
Public Pretender

wabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-repperswabbitslayer has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Cop said it didn't look suspicious and was probably natural causes.
So they bought your story....
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:16 AM   #41
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Should've tried munging...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:44 AM   #42
kytprice
Lost in a sea of Liberals

kytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled withkytprice is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Should've tried munging...
Sick I hate that I know what that means.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:43 PM   #43
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
So they bought your story....
Dexter nr 2
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:46 PM   #44
swingline
I'm a real light sleeper

swingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshswingline kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
I did that for a few weeks when I became part of the MVA (motor vehicle accident) response group for SES. Helps to be familiar with what you might see rather than seeing something for the first time onsite and having your brain go into meltdown because it can't process properly. (Already had plenty of exposure to dead animals, but doesn't make it any easier when you get to an MVA and find a dog ejected through a windshield. )
They didn't have professional documentation to give you so you didn't have to troll the internet looking for pictures of dead people?
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:18 PM   #45
Shapeshifter
Rage3D Veteran

Shapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird singsShapeshifter knows why the caged bird sings

did you riffle through his stuff?

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:43 PM   #46
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Quote:
If you know the lisp variant Clojure and would want to move to the Chicago area, PM me.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:08 PM   #47
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I wonder if the loot he drops could be worth of the Real Money Auction House (aka ebay).

perhaps you can lots of dollars if he had anything good.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:55 PM   #48
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwardsOzzieBloke can recite pi backwards

Quote:
They didn't have professional documentation to give you so you didn't have to troll the internet looking for pictures of dead people?
What they offered was barely a couple of pictures of "Here's what you might see." which were at best blurry, grainy, and certainly do not have the same impact as seing a moving video. I wanted to be able to focus on my job, not focus on "Oh my God they're dead panic wah wah wah." You do what you have to in order to do your job better.
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:04 PM   #49
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Some people have a morbid sense of curiosity about these things. Doesn't mean they get off on that ****. I use to for awhile when I was younger but grew out of it. I don't see it as that big a deal unless you're jerking off to said pictures.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:52 PM   #50
LimeyGeeza
Get down with da sickness

LimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete stranger

Unfortunately he didn't drop any 'loot' or 'gear', if it was a video game situation his body would have faded into the nether by now, as he was there for so long.

I didn't rifle through his stuff no, believe me I didn't want to spend a minute longer in the same room than I needed to. And wouldn't have anyway...

I had to go back to the house today to grab something from the garage. So I looked around back to make sure the coroner had kept eveything secure after they took the body, and they had not...

Both doors were wide open to the outside world, and all the lights were on, I mean wtf? Anyone could have wandered in and took all of his stuff? I have called the cops to let them know. I was told to leave the premises until further notice, I really had no business being there, but If I wasn't I wouldn't have known.

Last edited by LimeyGeeza : Jun 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
LimeyGeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:01 AM   #51
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselKAC exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Unfortunately he didn't drop any 'loot' or 'gear', if it was a video game situation his body would have faded into the nether by now, as he was there for so long.

I didn't rifle through his stuff no, believe me I didn't want to spend a minute longer in the same room than I needed to. And wouldn't have anyway...

I had to go back to the house today to grab something from the garage. So I looked around back to make sure the coroner had kept eveything secure after they took the body, and they had not...

Both doors were wide open to the outside world, and all the lights were on, I mean wtf? Anyone could have wandered in and took all of his stuff? I have called the cops to let them know. I was told to leave the premises until further notice, I really had no business being there, but If I wasn't I wouldn't have known.
But did you try munging?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:03 AM   #52
swingline
I'm a real light sleeper

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Some people have a morbid sense of curiosity about these things. Doesn't mean they get off on that ****. I use to for awhile when I was younger but grew out of it. I don't see it as that big a deal unless you're jerking off to said pictures.
Sounds like immaturity and stupidity, not curiosity.

RIP Jesse
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:44 AM   #53
sandorski
Rage3D Veteran

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Poke it with a stick.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:02 AM   #54
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:18 AM   #55
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

Quote:
Yeah, had one of the other potential SES respondents say something similar. The same respondent lost their lunch the first time they attended an MVA with rather gruesome damage done to a couple of people. Guess who didn't lose theirs and was able to keep working?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:44 AM   #56
Myth
Radeon HD 7970

Myth is still being judged by the masses

Don't know if you are a believer of the paranormal or not but I imagine that there will be some sort of activity in that part of your house moving forward, mark my words....
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:49 AM   #57
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
Don't know if you are a believer of the paranormal or not but I imagine that there will be some sort of activity in that part of your house moving forward, mark my words....

You could rent and start recoding these events. Convert the unbelievers!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:29 AM   #58
swingline
I'm a real light sleeper

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Sorry if I hit a nerve.

Normal and mature people don't look at dead people "just because."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Yeah, had one of the other potential SES respondents say something similar. The same respondent lost their lunch the first time they attended an MVA with rather gruesome damage done to a couple of people. Guess who didn't lose theirs and was able to keep working?
Like I said, professional reasons notwithstanding. Still pretty bush league for them to not better prepare their workers though.

RIP Jesse
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:58 PM   #59
CoolNitro
Rage3D Veteran

CoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCoolNitro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
It may be immature to go about the internet looking for gruesome things but how does stupidity play into it, worst case you leave chunks on your keyboard and feel ill for a few days but there after you would be less likely to mentally break down should you ever witness an actual situation.

Strangely enough I used to watch things on orgish none of it really affected me then I watched that documentary regarding cow slaughtering I got like 15 minutes into that program and almost passed out kept my lunch though.

Last edited by CoolNitro : Jun 25, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:21 PM   #60
PacAce
Radeon HD 6970

PacAce is still being judged by the masses

That's odd. You said "avid mountain biker" which gives me a mental image of good health, then you say 34 and I'm like probably not natural causes. Just a hunch. Did you tell the cops about the PS3 your friend sold on ebay? What aboot your new mountain bike???
X-Fi Extreme Music
Thermaltake Level 10 GTS case
Corsair GX650 psu
MSI HD7870
PacAce is offline   Reply With Quote