Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:43 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Default The future of DCS World by Eagle Dynamics

It's the definitive combat flight sim, but they have gone 1 step further and allowed third parties to create modules for their DCS world client. If you don't know already, DCS World is basically a single, unified core for all DCS products to work in, this is something you can beta test right now, you don't need to buy anything, it comes with a free SU-25T, but say you already own a copy of A10-C or Black Shark 2, you then only need to download a 700 meg file and install that module along side the dcs world client. It is still in beta right now so the upgrade version of BS2 will not work yet, and BS1 is not supported and never will be according to them.

But lets forget about that for now, third parties have jumped on board ! What planes are planned? So far these are what they've announced and some of their WIP screenshots.

DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed by beczl

More info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=201

IRIS Flight Simulation Software

Planes planned.

IRIS F-15E Strike Eagle for DCS World
IRIS F-22 Raptor for DCS World
IRIS F-14D Tomcat for DCS World

More info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Virtual European Air Operations

Planes planned.

DCS: Hawk
DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon

More info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=207

Back to ED themselves, they'll be releasing combined arms in the near future which you can view in this promotional trailer, plus the nevada map.

Last edited by Tork64 : Jun 8, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:55 AM   #2
Napoleonic
Rage3D Veteran

Napoleonic is still being judged by the masses

I wonder if any of it will come to steam? what if I buy A-10 from steam, can I upgrade it with F-15 in the future or what?

btw why don't they release BS2 on steam? will world come to steam?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:02 AM   #3
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
I wonder if any of it will come to steam? what if I buy A-10 from steam, can I upgrade it with F-15 in the future or what?

btw why don't they release BS2 on steam? will world come to steam?
Yep, you can use the steam version of A-10, you just need the cdkey for it which you can access from the steam page, you don't need to install the steam version of a10c, from there you download the dcs world client and the dcs module for a10 from their site.

according to a forum post, they wanted to release BS2 on Steam but something happened and Steam/Valve said no, they didn't tell us why they said no.

I should post links to the dcs world client itself

DCS World Client http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...os=135&lang=en

Disregard the p51 thing, just install the dcs client

from there download the a10-c module here. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...2.1_EN.torrent

Last edited by Tork64 : Jun 8, 2012 at 04:14 AM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:22 AM   #4
Napoleonic
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
Yep, you can use the steam version of A-10, you just need the cdkey for it which you can access from the steam page, you don't need to install the steam version of a10c, from there you download the dcs world client and the dcs module for a10 from their site.

according to a forum post, they wanted to release BS2 on Steam but something happened and Steam/Valve said no, they didn't tell us why they said no.

I should post links to the dcs world client itself

DCS World Client http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...os=135&lang=en

Disregard the p51 thing, just install the dcs client

from there download the a10-c module here. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...2.1_EN.torrent

now I'm confused, so what exactly is DCS world? I'm not really care with Combined Arms or Blackshark series but I'm very interested in future DCS modern fixed wing jets such as the EF, F-15 and F-14, are they going to require DCS world? if yes then DCS world is something like FSX and the planes are the addons? (in that case I will have to buy DCS A-10 from steam)

if they are going to be separate products then I hope they will come to steam

wait, DCS World client is free? now I'm really stumped, need enlightenment about the whole issue...
Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:25 AM   #5
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:

now I'm confused, so what exactly is DCS world? I'm not really care with Combined Arms or Blackshark series but I'm very interested in future DCS modern fixed wing jets such as the EF, F-15 and F-14, are they going to require DCS world? if yes then DCS world is something like FSX and the planes are the addons? (in that case I will have to buy DCS A-10 from steam)

if they are going to be separate products then I hope they will come to steam

wait, DCS World client is free? now I'm really stumped, need enlightenment about the whole issue...
yea the client "DCS world" is free, its like you said, when buying a plane for FSX, you pay for the plane and install it on the FSX and yea they will require dcs world.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 05:11 AM   #6
Napoleonic
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
yea the client "DCS world" is free, its like you said, when buying a plane for FSX, you pay for the plane and install it on the FSX and yea they will require dcs world.
so what was the 'you need to buy A-10 on steam' about and use the cdkey for?
and if dcs world = fsx and the individual planes are going to be individual paid addons then that mean they aren't going to be sold on steam, unless it's going to be a standalone DCS F15 or something right?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 05:27 AM   #7
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

you don't need to buy it from steam, but if you were to, you could then use the cdkey steam gives you and then use that key with dcs world. I don't believe we'll be seeing the individual 3rd party planes on Steam, but who knows.

Last edited by Tork64 : Jun 8, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 06:34 AM   #8
abdecken5
Radeon HD 7970

abdecken5 is still being judged by the masses

if the combined arms is actually any good it could really take it to the next level
abdecken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 09:22 AM   #9
lumpyhed
nyannyannyannyan

lumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete stranger

A new tank sim at last
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:03 PM   #10
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
A new tank sim at last
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdecken5 View Post
if the combined arms is actually any good it could really take it to the next level
indeed
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:16 AM   #11
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Boo. Freaing. YEA BABY!!!!

Lets Light the Fires and Burn the Tires!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:02 AM   #12
sMashPiranha
boom shanka

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

Can't fly my KA-50 in it since I have BS2 upgrade version
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:10 AM   #13
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

New 3rd party has been added

Quote:
Hey guys, we just got a DCS developer´s license, which means, we´ll create stuff for the DCS world as well...so here is the question..what RAZBAM add on you would like to see in DCS? hint..the Harrier will be in DCS (imagine a GR7 or 9 in DCS? it will happen) but not any time soon
http://www.razbamsims.com/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMashPiranha View Post
Can't fly my KA-50 in it since I have BS2 upgrade version
yep I feel you, ive got the same version, we gotta wait till dcs world comes out of beta.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 05:25 PM   #14
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Working on getting our L-39 into DCS using the mod structure given to us by Alex, with good results so far! Thought you would like to see our progress. At this point it has its own slot, FM, cockpit (still early WIP), collision model, normal maps (early WIP) and all animations and lights are working properly
Virtual Patriots - L-39 External Test In DCS World
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:11 PM   #15
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett is still being judged by the masses

I'm finding the whole concept of DCS world interesting and exciting. However, rather confusing as well.

As I understand it DCS World is still only in beta and not officially released yet so for now I can just continue with the seperate packages I already have.

In the future though, am I correct that I download DCS World free, the seperate modules for Black Shark, BS 2 and A-10 and can then activate them with existing codes even though I bought some of them through Steam and some from Direct to Drive?

It appears to get a messy when I have three purchases from different locations that I expect to combine into one package.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Flett View Post
am I correct that I download DCS World free, the seperate modules for Black Shark, BS 2 and A-10 and can then activate them with existing codes even though I bought some of them through Steam and some from Direct to Drive?
correct

although the original black shark 1 is not supported in dcs world since its not a dcs game, however bs2 is supported.

Last edited by Tork64 : Jun 10, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:18 AM   #17
Napoleonic
Rage3D Veteran

damn I'm spoiled by VRS F-18 Superbug, now I really want a DCS F-18E!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 01:47 AM   #18
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett is still being judged by the masses

Thanks Tork.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

NP

http://simhq.com/_air14/air_528a.html

New radar test for the mig 21b and interview from simhq with screenshots and such.

also

Quote:
the first look at the new BD-5J cockpit with a slightly more updated layout... enjoy.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89938

Quote:
As promised, five new screenies from my desktop.. I added a nice fictional Russian air force style scheme to play with... I've no doubt the next will be a US based one and then everyone can shoot each other..lol.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89700

Last edited by Tork64 : Jun 12, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:43 AM   #20
Napoleonic
Rage3D Veteran

curious as this is something I don't know, does creating a flight sim, especially study flight sim requires plane license from the maker just like car sim?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:15 AM   #21
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Reminds me of the ambitious (but never realized) project Jane's World War.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:48 PM   #22
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Looks like DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet is coming by 3rd party developer CoreTex Designs!

Quote:
Development photo of our F/A-18E Super Hornet.

More info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90050

A new section was added: T-38A Talon Development for IRIS Flight Simulation Software

Quote:
So, we've been listening to what you want on the forums and after long discussions within the team and with the publishers, we're happy to confirm development of the IRIS T-38A Talon for DCS: World!

This decision has been based largely on the feedback we've received from you guys on what you'd like to see, and based of course on the production assets available to us.

The T-38A Talon will be aimed at release prior to the F-15E, essentially allowing us to step up our skills in project development. Whilst we have yet to firmly set out project content, we are anticipating to include a training syllabus similar in structure and content to that which the US Air Force uses.

We will of course, be calling on the community to involve themselves where possible, and we will be providing regular updates on development to keep you all in the loop.

We look forward to the bright future this new platform brings and I hope you all will enjoy and take part in this next step in our development process.

Regards

David.
more info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90030

and

Quote:
F-22A Raptor Development: These are some older development shots... taken from the facebook page.

Thought you all might enjoy them.

More screenshots/info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90031

Quote:
IRIS BD-5J Microjet in DCS:World [Dev Diary 14th June - To the Sky]

So a fair bit of progress was made today, we managed to develop and code the various analogue gauges using the base gauge code. A few gauges are left to be done, but it's shaping up very nicely.

In addition, we added some additive self-illumination lighting for the gauges.. the end result isn't exactly what I'm looking for as yet, but it's getting there..

Anyway, I'm on admin duties tomorrow so no DCS development for me.

Have fun, and enjoy

Spanky.

More info here:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90000

Quote:
curious as this is something I don't know, does creating a flight sim, especially study flight sim requires plane license from the maker just like car sim?
Hmm im not sure, but Im guessing no lol.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:23 PM   #23
sMashPiranha
boom shanka

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

The models may look great, but how do we know the avionics, flight models etc are up to the DCS standard with these 3rd party planes?
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:55 PM   #24
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMashPiranha View Post
The models may look great, but how do we know the avionics, flight models etc are up to the DCS standard with these 3rd party planes?
Very valid question and from what ive read, everyone of these 3rd party devs are going to try their best to make it as authentic as possible with the availiable information out there, it's not going to be some cosmetic only thing where you just get a cockpit and a flight model, and that's it, at least I hope not. The DCS community has already shared their thoughts that they would not take anything of the sort. I believe 2 of the 3rd party devs have a proven track record. Now for the planes where a lot of the information is still classified, like the F22 and the typhoon fighter for example, im just going to post the video of one of the devs answering that question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckd0a2mnJTc&t=1m48s

Personally im fine with this when it comes to such planes where a lot of the information is classified.

Last edited by Tork64 : Jun 16, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:49 PM   #25
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I would say that after a while of running I can announce the opening of a new section in the forum dedicated to the Combat Fighter Starfighter reachable at this link -> http://www.fightercombatsims.net/for...4-starfighter/

Thanks to the valuable collaboration with the Sim Skunk Works and my staff to the project, we were able to quickly reach a good level of simulation, both for the 3D regarding the coding of the cockpit.
We are currently completing the first implementation phase, which includes 3D modeling of the Starfighter in every detail, then go to step 2, animation and texture mapping.
Meanwhile, work is underway to implement clickable buttons in the cockpit and then move to the real scripting that include electronics, fuel system, and gradually all avionics systems, radar, including AA, we are waiting for the AG for more info
We are in possession of a cockpit 3D fact already completed which is used to carry out some tests as the functions are inserted.

More detail to follow later ...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90073
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:22 AM   #26
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:30 AM   #27
Napoleonic
Rage3D Veteran

Thumbs up

well I choose this thread to post this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=103090

DCS Spring Sale!

The entire range of DCS products will be on sale between 21 and 27 March.
DCS: A-10C Warthog – $19.99 USD
DCS: P-51D Mustang – $9.99 USD
DCS: Combined Arms – $20.99 USD
DCS: Black Shark 2 (Full) – $19.99 USD
DCS: Black Shark 2 (Update) – $9.99 USD

Download

Release of DCS: Combined Arms

DCS: Combined Arms gives you control of air and ground forces during the battle. Use the Command Map to move and task air and ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) in multiplayer and designate targets for player-controlled close air support aircraft, or directly control armor vehicles or air defense weapons to engage the enemy.

Play DCS: Combined Arms as a real time strategy game, a first person armor warfare game, or direct the ground battle from the cockpit of a DCS aircraft like the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark, or P-51D Mustang.

DCS: Combined Arms supports both single player and multiplayer game play. When in multiplayer, different players can take on different roles such as artillery commanders, tank commanders, pilots, JTACS, etc. DCS: Combined Arms allows you full control of the battle. All roles can be changed dynamically during the battle.

Features of DCS: Combined Arms:
• Move and task air and ground forces and direct their fire during a mission.
• Be the Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and direct close air support in multiplayer.
• Jump into the seat of many armor and air defence units to engage enemy air and ground forces.
• Play in both single player and multiplayer games.
• Both small and large scale battle missions included.
• Part of DCS World
Further updates and improvements will be made to DCS: Combined Arms.

Release of DCS Version 1.2.3

The new 1.2.3 update to DCS World and DCS Modules is now available as an auto-update, or downloaded directly from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com. This update includes a number of new, free DCS World features including a new DCS World Su-27 model, new triggers, and new scripting tools. It also includes major new features to the Combined Arms and Flaming Cliffs 3 modules. In addition to adding new features, this update includes many bug fixes and adjustments like missile performance, network game stability, force feedback joysticks, and a lot more.

You can read about all the changes here

DCS 1.2.4 Development

With version 1.2.3 now available, work is underway on version 1.2.4. The primary focus of this next version will be:
1 - Further improvements to network play and stability
2 - Coincide with the release of DCS: UH-1 Huey
3 - Improvements to air-to-air missile performance
4 - Changes and adjustments to beyond visual range combat systems
5 - Further GUI improvements

Moving to 64-bit Operating Systems Only

As we move forward improving the DCS World environment, we are more and more often running into roadblocks that prevent us from doing so due to supporting 32 bit operating systems. This includes larger and more populated worlds with greater terrain mesh details and textures. By moving to 64 bit support only, we will be able solve this and allow larger missions with more units, and it will allow us to improve visual effects.
This change will be coming in the next few months.

The Future of DCS

Currently the team is focused on completing Flaming Cliffs 3 and continued updates and improvements to DCS World. Once Flaming Cliffs 3 is complete, more of our focus will shift to upcoming DCS titles like the F-15C, F/A-18C and Fw-190D9. Looking further out, Eagle Dynamics and our partners plan a large number of new modules that include the Su-27SM, F-86F, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Hawk, Mi-8, Mi-24, OH-58 and AH-1G, to just name a few.

The team is also hard at work on many updates and changes to our world rendering system, which will allow us to make new and much more detailed worlds than we have now, including the Nevada map. We hope to have these changes in place before the end of the year.

With the combination of a large and varied stable of aircraft, along with upcoming new maps, we will continue moving forward toward our goal of DCS World allowing combat missions over a wide array of time periods and locations. While our products initially started with a focus on modern day jets, this is now expanding to include World War 2, Korea, Vietnam and modern day content.

Sincerely,

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics Team

DCS : F/A-18C please make it happen this year ED.

Last edited by Napoleonic : Mar 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM.
Napoleonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:45 AM   #28
Flanker35M
Radeon HD 6870

Flanker35M is still being judged by the masses

Joystick

S!

What caught my eye was the FW190D-9 "Dora". Oh yes baby! F/A-18C will be interesting to see as well from my work standpoint Hmm..Tempted on the P51D as it is on sale, already own Warthog
Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:56 PM   #29
Sabadin
Radeon HD 6950

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Hmm..Tempted on the P51D as it is on sale, already own Warthog
You won't be disappointed, it flies beautifully.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:19 PM   #30
HyperNovae
Rage3D Veteran

HyperNovae once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'HyperNovae once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'HyperNovae once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'HyperNovae once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'HyperNovae once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'HyperNovae once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I really hope they get some new planes out. I'm not interested in the high fidelity A-10 type planes that take weeks to get used to. I like Flaming cliffs for its ease of use. I like the simulation side but also the fact that I can hop in and start flying pretty quickly.
AMD FX-8320 Vishera 4.5ghz - MSI Gaming OC R9 290 - MSI 970a-G46 AM3+ SLI/Crossfire - DDR3 G.SKILL Sniper 1866mhz 8 gigs - Corsair CX750m - 2x Western Digital 1TB HD 6gb/sata - 32 in 1920x1080 LCD monitor - 23 in 1920x1080 LCD monitor
HyperNovae is online now   Reply With Quote