Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"

Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default looks like some legit photage of the Galaxy S3

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/20/galaxy-s-iii-leak/

My first impression is that it is gonna be a pretty big phone. Glad they went with software buttons. A little disappointed that the rumors of the 12MP camera didn't turn out.

Nice to see an understated design without to much chrome (seems like there is a little around the camera lens and flash.) I hope they stick with that. I do still think HTC has a better sense of the shape a phone should have.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Oh look, no edge to edge screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:01 PM   #3
CDAZ
Harlem Tech

CDAZ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Oh look, no edge to edge screen
"There's an iffy plastic rim surrounding to the whole device that has apparently been added not to ruin the surprise of how the device looks ahead of its official launch."
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAZ View Post
"There's an iffy plastic rim surrounding to the whole device that has apparently been added not to ruin the surprise of how the device looks ahead of its official launch."
If you think that plastic rim is 1/4" wide... well You can see that it's rather form fitting, the screen is not edge to edge.
Quote:
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Adjusted brightness/contrast to bring out the plastic rim.
Quote:
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:30 PM   #6
CDAZ
Harlem Tech

CDAZ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Adjusted brightness/contrast to bring out the plastic rim.

Yeah I saw the pic of it. I was also reading some of the responses. Some folks believe it's just a fake shell used by samsung to hide what the real phone is going to look like. Who know though. We'll all find out next month
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAZ View Post
Yeah I saw the pic of it. I was also reading some of the responses. Some folks believe it's just a fake shell used by samsung to hide what the real phone is going to look like. Who know though. We'll all find out next month
My post was referencing an earlier thread on some render Samsung did that showed an edge to edge screen. As you can see, I didn't think it was realistic. In fact, this phone looks nothing like the render in that thread.
Quote:
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:21 PM   #8
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:35 PM   #9
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

can you spot 1080p res from that screen?
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
can you spot 1080p res from that screen?
It's a 720p type screen... 320dpi approximately.
Quote:
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:27 PM   #11
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete strangeraviphysics once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
My post was referencing an earlier thread on some render Samsung did that showed an edge to edge screen. As you can see, I didn't think it was realistic. In fact, this phone looks nothing like the render in that thread.
Don't know if it means anything but I just saw that edge to edge handset in a commercial for a Samsung camera with wifi.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:03 PM   #12
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

I just don't see anyway that Samsung could possibly live up to this hype LOL. Maybe if they actually release a phone shaped like a pebble I will at least give them an A for effort.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:19 PM   #13
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Wow that's a stupid promo
Quote: