Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

"

Old Apr 4, 2012, 07:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
sittal
Rage3D Spammer

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Any thoughts on the price of Ivy Bridge?

Any guesses at what an Ivy Bridge might run when it comes out, assuming it does come out in May?

At work I do a lot of video processing, so they were going to buy me a new computer. No 'real' budget, but i'd like to keep it around 2500.

With a Sandy Bridge 3820 at ~300, that gives me plenty of play for a really nice graphics card, Dell IPS monitor and an SSD. That is a hard deal to pass up.

tl:dr - what will the price of an ivy bridge run, is it going to be better than an i7 3820?

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:09 PM   #2
CurrentlyPissed
1.6 Litres of Fury

CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'CurrentlyPissed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
Any guesses at what an Ivy Bridge might run when it comes out, assuming it does come out in May?

At work I do a lot of video processing, so they were going to buy me a new computer. No 'real' budget, but i'd like to keep it around 2500.

With a Sandy Bridge 3820 at ~300, that gives me plenty of play for a really nice graphics card, Dell IPS monitor and an SSD. That is a hard deal to pass up.

tl:dr - what will the price of an ivy bridge run, is it going to be better than an i7 3820?
Alot of the prices are already known and broken down last I checked. Unless it changed?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Int...155,14325.html

-George Carlin

Quote:
Life is like an Arrow on a bow. It constantly drags you back. But you are just moments away from springing forward.
CurrentlyPissed is online now   Reply With Quote