Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:30 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
slick
Rage3D Veteran

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Today is you pre ordered on time you get it a week early. Everyone else the 22nd.
Ah, okay, makes sense then. I thought I was special for a moment there.

I guess I am little special regardless........
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:51 PM   #152
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
1200-1600, I think you just had a brain fart.
that is in hk dollars
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:42 AM   #153
Chubz
It's a strange condition.

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Default Hustle Kings

I know this game has been available on the Playstation 3 for several years now, but wow.

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 16, 2012, 06:59 AM   #154
Renocide
Rage3D Veteran

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

I have been playing mine since yesterday.

This thing is ****ing SICK!

I have Uncharted, ModNation, Little Deviants, and Escape Plan.

Uncharted is amazing. I sit there with this handheld system playing something that looks like it belongs on my TV. I can't stress how great playing this game is.

Modnation is great and plays much better than the PSP version with the analog stick instead of the nub.

Escape Plan I haven't got much time into yet but the music and style is awesome.

I get how some people dislike the price but this is the REAL DEAL when you think of wanting to play your full size console games on a handheld. I think at $250 it's a good deal. Just my opinion.
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:41 AM   #155
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English Channel

Have any of you tried hooking it up to a TV? Does that work nicely? What interface do you use to hook the **** up? Also how is the resolution on tv then? Wut?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:42 AM   #156
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

you want to see something awsome about the ps vita

here it is, if you do see them at night. don't be shocked.

since everyone else is getting the same thing.. my bro and mine also has this.

I was like what the XXXX when i saw this on my vita haha

Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:56 AM   #157
Omega53
Rage3D = serious business

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Have any of you tried hooking it up to a TV? Does that work nicely? What interface do you use to hook the **** up? Also how is the resolution on tv then? Wut?
Have you tried hooking up with your maid? Is she nice at work? What do you use to hook up with her? What is your resolution to hooking up with her? Wut?
AMD Driver Issues
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:57 AM   #158
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

ign give this game graphic 10/10

maybe they are right

Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:13 AM   #159
Omega53

Omega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundOmega53 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
ign give this game graphic 10/10

maybe they are right

I was planning on picking that up when I go to get my Vita
AMD Driver Issues
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:47 PM   #160
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
you want to see something awsome about the ps vita

here it is, if you do see them at night. don't be shocked.

since everyone else is getting the same thing.. my bro and mine also has this.

I was like what the XXXX when i saw this on my vita haha

What are we looking at here?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:54 PM   #161
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Probably VITA's screen at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:01 PM   #162
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Probably VITA's screen at night.
It glows in the dark?

Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:53 PM   #163
Omega53

So any more firsthand experiences. I still have 6 days to go
AMD Driver Issues
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:47 PM   #164
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
So any more firsthand experiences. I still have 6 days to go
Yeah, please no people who are jerking off to it *cough*wc326*cough*. I have yet to hear anything negative, theres got to be something someone doesnt like about it.

Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:01 PM   #165
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
In a dark room vita screen with a black image is not totally black....

and this is what you will be getting, altho it wont' be as bad as the screen shot above..

you will probably see some black lines + grey background

Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:09 AM   #166
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English ChannelKAC once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Have you tried hooking up with your maid? Is she nice at work? What do you use to hook up with her? What is your resolution to hooking up with her? Wut?
Seems like you have a mental disability. I suggest lobotomy.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:29 AM   #167
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm thinking "Escape Plan and Rayman will be my first titles to get. How about you guys?
Quote:
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:11 PM   #168
Omega53

Stopped by gamestop today and they had a first edition bundle that someone had backed out of! So I grabbed it. Started uncharted Golden Abyss, I need to get Rayman Origins next. Im probably going to end up selling Little Deviants, the 4gb memory card, and the limited edition case on ebay for ~$50. Im so stoked!
AMD Driver Issues
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:41 PM   #169
Chubz

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Stopped by gamestop today and they had a first edition bundle that someone had backed out of! So I grabbed it. Started uncharted Golden Abyss, I need to get Rayman Origins next. Im probably going to end up selling Little Deviants, the 4gb memory card, and the limited edition case on ebay for ~$50. Im so stoked!
You lucky SOB!

Has anyone looked at the Trigger Grip peripheral for the Vita? Although it makes the Vita less portable, it essentially turns it into a PS3/360 controller hybrid with a screen in the middle!

None of my local Gamestop stores carry it, but I think it looks sweet! Amazon doesn't ship for 3-5 weeks if you order it from them, so it looks like they're either in very high demand or not many of them were produced. I bet that accessory would make playing games like Unit 13 and the upcoming Resistance much, much more comfortable. (Not that the Vita isn't already very comfortable to hold!)
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:03 PM   #170
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
You lucky SOB!

Has anyone looked at the Trigger Grip peripheral for the Vita? Although it makes the Vita less portable, it essentially turns it into a PS3/360 controller hybrid with a screen in the middle!

None of my local Gamestop stores carry it, but I think it looks sweet! Amazon doesn't ship for 3-5 weeks if you order it from them, so it looks like they're either in very high demand or not many of them were produced. I bet that accessory would make playing games like Unit 13 and the upcoming Resistance much, much more comfortable. (Not that the Vita isn't already very comfortable to hold!)
Yeah, I'm probably going to get one of those as well.

By the way, what's the name of this game?

Quote:
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:42 PM   #171
Chubz

Quote:
Yeah, I'm probably going to get one of those as well.

By the way, what's the name of this game?
Any other screenshots of it?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:31 PM   #172
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Any other screenshots of it?
Nope, saw it on ebgames.com and was curious about it.
Quote:
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:45 PM   #173
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Looks like little big planet.. on the end of the platform looks like a sackboy/girl

Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:28 PM   #174
Chubz

Unit 13 Demo Coming Feb. 21
Quote:
If you can’t make it to one of the club dates you might miss out on the prize opportunities but you can still get an early taste of Unit 13 by checking out the downloadable demo via the PlayStation Store on Tuesday, February 21st. The demo gives you access to one of the game’s Direct Action missions and includes all six operatives and online leaderboard support. Perhaps best of all is that your scores and level progress earned in the demo will carry over to the full game once it’s released on March 6th!
The Vita's launch just got even better!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:19 AM   #175
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:

Although this particular video is more or less showing my recent pick-ups, this series is intended for those who would like to learn more about the Playstation Vita. I know that most of us who've posted in this thread know plenty about it by now, but I'm assuming -- hoping, rather -- that there are still plenty Rage3D members who might stumble across this thread and want to learn more about the Vita and its games in terms of looks and functionality. Blog #2 will arrive shortly after the February 22 launch!
Can't get enough of that accent. Thanks for the video Chubz, that game looks jaw dropping! I wish we could play all PS3 games on the vita. You "can" stream from your PS3 but I'm not so sure that will work all that well.

Edit: By "that game," I mean your previous post, Unit 13.
Quote:

Last edited by Progression : Feb 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:42 AM   #176
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

just so you know i am having tons of fun with fifa.

online is fun

Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:08 AM   #177
Omega53

After spending some time with the system I must say I am mostly impressed but there are some things I don't like.

Pros: graphics are amazing in uncharted. Touch is accurate and responsive. Dual analog sticks help a lot.

Cons: forced touch in games, especially uncharted, is unnecessary. The analog sticks don't feel quite right, the Internet browser is a joke, no Netflix yet, speakers aren't as loud as I would like, the screen smudges from all the forced touching, and changing games is a pain because the covers for the slit's are a pain to open.

Overall I am extremely happy with it. Having a blast with uncharted. I'd give the system a 8.5/10. Fix the browser and remove the unnecessary touching in games and I'd bump it to 9.5/10.
AMD Driver Issues
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:23 AM   #178
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
After spending some time with the system I must say I am mostly impressed but there are some things I don't like.

Pros: graphics are amazing in uncharted. Touch is accurate and responsive. Dual analog sticks help a lot.

Cons: forced touch in games, especially uncharted, is unnecessary. The analog sticks don't feel quite right, the Internet browser is a joke, no Netflix yet, speakers aren't as loud as I would like, the screen smudges from all the forced touching, and changing games is a pain because the covers for the slit's are a pain to open.

Overall I am extremely happy with it. Having a blast with uncharted. I'd give the system a 8.5/10. Fix the browser and remove the unnecessary touching in games and I'd bump it to 9.5/10.

talk about touch screen gaming.

you get the most un nessesary touch screen gameplay in dynasty warrior.

Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:14 PM   #179
Omega53

I have a 4GB memory card and Little Deviants for $35, US Only, if anyone is interested. Free shipping in the United States (excludes Hawaii and Alaska)
AMD Driver Issues
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:40 AM   #180
Sevesoldier
Radeon HD 6670

Sevesoldier is still being judged by the masses

I've had the vita for a couple of days....it's my first handheld system since the gameboy some 15 years ago :P here's my thoughts so far:

- All around it just feels like a solid, quality piece of hardware. No hiccups, hardware bugs or problems experience so far. The screen isn't the absolute best resolution wise (the iphone manages the same resolution on a smaller screen), but the contrast and colors make it look outstanding.

- It's very confortable to use, even for long gaming sessions. Dual analog sticks are precise and the front and back touch screens work pretty well. I'm particulary impressed by the back touch pad. It feels natural and I can already see it offering tons of gameplay possibilities for future games

- The interface is quite simple and easy to use, but needs a bit more work imo. They should eliminate the extra screen touch you need to access some programs (the settings menu, the ''near'' app, etc.) We should also be able to customize a bit more the ''home'' page.....it just feels rigid and incomplete right now...

- Games played so far: Little Deviants, Uncharted, and Hot Shot Golf. All of them looks and runs pretty good and plays well on the device. Graphics wise, I've read a lot about how the games can look almost as good as their ps3 counterparts, and I have to disagree with that assessment. What we are looking at right now is first generation games on the platform....it looks gorgeous for a handheld and is a big step forward to what was previously avalaible, but it isn't on the same level of what I'm seeing on my ps3 I'm afraid (not really a negative though). I imagine that given a few months games will look even better and close that gap even more with our home consoles, which will be an amazing feat...

here it is.....I'm really pleased by my vita I consider the overall experience really good, but still not ''great''. As with all gaming consoles the library of quality games that the vita will be able to develop over his lifecycle will really be paramount for the success of the device. This thing has enormous potential to say the least. With all the exclusives and quality studios working for Sony I'm not worried though :P The launch lineup is already quite good and more good stuff is coming later this year....

Thanks!
Sevesoldier is offline   Reply With Quote