Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ichneumon
Lord of the Flies

Ichneumon is still being judged by the masses

Default Rage3D AMD Radeon HD 7950 Launch Review

You don't want to miss this one folks. The review of the card you've been clamoring for these last few weeks has arrived. Continuing to put pressure on Nvidia with it's new offering, check out AMD's Tahiti Pro and what it has to offer.

Read the Rage3D 7950 Launch Review.

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. "
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Ichneumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:40 AM   #2
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Default Error is ERage3D 7950 review?

Hi there, I was reading the Rage3D review of the 7950 and came across this:

Quote:
The dual PCIe 6pin connectors plus mainboard slot offer a total of 225W, under PCIe specification and AMD has very sensibly set the maximum board TDP of the HD 7950 to be 200W. When the PowerTune limit is raised by 20%, to a 220W cap, there is still electrical headroom in the power provided to the card.
Maybe this is still right, but isn't 20% of 200 Watt, 40 Watt? That would make it a 240 Watt cap, not 220.

[Woops]Sorry for the weird errors in my thread title, don't get what went wrong there [/Woops]

Last edited by The PyroPath : Jan 31, 2012 at 03:47 AM.
The PyroPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:07 AM   #3
Sherv
Radeon R600

Sherv is still being judged by the masses

I really thought it would be alot cheaper, guess i'll wait for the new Nvidia cards & compare the price of the 7950 to whatever nvidia bring out.
Asus Maximus VI Hero
AMD Radeon Sapphire Tri-X Crossfire R290x
Samsung 840 evo 500GB & 250GB
Sherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:17 AM   #4
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Made a post a feedback central, it's a question about the power envelope, please have a look at it...
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:38 AM   #5
jam2k

jam2k is still being judged by the masses

Great review, congrats !
jam2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:04 AM   #6
meerkat154
Radeon R600

meerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymeerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Again - another excellent review - thanks!
I may consider - have a "aging" 5870.
Kat
meerkat154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

Wow! Impressive card. Thanks Jim!
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 09:06 AM   #8
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Another solid review from CMJ and the Rage team.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:48 AM   #9
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
Made a post a feedback central, it's a question about the power envelope, please have a look at it...
I merged that question into this thread so the author will see it.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 01:20 PM   #10
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
Hi there, I was reading the Rage3D review of the 7950 and came across this:

Maybe this is still right, but isn't 20% of 200 Watt, 40 Watt? That would make it a 240 Watt cap, not 220.

[Woops]Sorry for the weird errors in my thread title, don't get what went wrong there [/Woops]
You're right, my math was bad - thanks for catching it; and for lupy for the merge.

Yes, I don't know why I said 20% of 200W was 20W... thats just wrong. Derp! My only excuse I can give is... er.... um.... CAVEMAN NO MATH GOOD! Y U NO LIKE CAVEMAN MATH?! CAVEMAN CLUB!
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote