Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:57 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

not worth the asking price.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:33 AM   #92
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
not worth the asking price.
is it that bad?
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:15 PM   #93
Exposed
Rage3D Veteran

Exposed is still being judged by the masses

Single player campaign was decent, but nothing more. The numerous references to Max Payne may be worth it alone for some people. I already played it on Xbox, what incentive is there for PC? For first time players, $15 would be more reasonable...

Watch the official Alan Wake webisodes to see if the storyline might interest you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rLG4grGFc

There are 6 parts total.

Last edited by Exposed : Feb 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 2, 2012, 02:03 PM   #94
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
is it that bad?
pointlessly convoluted story and very bland, repetitive gameplay.

you are running down a jungle path at night... you get jumped by a group of 3 or 4 enemies and you kill them. you run a little further and another group of enemies shows up. this happens 4 or 5 times and then you reach your destination.

i just described 70% of the alan wake experience right there. as in, you will spend more than 6 hours repeating exactly that when you play through it.

since they made you wait so long, you might as well go ahead and wait a while longer and get it at 75% off. that's probably what i'll be doing, and only because you had to pay for dlc to finish the story on the xbox version and i never did. this one has it all included. i guess in a way i am paying for the dlc then :|

Last edited by spindoctor : Feb 2, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 03:15 PM   #95
nutcrackr
Rage3D Spammer

nutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled with

Buying for $30 or $35 depending on Limited Edition contents.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 04:12 PM   #96
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

When it's on Steam for around $2, maybe I'll bite.
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:24 PM   #97
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
you get jumped by a group of 3 or 4 enemies and you kill them. you run a little further and another group of enemies shows up. this happens 4 or 5 times and then you reach your destination.
whoa...I think I played that game you just described and it was called Gears Of War.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:32 PM   #98
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
whoa...I think I played that game you just described and it was called Gears Of War.
Imo, he more or less described every modern third and first person shooter.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:42 PM   #99
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
some games have different gameplay elements but yeah I would agree with that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 07:28 PM   #100
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

Yer, that's pretty much what makes a shooter a shooter when you break it down to the elements. The rest just boils down to memorable set pieces and how well it's made.

I quite liked Alan Wake myself. It's not perfect but it's a solid 8. Easily worth 30 bucks in my opinion.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:45 PM   #101
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Alan Wake was very cool... on PC, I really hope they improve the textures. It would be a different game...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:48 PM   #102
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Alan Wake was very cool... on PC, I really hope they improve the textures. It would be a different game...
The framerate (from 30 to 60) and resolution coming from 540p (xbox 360) to 1080p will make a huge boost!
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:56 PM   #103
Sound_Card
Constantinople

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
meh. it's a bad game anyway.
lol wut?
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:57 PM   #104
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
yea i expected someone to bring that up.

the thing is, what i posted is not a general description of the gameplay. like if you say that in a shooter, you have a gun and you go through levels shooting people. or in an rts, you control various units and you build a base with different buildings and try to destroy the enemy's base. these are generic descriptions of these games.

what i described for alan wake is exactly what the game is going to be for the most part. the other 30% also has you running around killing enemies but at least the levels are varied... there's a town, a train yard, a dam, a farm etc. but this particular jungle 'setpiece' is repeated over and over ad nauseam.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:58 PM   #105
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I thought that was the hillside and not a jungle in Alan Wake...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:24 PM   #106
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
yea i expected someone to bring that up.

the thing is, what i posted is not a general description of the gameplay. like if you say that in a shooter, you have a gun and you go through levels shooting people. or in an rts, you control various units and you build a base with different buildings and try to destroy the enemy's base. these are generic descriptions of these games.

what i described for alan wake is exactly what the game is going to be for the most part. the other 30% also has you running around killing enemies but at least the levels are varied... there's a town, a train yard, a dam, a farm etc. but this particular jungle 'setpiece' is repeated over and over ad nauseam.
sounds like a $10 game
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 05:51 AM   #107
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Alan wake is the best game featuring dark woods where you are chased by shadowy figures that I've ever played.

Old Feb 3, 2012, 06:21 AM   #108
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

theshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Alan wake is the best game featuring dark woods where you are chased by shadowy figures that I've ever played.

Oh? Not a fan of Limbo?

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 06:26 AM   #109
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Oh? Not a fan of Limbo?
I have not played it, so alan wake is still #1 even though I did not really like it.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 06:36 AM   #110
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

does anyone remember that level from left 4 dead 2 where you go on to a concert stage, start the music and have to survive waves of enemies for a period of time before you can escape? there is a virtually identical setpiece in alan wake that the developers shamelessly ripped off from that game. it is completely out of place in what is supposedly meant to be a serious, survival horror experience and it perfectly highlights how creatively bankrupt remedy is/was when making this game.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 06:42 AM   #111
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I have not played it, so alan wake is still #1 even though I did not really like it.
you should definitely play limbo man.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 09:00 AM   #112
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Alan wake is now #2, I've played and finished limbo, it was a cool and short game, the puzzles involving the glowing parasite worm got a little bit old though.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 03:35 PM   #113
Thr0tt
Rage3D Veteran

Thr0tt is still being judged by the masses

Its a maybe from me, I just installed RE5 again and uninstalled after 1st level as the controls are goddddaaaammmmnnnnn frustrating ! Alone in the dark was another of those and Alan Wake being 3rd person adventure horror thing may suffer too but I will wait...
Specs: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P | AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz | Sapphire RADEON HD 7850 (Latest Cats) CCC | 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel | Hanns-G HH281 28" LCD | X-Fi Ultimate Gamer (5.1) | LiteOn DH20A4P DVD-RW | Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick | Win7 Ultimate
Thr0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 03:56 PM   #114
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Alan wake is nothing like RE5 or Alone in the Dark in terms of controls.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 05:14 PM   #115
Litennörd
Radeon HD 6870

Litennörd is still being judged by the masses

May very well get this sometime after, when it has gone down in price

Never played it on the 360 due to the DLC
Litennörd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 06:36 PM   #116
nutcrackr
Rage3D Spammer

nutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled withnutcrackr is not someone to be trifled with

I hear repetitive and linear mentioned. Max Payne is repetitive and linear but the core shooting is solid. How does the action stand up versus max payne?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:02 PM   #117
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I hear repetitive and linear mentioned. Max Payne is repetitive and linear but the core shooting is solid. How does the action stand up versus max payne?
I quite enjoyed it. It is aim your flashlight and shoot crap. If your flashlight runs out of batteries you run out of life... great cat and mouse game. Will play again on PC, if they high res the textures and don't have a 30 fps cap bullcrap.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 02:55 AM   #118
noko
Rage3D Veteran

noko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynoko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like a go for me. If those pc images are from the pc game . I hope the pre-order has a little discount added to it.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 03:12 AM   #119
john2
Rage3D Veteran

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Good news for AMD users

Quote:
BozzCollin and JunkyMonkey: Just today heard news that AMD had solved some CF issues and they claim a 60-75% perf boost when used with the CrossFire profile compared to single GPU. So all is not lost.
Spoke with ManuelG about the SLI support and the game won't be SLI-ready when it gets released. Nvidia will release a new driver with an SLI profile for it afterwards
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 03:13 AM   #120
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

When is this game out?