Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:10 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor|WAR
STFU KAC

Meteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by noko View Post
I concur and my problem now is I am going to have to play this game until I get sick of it since going to other games now make them seem, well rather boring and slow and I just want to go back to SS3.
Heh, I feel the same. I actually decided after playing last night I am going to hold off on continuing until I finish the other couple games I'm currently playing right now.

I may also wait until after I upgrade my PC next month. With my current configuration I'm only averaging 35-40 fps. Although it is still playable, but I want a solid 60 fps in this one.
Meteor|WAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:41 AM   #152
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Having a bugger of a time finding all the secrets. Maybe I need to think outside the box.

Are there any secret hidden doors that open? Every secret I found so far has been for the most part out in the open.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:08 AM   #153
noko
Rage3D Veteran

noko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynoko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Having a bugger of a time finding all the secrets. Maybe I need to think outside the box.

Are there any secret hidden doors that open? Every secret I found so far has been for the most part out in the open.
I am finding more secrets by climbing onto things etc. but at end of a level I am like at 50% so not really sure what I missed but am getting weapons earlier which I didn't have before , handy for playing on Hard.

At least now SS3 is #1 on Steam for sells, well at least for one day that is.

Last edited by noko : Dec 29, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:02 PM   #154
Meteor|WAR
STFU KAC

Meteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled with

And that's not even including all the people who bought keys for $11.99 on getgamesgo.com yesterday.
Meteor|WAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:54 PM   #155
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

The bosses music's alone worth the game.

OUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - SERIOUS HEAVY METAL
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 09:45 PM   #156
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

One of the least improved sequels in this day and age. Still stuck in the old days. Played the first couple of levels and they were full of meh. Have a hard time going back to such a game. Maybe in co op it shines. Currently, disappointed in wasting 12 bucks on it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:58 PM   #157
noko
Rage3D Veteran

noko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynoko can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
One of the least improved sequels in this day and age. Still stuck in the old days. Played the first couple of levels and they were full of meh. Have a hard time going back to such a game. Maybe in co op it shines. Currently, disappointed in wasting 12 bucks on it.
Too much for you ain't it?
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 01:10 PM   #158
Mike89
Radeon HD 7970

Location: United States California, where there's so much liberal BS in the air, it's hard to breathe sometimes.
Mike89 is still being judged by the masses

For me this game is just fun as hell to play and puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up. A simple kick some butt rockem sockem shooter. All man, no cover. Good job Croteam!
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 02:52 PM   #159
Grov
Death Comes For You

Grov is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
The early levels are a bit crap, but it gets better.
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 08:02 PM   #160
Mike89
Radeon HD 7970

Location: United States California, where there's so much liberal BS in the air, it's hard to breathe sometimes.

I don't think any of the levels are crap.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 08:18 PM   #161
BababooeyHTJ
Rage3D Veteran

BababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete strangerBababooeyHTJ once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
I don't think any of the levels are crap.
I agree with you.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:15 PM   #162
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

after 5 hours of co-op, i've started playing solo on serious.

Now i feel the full awesomness of the game. I disabled head bobing and put fov at 90. That got rid of nausea completely. I set up graphics exactly right for my old gtx260. Mostly max stuff, just medium shadows, no AO, and FXAA instead of MSAA. Its a beautiful game, gunplay is satisfying, the jokes are better then duke by far. When Sam hummed the spider pig tune i was so happy

My only complaint is the melee. I chose not to use it at all because its ridiculously OP. long range, insta kill. wish there was a way to turn it off in both sp and coop.

this and DOTA 2 are at the moment my addictions
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:11 PM   #163
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

13 hours for the single player campaign on serious difficulty

the last level had insane waves of enemies

Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:28 PM   #164
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Obvious spoilers in video btw.

Ok, after watching this, I will NEVER find all the secrets on my own. The very first one is WTF?

Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:44 AM   #165
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

yea i'm lucky to find even 2-3 secrets per level . there's a total of 118 in the game, i'm almost certainly going to end up with <20

the game is quite amazing. there's one scene where you get the minigun and you are charged by a billion kleers and werebulls and you keep getting bounced around in the air from their knockback. that section hilarious fun and worth the price of admission on it's own

seriously, everyone should get this game. especially when it has been down to as low as 10-12$. no reason in the world not to get it at a price like that.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:53 AM   #166
GanjaStar
Jalouise

there are some epic secrets, like the "useless secret area"

its just an empty space with nohing in it lol.

also, the laser gun+sniper are only found as secret weapons.

I never actually used the sniper, even though i found it twice.

Laser gun i did use, but its really just a slower minigun.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:02 AM   #167
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

that was totally different to how I play. Wow!!
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:49 AM   #168
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

right so i finished the game. that last level was absolutely insane. the game throws 1700+ enemies at you in the last hour . that means you're killing one enemy every 2 seconds non stop for an hour! and then the game ends with a complete batshit crazy boss fight. it's not very well designed so it takes a while to figure it out but i cannot remember any boss fight from recent times which had so much mayhem and chaos

imo the game is best played one level a day or so (levels last between 40-60 minutes each) because it gets physically tiring to play for longer than that. it's strange but the game kind of drains you if you play it for too long.

very fun game though, everyone should play it.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:43 AM   #169
john2
Rage3D Veteran

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
right so i finished the game. that last level was absolutely insane. the game throws 1700+
Yeap, the last level is awesome. Wished all levels could have this amount of enemies
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:30 AM   #170
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

I found about half the secrets, but I never knew about that first one at all!

What a fantastic game! Think I'll play some more this weekend.

crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:51 PM   #171
Sir Duke
Radeon HD 7970

Sir Duke is still being judged by the masses

I played a bit of singler player, wasn't too impressed. I had to raid every single shack to collect ammo and health. but then I tried coop, man it was a blast, 8 insane dudes with rockets going around and hordes of enemies, it was awesome.

so the gist of it is, skip the single player and go directly to coop
Sir Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:54 PM   #172
Mike89
Radeon HD 7970

No don't skip single player! Game rocks plain and simple. Not everyone is a multiplayer, I'm sure not.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:03 AM   #173
Tyler582
Rage3D Veteran

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

$13.60ca wanted to get the go ahead from the forums here before I bought. I'm drunk, tho, and the trailer show a lot of blood so I'm going for it, haha.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:08 AM   #174
SkullE_again
Rage3D Veteran

SkullE_again is still being judged by the masses

Just picked it up for $13.00. weekend sale.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:16 AM   #175
lumpyhed
nyannyannyannyan

lumpyhed can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylumpyhed can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylumpyhed can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Tis a blast gents
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:57 AM   #176
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Thanks for the heads up!

Just got it for Ł10

Finally a game I have the time to play, Skyrim is great but man I just do not have the time to play it properly.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:45 AM   #177
Apocalypsee
Rage3D Veteran

Apocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselApocalypsee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

This game is a lot more fun, and I'm happy it gone a bit more serious since the last SS2 which is too cartooney for my taste. This one is just right. Sledgehammer is my weapon of choice earlier in the game, and I like the melee addition, seems too OP at some point but its good if being overrun by tons of enemy at close quarters
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:27 PM   #178
PowerK
Rage3D Veteran

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

Just picked up for $13. Couldn't resist the Steam sale. Hope it's good.
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:45 PM   #179
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English ChannelJohnEJohn once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Wow this game is seriously stressing out my GPU's.. I can run it all on ultra with both AA options maxxed but at points it chugs a little, I need more VRAM!! actually I need a 7970.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:50 PM   #180
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Split-Screen Coop.

I came everywhere. Just absolutely everywhere.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote