Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"

Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwards

Default Transformer Prime available Nov. 9th

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/31/a...ember-9th-two/

I thought they said it was launching Q1 next year, I'm pretty surprised. Doubt they're gonna have a Verizon version though, I'll likely have to wait for a quad core Xoom or Galaxy Tab.

Won't be launching with ICS though, will get that later:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/31/a...mb-ics-coming/
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.

Last edited by Elysian : Oct 31, 2011 at 02:28 PM.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:38 PM   #2
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

It weirds me out how they are taking a phone that made it's mark buy being a decent budget handset and turning it into a super phone. It would be like Honda deciding to use the Civic badge on their next super car. wrong phone name

Last edited by aviphysics : Oct 31, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
aviphysics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwardsElysian can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
It weirds me out how they are taking a phone that made it's mark buy being a decent budget handset and turning it into a super phone. It would be like Honda deciding to use the Civic badge on their next super car.
Huh?
Quote:
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:47 PM   #4
shrike126

shrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Equally as confused by that...
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:50 PM   #5
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Huh?
Shoot..... Thinking about the Optimus . The Optimus 2X was the one I thought was weird. Also a little surprised they never made an Optimus Prime phone.

Last edited by aviphysics : Oct 31, 2011 at 02:52 PM.
aviphysics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:38 AM   #6
FX-Overclocking
Rage3D Spammer

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

IMO Transformer was the best current gen tablet offering anyway, this will rock.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
IMO Transformer was the best current gen tablet offering anyway, this will rock.
Ever hold one?

The new one looks less cheap, hopefully that will translate to feeling less cheap as well.
Quote:
Old Nov 1, 2011, 06:22 PM   #8
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

As much as i like how the ipad2 Tab and Xoom feel, i dont mind the Transformer at all. IMO its definitely not something to worry about. I hope the T-Prime will be even better. So far it looks great and has all the slots that i would like to have! Hopefully they can score yet again on the price point.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

I'd love to see a Verizon LTE version, but I'm not holding my breath...
Quote:
Old Nov 1, 2011, 09:42 PM   #10
bill dennison
Rage3D Veteran

bill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Ever hold one?

The new one looks less cheap, hopefully that will translate to feeling less cheap as well.
have one
new one looks good but i think the aluminum top will dent easy
old one is more durable, if you could just change the processor
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:06 PM   #11
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
have one
new one looks good but i think the aluminum top will dent easy
old one is more durable, if you could just change the processor
What are you doing that you're worried about dents? My Xoom has been very durable.
Quote:
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:55 PM   #12
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I still don't see the appeal of quad-core tablets.

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:57 PM   #13
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I still don't see the appeal of quad-core tablets.
Have you seen the Lost Planet 2 full-game port running on Kal El without dumbing down any of the graphics? It's a direct port of the PC version to Android and runs beautifully at 720p. From a gaming perspective, Kal El is going to blow the doors open.
Quote:
Old Nov 2, 2011, 02:47 AM   #14
bill dennison
Rage3D Veteran

bill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwardsbill dennison can recite pi backwards

Quote:
What are you doing that you're worried about dents? My Xoom has been very durable.
hvac everything bounces around in a pickup truck or sometimes up on a roof if i need pics
droped a 8" crescent wrench on the Transformer once was ok, and it and my ipod don't like the hot truck sometimes at a 115f here in phoenix
ipad had a mount but the Transformer ends up on truck floor a lot

Last edited by bill dennison : Nov 2, 2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 03:47 AM   #15
FX-Overclocking
Rage3D Spammer

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Ever hold one?

Meh, it didn't feel that bad. It had all the ports I need that iPads don't give you so I was a fan. Hopefully this one's thinner though.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 02:01 PM   #16
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Have you seen the Lost Planet 2 full-game port running on Kal El without dumbing down any of the graphics? It's a direct port of the PC version to Android and runs beautifully at 720p. From a gaming perspective, Kal El is going to blow the doors open.
Sure that's great, but outside of that?

I mean if they get decent games to work on Kal-El, allow peripheral to wirelessly connect, I can see that being a pretty neat way to game. But I'm still not a huge fan of touchscreen gaming for anything beyond casual stuff.

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Corsair HX620
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB

Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Old Nov 3, 2011, 06:51 PM   #17
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I know I'm tempted to get a transformer... all my sheet music on one device? Hell yes.

I *could* do that with the ipad as well, I know...but I kinda like having both ios and android systems.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 06:55 PM   #18
Zero
Sass hole

You'll likely have an easier time managing your sheetmusic on an android device.

-Robert Oppenheimer

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Corsair HX620
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB

Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Old Nov 5, 2011, 02:25 AM   #19
bill dennison
Rage3D Veteran

Old Nov 5, 2011, 06:36 AM   #20
Zero
Sass hole

benchmark lol

-Robert Oppenheimer

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Corsair HX620
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
ATI 4770 1GB

Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Old Nov 5, 2011, 08:39 AM   #21
wc326
Rage3D Veteran

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

cpu mark is much higher, but gpu mark is about the same?

I read somewhere, they said tegra 3 cpu will be as fast as core 2 dou cpu in some benchmark..

tegra 3 is a beast.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 5, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
wc326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:17 AM   #22
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/09/t...splay-12-hour/

Official specs:

Pretty incredible, tbh.
Anyone buying a Transformer 1 ?
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:42 AM   #23
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Sweet... probably gonna grab this. Just need to get my hands on it first and play around with it.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:23 AM   #24
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

badboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Just need to get my hands on it first and play around with it.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:27 AM   #25
somewon
Radeon HD 6970

somewon is still being judged by the masses

For those who haven't already seen this, here is Kal-El flexing its muscles on a Lost Planet 2 port without making any sacrifices.

Seriously

This thing is a beast!
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:33 AM   #26
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

How many times are you going to post that? I don't think anyone can miss it
Quote: