Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"

Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

Razeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled with

Default iPhone comes to Sprint

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...675657466.html

Sprint Nextel Corp. will begin selling the iPhone 5 in mid-October, people familiar with the matter said, closing a huge hole in the No. 3 U.S. carrier's lineup and giving Apple Inc. another channel for selling its popular phone.
The timing, however, indicates Apple's new iPhone will hit the market later than expected and too late to contribute to sales in the company's fiscal fourth quarter, which ends in September. Most observers had expected the device to arrive next month.

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...#ixzz1VstwjKE8
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'll be preordering as soon as I can.

Doing my part to keep Shrike gainfully employed.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:30 PM   #3
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

If it has 4g maybe Ill go to sprint from ATT when my contract is up...

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

Razeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled withRazeus is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
If it has 4g maybe Ill go to sprint from ATT when my contract is up...
Especially if Sprint will keep it's unlimited data plan and pricing and no throttling. That that I would ever use that much, but it's the principle. This will save me a cool $50 easy. I'll pay the termination fee and make it up with the savings.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:45 PM   #5
shrike126

shrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I haven't heard anything that makes me think we're going to limit our unlimited plans yet. I of course, can't comment on these "rumors" that are going around.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Especially if Sprint will keep it's unlimited data plan and pricing and no throttling. That that I would ever use that much, but it's the principle. This will save me a cool $50 easy. I'll pay the termination fee and make it up with the savings.
I thought Sprint was on the ropes and you'd never go back to them
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHere View Post
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:53 PM   #7
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post

I guess I'll be getting two. My wife's Blackberry is on the fritz as well.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
iPhone will turn Sprint's fortunes around.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:09 PM   #9
HAL10000
Rage3D Spammer

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
In this economy nothing is certain at all.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Uh yeah right. Sprint is turning their fortunes around on their own, without ever having had the iPhone. Don't forget the majority of people on Verizon are still going Android, despite iPhone having a slight surge.
Quote:
Come to my neighborhood and take a swing at me. I will kill you and I will walk.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 08:10 PM   #11
fO Che -USA-
Rage3D Veteran

fO Che -USA- is still being judged by the masses

Lol who cares iphones suck. Sprint is good to me $ 50.00 a month 4G unlimited.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 09:01 PM   #12
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fO Che -USA- View Post
Lol who cares iphones suck. Sprint is good to me $ 50.00 a month 4G unlimited.
Does Sprint even have 4G in Omaha?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:30 PM   #13
fO Che -USA-
Rage3D Veteran

If you zoom way in on clearwire's coverage map for Omaha you'll see pockets through out the city. I happen to live in one of those pockets.

We did a compare at work, nothing scientific just my epic vs a VZ Iphone all phones had full bars 3G "hard to believe I know" My phone smoked the iphone loaded pages much faster downloaded apps faster. I know this may not be a representation of all iphones or service but why should I care her phone appeared to be in good working order.

Last edited by fO Che -USA- : Aug 24, 2011 at 02:00 AM.
fO Che -USA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:33 AM   #14
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

I'm in Bellevue so that's good to know. Hopefully we'll get better coverage in the near future.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:10 AM   #15
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

logical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channellogical once jumped the English Channel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fO Che -USA- View Post
If you zoom way in on clearwire's coverage map for Omaha you'll see pockets through out the city. I happen to be in one of those pockets.

We did a compare at work, nothing scientific just my epic vs a VZ Iphone all phones had full bars "hard to believe I know" My phone smoked the iphone loaded pages much faster downloaded apps faster. I know this may not be a representation of all iphones or service but why should I care her phone appeared to be in good working order.
Comparing 4g and 3g... what did you expect?

Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:57 AM   #16
fO Che -USA-
Rage3D Veteran

I just edited it sorry. We were both on 3g. I don't get 3g at work Omaha is all spread out and surprisingly hilly so service is hard for most carriers but Im happy with sprint service
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:19 AM   #17
logical
Whats up my glib globs?

Subscriber

Your beef is with VZ then anyway. What were your speeds?

Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:03 AM   #18
sittal
Rage3D Spammer

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i'll stick to my htc evo 4g, it's pretty nice.

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:24 AM   #19
somewon
Radeon HD 6970

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Couldn't care less, I'll stick with Android or see what Mango has to offer before ever considering an iPhone.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:52 AM   #20
Sound_Card
Constantinople

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Now if sprint can add a bit more 7 phones I think they would be perfect. If their is no data up charge for an iphone 5 verses other smart phones on sprint, I would highly consider it.
Sound_Card is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:16 AM   #21
shrike126

shrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Can I get a huzzah?

Quote:
Here's the word straight from Bloomberg's unnamed sources: Sprint's not only getting the elusive iPhone 5 -- it's keeping an unlimited data plan around just to sway buyers who may otherwise spring for the AT&T / Verizon Wireless variants. Furthermore, these folks in-the-know have good reason to believe that it'll be launched "next month," which gives Apple a shockingly small amount of time to invite us over for a west coast reveal. As it stands, the only folks who'll get limitless data with an iPhone 5 on its existing US carriers are those with grandfathered plans; any new customers on Ma Bell or Big Red will be forced to select one of many tiered options. Not surprisingly, neither Sprint nor Apple are commenting on the story, but if it all proves true, Sprint can definitely hang its hat on having one serious competitive advantage.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/09/s...e-5-launch-pr/
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:56 AM   #22
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

I'll be buying two (wife and I) and continue on with Sprint. Now gimme some specs and let me know how much money I've got to spend so I can run over my hero and my wife's blackberry!

P.S. Shrike
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:52 AM   #23
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I came to this thread to post just that looks like Sprint is trying to position itself as the best choice for iPhone users.
Quote:
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:08 PM   #24
shrike126

Subscriber

Quote:
I came to this thread to post just that looks like Sprint is trying to position itself as the best choice for iPhone users.
Between this and our Network Vision plans, I'm ecstatic about our upcoming years. Network Vision is really amazing from a carrier standpoint and makes AT&T's current complaints about spectrum concerns and capacity look silly by comparison.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:50 PM   #25
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

iPhone 5 will save Sprint.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 05:13 PM   #26
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
iPhone 5 will save Sprint.
Quote:
Old Sep 9, 2011, 05:14 PM   #27
somewon
Radeon HD 6970

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Sprint doesn't need saving.
I've already explained all of this before in meticulous detail.

As for the iPhone 5, if history is any guide (and it almost always is), it will be little more than an incremental upgrade to yet another over-hyped and under-delivering Apple product line.

I'll stick with Android or see what Mango brings to the WP platform.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 05:24 PM   #28
shrike126

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Sprint doesn't need saving.
I've already explained all of this before in meticulous detail.

As for the iPhone 5, if history is any guide (and it almost always is), it will be little more than an incremental upgrade to yet another over-hyped and under-delivering Apple product line.

I'll stick with Android or see what Mango brings to the WP platform.
While this may be debatable, the sales spree that will inevitably follow will be good for the carriers and I'm glad this time that Sprint is among them.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 06:24 PM   #29
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If I were on Sprint I'd be preparing for the loss of unlimited data. I bet when the iPhone hits its network they will be going to tiered data plans shortly after as well.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 07:00 PM   #30
shrike126

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
If I were on Sprint I'd be preparing for the loss of unlimited data. I bet when the iPhone hits its network they will be going to tiered data plans shortly after as well.
Wouldn't make sense since comparatively, Android hits harder than iOS in data usage.