Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Default Catherine Review (IGN)

9/10

Quote:
This is a game that melds so much together and is so different than anything else on the market that it’s for just about anyone who really loves games.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1181622p1.html

Quote:
I refuse to take any environmentalist seriously if they aren't a vegetarian.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:46 AM   #2
Chuck
Grim Fandango remake!

Chuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete stranger

So is this Hentai or not?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:50 AM   #3
CyanBlues
Rage3D Veteran

CyanBlues is still being judged by the masses

hopefully it sells a lot so that other developers are willing to try different things in games isntead of the usual cod rehashes etc
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:19 AM   #4
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
hopefully it sells a lot so that other developers are willing to try different things in games isntead of the usual cod rehashes etc
I agree. I want more variety, bring on the Demons Souls and the Catherines and Personas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:44 AM   #5
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

puzzles and cutscenes?

Quote:
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:00 PM   #6
jimjobob
Rage3D Veteran

jimjobob can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjimjobob can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
So is this Hentai or not?
Not.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:30 PM   #7
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Played the 360 demo; very interesting game.

Quote:
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:44 AM   #8
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

i think this is a game best played on youtube

seriously though... watch it for the story, skip the stupid ass puzzle platforming. win-win. and the fact is, everyone is interested in the story boobies anyway. the gameplay itself looks repetitive and tedious, and it's supposed to be stupidly hard. this is what the ign news director had to say about the difficulty of the game

Last edited by spindoctor : Jul 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:21 PM   #9
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Game is getting some serious reviews. Guess you just have to like it or not.

Quote:
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:47 PM   #10
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
watch it for the story, skip the stupid ass puzzle platforming. win-win. and the fact is, everyone is interested in the story boobies anyway.
Someone has to be an extremely sad and lonely person to play through a game for Japanese Animation style boobs...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:50 PM   #11
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Someone has to be an extremely sad and lonely person to play through a game for Japanese Animation style boobs...
people sure don't have an issue watching it for the exact same reason.

Quote:
Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:32 PM   #12
clerick

clerick knows why the caged bird singsclerick knows why the caged bird singsclerick knows why the caged bird singsclerick knows why the caged bird singsclerick knows why the caged bird sings

Man this game is hard as hell. First game i've had real Challenger with in years.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:40 PM   #13
Chuck
Grim Fandango remake!

Chuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Not.
Whatever. She gives me a hard-on regardless so... yeap, getting this game for sure.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:08 AM   #14
yorae_d
Warden to the Maiden Fair

yorae_d is still being judged by the masses

That butt monster creature really bothered me...
- "I'll scream very loudly."
yorae_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:45 PM   #15
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges

didn't realize this was out yet, picked it up today. very excited, have been waiting on this once since it was first announced.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 09:32 PM   #16
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Bitch keeps stabbing me with a fork

Quote:
Old Jul 30, 2011, 02:17 AM   #17
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges

This game is ****ing hard.

But it feels rewarding.

I think even with as hard as it is, it's not crazy frustrating because there is no 15 second cutscene or 20 seconds to wait while the level reloads. It just drops you right back where you need to be, and I really appreciate that.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 02:47 AM   #18
Chuck
Grim Fandango remake!

Was going to pick this up today but the friggin game was US$70 for the standard edition. Gonna check somewhere else to see if there are better deals out there.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:46 AM   #19
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Bitch keeps stabbing me with a fork
Yeah, this, serious. I have rarely felt such a feeling of urgency in a video game but when that bitch gets near you, you need to hurry the **** up or you're dead. like, really hurry. If she's like 3 rows below you, you probably have about 5 seconds to make some distance before getting stabbed.

I like it, a challange

First bossfight and I was like "****ing christ man, I never have to make this many retrys and this is NORMAL."

I love how the description for "hard" difficulty is "Even more brutal than NORMAL"
....YEAH
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:10 PM   #20
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I like it, a challange
yep; fortunately the pillow pretty much regens any lost life you suffer on the pyramid until you reach respawn point further up. I'm just beginning the torture chamber

Quote:
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:28 PM   #21
Progression
Rage3D Veteran

Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Progression once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

PS3 or 360?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:58 PM   #22
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
PS3 or 360?
360 here. Enjoying it. Holy **** the baby is insane. So ****ing fast. I'm gonba try it again later tonight but gave up after a few attempts this afternoon.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:58 PM   #23
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
PS3 or 360?
ps3

Quote:
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:35 AM   #24
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Strange difficulty curve, you feel very rushed in the first 5 stages or so, then on night 6 and 7, the pace slows to a crawl and the levels are much more mentally challanging.

on the final night now and it's like i hit a ****ing brick wall, I don't think it would be that bad if I didn't have a braindead "partner" with me.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:01 PM   #25
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Well, at least now we know who are the hentai wankers on this forum...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:05 PM   #26
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Well, at least now we know who are the hentai wankers on this forum...
Wtf is hentai!?

Quote:
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:10 PM   #27
CyanBlues
Rage3D Veteran

CyanBlues is still being judged by the masses

Catherine Sales Set Atlus Record
Puzzle title is the biggest launch game in the publisher's history

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1185654p1.html

Quote:
"Catherine has exceeded our highest expectations," said Tim Pivnicny, VP of Sales and Marketing at Atlus, in a statement given to IGN. "It released last week to tremendous critical acclaim and fan response, bolstered by the release of a demo a couple weeks prior, and continues to generate discussion among fans for its mature themes, engrossing subject matter, and frantic, challenging gameplay.

"It is fitting, then, that Catherine can boast the largest launch in the 20-year history of Atlus, and continues to see strong sales at retail."
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:17 PM   #28
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Wtf is hentai!?
chinese cartoons
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:16 AM   #29
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciera View Post
chinese cartoons
Thanks

Quote:
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:28 AM   #30
Chuck
Grim Fandango remake!

Quote:
Thanks
Don't tell me you actually believe him.

It's anime... porno style. There are only a number of things porn actors/actresses would do... you catch the drift.