Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 7, 2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
beowulf001
Radeon R520

beowulf001 once held a door open for a complete strangerbeowulf001 once held a door open for a complete strangerbeowulf001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Far Cry 3

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/...1173653p1.html

Looks promising. Once again, ignore that it is on the XBOX 360. It should be out for all platforms.
beowulf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I... kinda .... like it.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 05:36 PM   #3
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Looks decent enough as long as it doesn't have the crap re-spawning enemies of the 2nd one.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 7, 2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

I like. And I enjoy the bad guy character.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The demonstration looked very cool. I'm looking forward to playing this one!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 07:53 PM   #6
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
Looks decent enough as long as it doesn't have the crap re-spawning enemies of the 2nd one.
been so long im not quite sure but i think this is why i quit playing the game.

I read somewhere recently though that after a while you build up a reputation and the grunt type people will run away from fights with you. If this is true I need to go back and give it another try I think.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 08:02 PM   #7
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

"Boss has murdered everyone..." - "So Jason is looking for a little payback and will murder everyone as well."

Nice try justifying the player's actions. Also I hate unfiltered motion capture, but "Boss" was pretty cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 09:04 PM   #8
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

That looks fun as hell.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:34 PM   #9
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Loved the part where he knife's a guy and then throws the knife at the next guy.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:49 PM   #10
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Like i said in the console thread, the game appears to have some serious attitude. From the way its been produced to the way the people are interacting. Listening to the guy talk to you and the way his eyes looked intense, was just wild. Ok its nothing ground breaking, but from what i can tell its definitely captivating! Looking forward to this!
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:30 AM   #11
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
been so long im not quite sure but i think this is why i quit playing the game.

I read somewhere recently though that after a while you build up a reputation and the grunt type people will run away from fights with you. If this is true I need to go back and give it another try I think.
Only in the main areas, which is stupid, the checkpoints still attack you and so do the guys in the missions, though it would be dumb if the enemies in the missions started running away

Note however, the Fortunes edition or whatever it is called has some gameplay fixes not in the original, so if you buy it again on steam or something, you will get a double sized respawn area, which is MUCH better than the original, though can still be annoying sometimes, also the hardest difficulty seems to have actually become hard now. There are also a couple other small, but goode, improvements, but i forget what they were.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:30 AM   #12
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Look way better than the second game.

But +10 for each kill, in single player??
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 05:07 AM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlstano View Post
Yeah it is really better than previous version. I have bought this game couple of weeks ago. I have copied version of this game. Hope i will bring full and orignal version of this game. All graphics and characters are really realstic and amazing.
And they come with complete nicely designed kitchens...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 05:19 AM   #14
H-Alien
Radeon Evergreen

H-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete stranger

that trailer actually looked....great. I'm surprised since I hated the last one.
H-Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:43 AM   #15
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I love the first Far Cry.I can't remember it having QTE,highlighted weapons or points for kills.....
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:05 AM   #16
beowulf001
Radeon R520

beowulf001 once held a door open for a complete strangerbeowulf001 once held a door open for a complete strangerbeowulf001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
Agreed!

Judging by the numbers that popped up when taking down an enemy, it appears that there will be more of an RPG element to this one. At least I hope that to be the case.

Last edited by beowulf001 : Jun 8, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
beowulf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:25 AM   #17
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

holy **** this could be the crysis beater

I can't see if we could chop down trees but the graphics is clearly better than vanilla crysis!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:01 AM   #18
SOCOM Ops
Radeon R520

SOCOM Ops is still being judged by the masses

Far Cry 3 Looks damn good! I like the terrain water and foliage graphics. But im not too impressed with the character renderings and movement, they need more work. The trailer was well done and showed what the game can do, the bad guy had me in stitches lol.

REST IN PEACE VENGEANCE 1965-2008
SOCOM Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:26 AM   #19
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Rambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete stranger

You know what? The graphics look nice, but the game play looks exactly like that of the second game.

I wonder if they listened to what anyone had to say about the last one. This appears to have just the same problems. One being that every single person in the environment is out to get you. The second game had absolutely nothing going on in the background. There were no random vehicles or characters just strolling about. What it was, was everyone going out of their way to do you in. The passing car would ram you, guy jumps out to try to blast you with an AK. It's as if the whole place was occupied by mercenary outsiders.

This seems to make the words of the bad guy here seem quite ironic.

This just appears to be another first person arcade shooter, the repetitive shoot everyone, rinse and repeat.

Not my fault, I voted Ron Paul.

Not my fault, I voted Badnarik.
Rambozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:33 AM   #20
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I just now noticed that the AK-47 sights suffer from the same problem as those in BC2: Vietnam. If you aimed that way, you'd shoot above the target every time. Did anyone else notice that? I didn't even catch it until the second time I watched the demonstration. It's like the weapon is tilted slightly upwards. Why do developers keep making this mistake? Have they never aimed down the sights of a real weapon before?

Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:54 AM   #21
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambozo View Post
This seems to make the words of the bad guy here seem quite ironic.

Quote:
This just appears to be another first person arcade shooter, the repetitive shoot everyone, rinse and repeat.
well, things are not really that different than with stalker or boiling point, just cause, oblivion, fallout and most other game with this nature...
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:00 PM   #22
-=John=-
Radeon Northern Islands

-=John=- is still being judged by the masses

Seems they have taken on board all the criticism from the second one, some of the people in the world will speak to you briefly before trying to drown you rather than simply shooting you on sight.

"A bachelor is a man who comes to work each day from a different direction"
-=John=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:17 AM   #23
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

HD version... better visually of course and also shows better gaming performance than the other feed.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Jun 9, 2011 at 12:20 AM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 05:56 AM   #24
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yuck. The models look like crap. The enemies' shoes somehow glow. The animations are weak. Some clipping problems. I hope they turned off AA.

Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 09:10 AM   #25
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

I like that the crazy bad guy inadvertently describes the likely game play through his description of "insanity". "You do the same crap over, and over, and over again..."
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:45 AM   #26
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0Griever View Post
Yuck. The models look like crap. The enemies' shoes somehow glow. The animations are weak. Some clipping problems. I hope they turned off AA.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:50 AM   #27
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Graphically I thought it looked amazing. Gameplay is still a mystery as I can never go off E3 preveiws or trailers.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:16 PM   #28
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Any Trigens in this?

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:23 PM   #29
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord View Post
Any Trigens in this?

I'm actually beginning to miss them. I thought the mad scientist sci-fi stuff made Far Cry cool. Enemy variety is desperately missing in these new far cry games.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:43 PM   #30
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

Well it looks very good GFX wise . If it's not as repetitiveas FC2, I'm all in for it.