Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 10, 2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Mouse Hitman: Absolution

It's been a while since we first heard rumors that there was a new Hitman in the works. It's been less of a while since we first learned that the game could be called Hitman: Absolution. Hopefully, it will be even less of a while before we learn more about the game beyond a cryptic teaser trailer and some marketing fluff.

I really hesitate to call the video here to the right a "trailer," because there's very little actual content. In it, everyone's favorite bald-headed professional murderer calmly affixes a silencer to a pistol, and then the scene changes to a snake coiled around a gun. That's it.
Unless publisher Square-Enix and developer IO Interactive are hinting that there will be a gun in the game that shoots snakes as ammunition, there's nothing else there.
There's a bit more in Square's marketing fluff: Agent 47 will be accepting his "most dangerous contract to date," having been betrayed by friends and sought by lawmen for years - maybe he could try changing his hairstyle, just a thought. 47 will be caught in the middle of a conspiracy, which must be a bummer when all you want to do is to get paid to kill dudes.

"For the first time we are taking Agent 47 on a personal journey which allows us to explore other parts of the Hitman fantasy," said IO game director Tore Blystad. "This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games; something our silent assassins will relish, as will all those new to the Hitman world."

The game will be revealed at E3 and is scheduled to hit shelves in 2012. For the record, if there is a gun in the game that shoots snakes as ammunition, then I totally called it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...Precisely-That
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Nice. Ive always been a fan of the Hitman series, Im hoping they stick to the same formula like the past versions.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 08:48 PM   #3
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

WOOOO! More Hitman!

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 10, 2011, 10:40 PM   #4
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

This is my only hope for the future of stealth gaming now that everything else has turned into dumbed down action titles. I hope Hitman 5 lives up to the standards set by the previous games in the series. It's the last standing stealth series that has not been destroyed by corporate sell-outs.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 07:36 AM   #5
-=John=-
Radeon Northern Islands

-=John=- is still being judged by the masses

Hopefully they continue with the steady rate of improvement the series has seen since the first game

"A bachelor is a man who comes to work each day from a different direction"
-=John=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 10:16 AM   #6
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

A gun that shoots snakes? Awesome!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 10:18 AM   #7
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

"This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games; something our silent assassins will relish, as will all those new to the Hitman world."

I find this part a little disturbing...

Anyway good advice for 47 to change haircut, I think using wigs would be the best idea here.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 03:35 PM   #8
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Of course in reality he'd need to use wigs in addition to changing clothes, but the bald look is a trademark. He can't move away from that.

I'm looking forward to the game, but I'm disappointed it won't be out until 2012. It's been a long time since Blood Money was released. Considering the long time between releases, I hope this game is a little bit longer than Blood Money.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 02:48 PM   #9
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 10:31 AM   #10
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Of course in reality he'd need to use wigs in addition to changing clothes, but the bald look is a trademark. He can't move away from that.
I think wigs would be a funny addition, the game is so good that hairs would not break it imo and noone would force a player to use it. Finishing it bald could be an achievement and much harder, no hair and a tatoo would make you more recognizable with every mission or sth.

Anyway I have a bad feelings about that part where "new to the Hitman world" are mentioned, still remember SC Conviction.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011, 08:23 PM   #11
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wigs would be annoying. It would just be an extra thing to do with no real gameplay value. Kinda like the obligatory healing minigame in MGS3...
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011, 08:28 PM   #12
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wig would be annoying, the only way I wouldn't mind them is if they get put on automatically with certain outfits.
Old May 15, 2011, 10:53 PM   #13
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Been playing Blood Money again this past week, going for SA on most/all missions.

I hope they keep it just as open, or make it even moreso. I love the fact that I can be a psychopathic killer and "get away" with it. In the Mardi Gras level earlier today I got frustrated and gunned down a chef yelling at me and two witnesses that saw me do it. 0 witnesses = 0 notoriety.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:40 PM   #14
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWf3d...layer_embedded

16 minute demo.
I think it's the E3 level.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:46 PM   #15
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
This is my only hope for the future of stealth gaming now that everything else has turned into dumbed down action titles. I hope Hitman 5 lives up to the standards set by the previous games in the series. It's the last standing stealth series that has not been destroyed by corporate sell-outs.
You should try Death to Spies Moment of Truth.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:46 PM   #16
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I guess it's no longer possible to release a stealth game where the character does not have a wallhack ability.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:48 PM   #17
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I guess it's no longer possible to release a stealth game where the character does not have a wallhack ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
You should try Death to Spies Moment of Truth.
works great in 3D aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post

16 minute demo.
That looks pretty good, like the grow op too

Last edited by demo : Oct 10, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
demo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:21 PM   #18
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

that was really nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:41 PM   #19
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post

16 minute demo.
The visuals look fantastic, but the linearity worries the hell out of me. This better not be a room-by-room, cinematic game. I loved how the past Hitman titles threw you into what was essentially one sandbox level after another and made you figure out things by yourself and take your own routes, choose your own methods of completing your objective(s), and so on. The way they were designed made it feel more realistic, immersive, and unpredictable. Those games had lots of replay value, too, because you could just play a single mission in so many different ways. I hope that most of the other missions in the game are a whole lot more wide open than this.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:53 AM   #20
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

ok, so in general it looked alright. Some serious issues though, the highlighting and seeing through walls is ****ed up. Also, more ****ing colour grading

The environments looked goode though, lots of life and detail. Definitely looked like console anti aliasing though, i hope it has more fidelity on PC!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:15 AM   #21
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I may have misjudged this game from previous vids, though it still doesn't feel right with a different voice actor...
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:51 AM   #22
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wow that was pretty cinematic. Even the music sounds like something I've heard before, inception maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:04 AM   #23
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

the music sounds like battlefeild 3.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:56 AM   #24
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks nice and all, but I don't like the level. Play that without the pre-determined 'I need to go here, wait two seconds, jump up here, wait two seconds..' route mapped out for you and it'd all go to **** very quickly.
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:38 AM   #25
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

Good demo, I'm pretty sure the music is the same from Inception.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:58 AM   #26
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
The visuals look fantastic, but the linearity worries the hell out of me. This better not be a room-by-room, cinematic game. I loved how the past Hitman titles threw you into what was essentially one sandbox level after another and made you figure out things by yourself and take your own routes, choose your own methods of completing your objective(s), and so on. The way they were designed made it feel more realistic, immersive, and unpredictable. Those games had lots of replay value, too, because you could just play a single mission in so many different ways. I hope that most of the other missions in the game are a whole lot more wide open than this.
Agreed with Chubz. And for crying out loud... eagle vision? In a Hitman game? Come oooooooon (yeah I know that IO Interactive added it for the newcomers but again... come oooooooon)
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:06 AM   #27
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

IMO this just shows what is wrong with games today "lets make it easy for the masses", the gameplay was totally scripted, the AI was conveniently placed still and with the back for the player to make them easy to take down, this destroy all the fun in coming up with your on way and tricks to approx a moving/still victim, you killed a cop near another in a way that would make a bunch of noise and the other cop just 3 meters above was not alerted, was in its turn killed in the same way and the rest of the cops were just oblivious to what add just happened, i stooped the video here...
And the wall hack showing the exact place and path of the NPC's just made me frown, give some challenge for the player for god sake, do not take it by the hand!

Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio

Last edited by Argoon1981 : Oct 11, 2011 at 07:09 AM.
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:54 AM   #28
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

So this game is fail on launch?
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:35 PM   #29
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaquada View Post
So this game is fail on launch?
No, it will probably sell more copies than all of the old games did combined.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:50 PM   #30
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
Looks nice and all, but I don't like the level. Play that without the pre-determined 'I need to go here, wait two seconds, jump up here, wait two seconds..' route mapped out for you and it'd all go to **** very quickly.
Was just one play through. Probably tons of other ways to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2 View Post
Agreed with Chubz. And for crying out loud... eagle vision? In a Hitman game? Come oooooooon (yeah I know that IO Interactive added it for the newcomers but again... come oooooooon)
Hopefully there will be a difficulty setting without it.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote