Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General News News as it appears on the frontpage of Rage3D.com

"

Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

AMD AMD Mjolnir I Driver Updated - 11.4 Early Preview RC2 for March 23 Now Available

AMD's Mjolnir I project drivers have been updated, a new RC2 build for all you lucky Windows 7 AMD Radeon HD 6990 users:

Click the Catalyst logo to download now!

Thanks to long-time forum member rflair for the heads up!
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:41 AM   #2
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan is still being judged by the masses

The officially updated 11.4 Preview will be released early next week according to CatalystCreator.
Antec P180 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | Intel i5-3570K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | ASUS GTX 770 DCU-II OC | SyncMaster 2433BW 1920X1200 | Razer Lachesis | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 8.1 Professional

Google Nexus 4 | franco.Kernel
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:29 AM   #3
SantiagoDraco
Radeon 7970

SantiagoDraco is still being judged by the masses

Ah, if only I could get anything since 10.x to work I'd be happy. So far all the 11.x builds have been bad news. Screen flickering, CCC2 failing to load/display the UI, buggy HDMI audio (drop outs etc).
Zalman HD160XT HTPC | Intel SSD | Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w PSU
SantiagoDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:35 AM   #4
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Remove your overclock and retest.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Besthum

Besthum is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantiagoDraco View Post
Ah, if only I could get anything since 10.x to work I'd be happy. So far all the 11.x builds have been bad news. Screen flickering, CCC2 failing to load/display the UI, buggy HDMI audio (drop outs etc).
I have same problem as you. And i dont understand why do i need to remove my overclock to install bad drivers?
Besthum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:47 PM   #6
caveman-jim
Retired

You don't. You need to remove your overclock to determine it's not a system stability issue, right now. Overclocked means you verified it as being stable, and most people don't do the same stability and performance testing that the guys who make the hardware do, to verify correct operation at a certain speed. So it's possible that a beta driver can find a flaw in your system operation. Both could be a problem. Just one could be a problem. You don't know, because you haven't verified when it work and when it doesn't.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:52 PM   #7
Besthum

Besthum is still being judged by the masses

Its not just beta driver. I have this problem since 10.12 driver. I have no problem at all with 10.10e and any previous i tried. But since 10.12 they introduced something which doesnt work properly for me. Same as the guy above - flickering, 99% GPU usage after game is closed etc. Not only i have this problem
http://www.overclock.net/ati/930142-...-idle-any.html
I think 4 months passed since we got this and nothings changed which is very sad.
Besthum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:45 PM   #8
SantiagoDraco
Radeon 7970

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
Remove your overclock and retest.
Let me fix that statement for you.

"Try removing your overclock, if you have it, and see if it helps."

While I appreciate the advice, I don't have my cards overclocked number 1) and number 2) I don't see how an overclock will help with a .net coding issue with the CCC2 ui It may help with the flicker, IF I had the cards overclocked, which I don't. So back to square one.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:48 PM   #9
SantiagoDraco
Radeon 7970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besthum View Post
Its not just beta driver. I have this problem since 10.12 driver. I have no problem at all with 10.10e and any previous i tried. But since 10.12 they introduced something which doesnt work properly for me. Same as the guy above - flickering, 99% GPU usage after game is closed etc. Not only i have this problem
http://www.overclock.net/ati/930142-...-idle-any.html
I think 4 months passed since we got this and nothings changed which is very sad.
I think we are wasting our breath.

Oh but maybe if you reboot your system three times while standing on your toes and howling at the moon. You don't know if it will work unless you try it...

Like you I've had to go back to 10.11 drivers which are stable.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:49 PM   #10
caveman-jim
Retired

Your system is overclocked. Remove the overclock. It is more likely your overclock is unstable than you have identified a .net coding issue with CCC2 UI, don't you think? I'm sure you have extensive .net programming and debugging experience, hence your analysis of it being a fundamental problem with the code instead of your system running so far from specification, right?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:56 AM   #11
self_slaughter

self_slaughter is still being judged by the masses

I've had my system hard lock on me twice now since trying the march 23 version of the drivers... once during bad company 2 and another time just browsing the web. (IE9)

Gone back to the march 7 drivers again until amd officially release a new preview version.

edit: running 6870 crossfire, haven't had one problem in the two weeks of running the march 7 verison.

Last edited by self_slaughter : Mar 25, 2011 at 05:01 AM.
self_slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote