Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Jan 16, 2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Downgrading from 2 bedroom apartment to studio apartment?

So I'm finally read to leave this 2 bedroom apartment that I had gotten because I was expecting to be a family man. I'm paying $1200 a month including utilities. I actually got a really sweet deal on the place for some reason. But I feel like now that its just me, I'm spending wayyy too much. I can get a studio apartment for $650 including utilities.

However, I already have lots of furniture and I'm used to having everything in seperate rooms and just having a big place to myself. Also, I really like my furniture and don't want to get rid of it... I could probably get close to what I paid for it considering that I got it from a good connect and didn't pay nearly what it goes for retail to begin with. But still, I like it...

Living in a studio apt is appealing to me because I can save $550 a month. Also, the studio is much closer to my work than the apartment would be, so I'd save about $90 a month in gas too.

BTW, the studio includes private parking. At my apt, I have to park on the street.

I just think its kinda sad to sleep in my living room. What say you guys?
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Dave
King of Manchesville

Dave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

i'd say to saving a total of $640 a month is worth it.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 05:03 PM   #3
dreamwalker
friendly?

dreamwalker can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydreamwalker can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydreamwalker can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Depends.. Do you entertain a lot?

I'll take a stab and say probably not, so go for the studio.
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 16, 2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nope, I don't entertain much. Ok guys. I'm down.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 06:19 PM   #5
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

yeah for that amount of savings and shorter commute i would go for it as well, if i was single and didnt entertain much, who cares, you are better of saving that extra cash for a while for when the time comes to be a family man

Toshiba Qosmio i7 3630qm/12gb ddr3/GTX670m/256gb Crucial M4
wangFu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 07:23 PM   #6
sandorski
Rage3D Veteran

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Get a couple of these and overclock it.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 07:31 PM   #7
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Do it.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 4770K : 16GB Gskill DDR3 2133 : Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB : Asrock Z87E-ITX : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Crucial m4 256GB and Samsung 840 240GB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Achieva Shimian QH270 27" LED monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64
Laptop: Acer Travelmate Timeline 8172 : Intel Core i5 470UM : 4GB DDR3 1066 : Intel HD Integrated : Intel HM55 Chipset :
120GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD : 40W Power brick and 6 cell battery : Conexant HD Audio : 11.6" LCD : Windows 7 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600
: Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 07:40 PM   #8
DigitalDemon
Birth CTRL+Z

DigitalDemon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDigitalDemon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDigitalDemon can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I hope you like throwing away or selling most of your stuff.

What is left or whatever you want to keep? You better have liked playing with legos when you were a kid, cause that's what life in your studio is gonna be like
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 07:42 PM   #9
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete strangerA2597 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
So I'm finally read to leave this 2 bedroom apartment that I had gotten because I was expecting to be a family man. I'm paying $1200 a month including utilities. I actually got a really sweet deal on the place for some reason. But I feel like now that its just me, I'm spending wayyy too much. I can get a studio apartment for $650 including utilities.

However, I already have lots of furniture and I'm used to having everything in seperate rooms and just having a big place to myself. Also, I really like my furniture and don't want to get rid of it... I could probably get close to what I paid for it considering that I got it from a good connect and didn't pay nearly what it goes for retail to begin with. But still, I like it...

Living in a studio apt is appealing to me because I can save $550 a month. Also, the studio is much closer to my work than the apartment would be, so I'd save about $90 a month in gas too.

BTW, the studio includes private parking. At my apt, I have to park on the street.

I just think its kinda sad to sleep in my living room. What say you guys?
I lived in a studio style apartment for awhile in college. You arrange the furniture into spaces, and it pretty much kicks ass.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 07:58 PM   #10
DorXtar
they're real

DorXtar is still being judged by the masses

What happen to white girl? No more?
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:26 PM   #11
wabbitslayer
Public Offender

wabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
now that its just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar View Post
What happen to white girl? No more?
wasn't she preggers?

baby mama drama is always much more interesting than real estate issues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:27 PM   #12
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

The white girl is still around (she was not the preggers one). But we're nowhere near moving in together yet.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:33 PM   #13
wabbitslayer
Public Offender

wabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channel

then i'd say i'd sleep in my bathroom to save $550 per month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 09:28 PM   #14
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Nvm, saw the $650 one and its one room and a bathroom pretty much. Pass. Gonna check out a large studio tomorrow at $850. Its a 5 minute walk from the office
Old Jan 16, 2011, 09:43 PM   #15
ZeeM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ZeeM is still being judged by the masses

I say you move to that studio to save those 550$/month and send them to me, I assure you they will be invested wisely (hookers).
Some cool info: Tibeten monks, after twenty years or so of practise in the Himalaya, control their brain stem - they can control their heart beat, blood pressure etc. After thirty years they can connect to the internet purely by meditation, setting TCP stacks in their neurons and stuff. Right now I am chatting with a monk who is sitting naked in an ice storm on his towel, his only possesion. He's using ipv6.
ZeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:30 PM   #16
Dave
King of Manchesville

Dave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

btw my advice posted earlier in this thread comes at a cost of $550
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:45 PM   #17
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeM View Post
I say you move to that studio to save those 550$/month and send them to me, I assure you they will be invested wisely (hookers).
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:48 PM   #18
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

I already have a buyer for my furniture and I won't lose almost anything
Old Jan 16, 2011, 11:53 PM   #19
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I was gonna say get a roomie with "benefits"

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:05 AM   #20
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTreeckcold57 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTreeckcold57 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Nvm, saw the $650 one and its one room and a bathroom pretty much. Pass. Gonna check out a large studio tomorrow at $850. Its a 5 minute walk from the office
Great, your co-workers might watch you fapping through the windows...

Treeckcold57 F@H stat
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:06 AM   #21
Tyler582
Rage3D Veteran

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

Get a house! 1200 a month would probably go pretty far against a mortgage.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:53 AM   #22
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

may i come?
erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:57 AM   #23
DorXtar
they're real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler582 View Post
A house in New York? You sir, you jest.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:07 AM   #24
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialGravY is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Save the money..
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:23 PM   #25
Razeus
Rage3D Spammer

Razeus doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRazeus doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRazeus doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRazeus doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRazeus doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRazeus doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRazeus doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRazeus doesn't need no stinkin' badges

What happened to your Rican woman?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:39 PM   #26
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges_TiTaNiuM doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler582 View Post
Not where he lives.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:40 PM   #27
lumpyhed
nyannyannyannyan

lumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete stranger

Think of all those shoes you could buy...
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:43 PM   #28
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
Think of all those shoes you could buy...
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:46 PM   #29
Hidavi
Beep Boop Beep

Yeah, two pairs

Lol, jk. I'm just saving money just to do it at this point. I don't really want anything.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:49 PM   #30
DorXtar
they're real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
What happened to your Rican woman?
You're out of it mang. It's been discussed to death already. I think it's safe to say we don't need to revisit that anymore than it's already been done.

-RFtinkerer