Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"

Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Razer Switchblade 7" gaming concept

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/r...ows-our-minds/

This actually looks pretty amazing. The keys are LCD keys that you can set whatever function to. Portable, powerful gaming?

Didn't post it in the other CES thread because it's not Android.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:55 AM   #2
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

just saw this too, looks cool.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:08 PM   #3
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Neat concept, except for

Internally, the concept is based around an Intel Atom processor, but there's no word on what kind of GPU would work alongside of it

Atom fail.

Now, if they had a version of it running a Sandy Bridge processor with some kind of discrete graphics option, they'd be on to something.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Elysian once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
Neat concept, except for

Internally, the concept is based around an Intel Atom processor, but there's no word on what kind of GPU would work alongside of it

Atom fail.

Now, if they had a version of it running a Sandy Bridge processor with some kind of discrete graphics option, they'd be on to something.
I'm assuming it's going to have some kind of GPU, perhaps it won't be as fail as you think? If it's a dual core Atom it could be a pretty decent little machine. I like the concept.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 01:29 PM   #5
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The concept is great however with it's primary competition being something like the Alienware M11 it's gonna be hard to find a good place for it. The M11 can run current games and pretty damn well also has all the other various goodies a netbook should have.

This seems more like it's aimed at DS/iPad&iPhone/Android/WM7 than it is being a gaming netbook. If Razer was smart they'd find a way to toss Android on it and market it as a beefy better than a tablet but not quite a laptop.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 02:13 PM   #6
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:47 PM   #7
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Sasquach once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
isnt that Atom 2.0?
aka atom not-suck edition (which means it still sucks but not atom suck?)
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Samsung Syncmaster 205BW (21" widescreen) on ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 11.1a)
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Logitech Z-5300 THX 5.1 surround and Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
---AMD Dragon+ Platform---
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:56 PM   #8
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
isnt that Atom 2.0?
aka atom not-suck edition (which means it still sucks but not atom suck?)
I dunno if it's Atom 2.0 or not but I could've sworn it was supposed to perform a lot better than Atom...