Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Saints Row 3 on the way

Quote:
THQ today detailed their release plans for a half-dozen games, including Red Faction Armageddon which is now planned for a May 2011 release day.

MX vs. ATV Alive is meant to hit during the spring of 2011, while Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is set for a summer 2011 release. Saints Row 3 and a new WWE game are both showing a release for fall 2011. Finally a new UFC release is slated for the winter of 2012.
http://kotaku.com/5636955/red-factio...ow-3-next-fall
Quote:
Saints Row, as a series, has always been about gangstas. The urban-oriented setting, dress options and themes felt like a direct response to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. But THQ's Danny Bilson doesn't see the Saints Row franchise as even being in competition with GTA anymore and has revealed that the upcoming third iteration is dispensing with some of its thug life focus.

We don't compete with GTA. We're differentiating even further with GTA with this one. The new Saint's Row will be less urban - it's definitely not about 'gangsta' anymore at all. And it's more fun and almost sillier and wackier and weirder than the other one.

I love GTA - especially the last one, which knocked my socks off. That's almost like a Martin Scorsese cartoon, right? We are more like the Mad Magazine version of that or something. It's colourful, it's wild, it's fun.

Only thing I'm concerned about is that there is no word on what platforms it will be released on.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:39 AM   #2
sandorski
Rage3D Veteran

sandorski is still being judged by the masses

Hopefully on PC, but also I hope Driving and Tagging are vastly improved.
sandorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 01:01 PM   #3
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

theshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete stranger

Holy **** YEAH! Saints Row 2 was hella awesome! I just hope they keep all the goode ****, and don't take out any of the mini games and customization stuff. Bit worried about the setting though! I mean if it's not urban? What then? Space Gangstas? Jungle Cats? ooo an Assassins Row? Still... Saints Row 1 and 2 are fantastic games, i am glad for a sequel. Even if the only goode thing turns out to be the story, as the two other games both had great stories. More importantly great story missions!

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:59 AM   #4
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Think it will come to all platforms. Exclusives = limited people buying = lost money!.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:04 AM   #5
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I still need to install Saints Row 2 to know how crappy it was on PC.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:19 AM   #6
CyanBlues
Rage3D Veteran

CyanBlues is still being judged by the masses

yeah it was a pretty bad pc port, hopefully 3 won't be that bad
Old Dec 19, 2010, 03:22 AM   #7
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

theshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete strangertheshadowcult once held a door open for a complete stranger

It wasn't a crappy port, it just had one really painful bug that they never bothered fixing. the port though was fine. There are also plenty of people who don't even get the performance bug.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
It wasn't a crappy port, it just had one really painful bug that they never bothered fixing. the port though was fine. There are also plenty of people who don't even get the performance bug.
I'll agree that it certainly is one painful bug and that the game(SR2) is outstandingly awesome, much better than GTA4 gameplay wise IMO. But I have not met or heard from a single person that has been able to run this game butter smooth with zero hitches or stutters.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:41 AM   #9
OverclockN'
Rage3D Spammer

OverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete stranger

Awesome, good to hear!

I never did play Saints Row 2, but I'm hoping to soon. Been wanting it for a long time now. The first one was outstanding.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 04:27 PM   #10
TV Addict#2
Radeon HD 6950

TV Addict#2 is still being judged by the masses

SR2 is a fun one,I finished every mission
TV Addict#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:01 PM   #11
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

well this thread finally made me decide to download saints row 2. i hope it's playable despite the problems.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:33 PM   #12
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

it IS playable even with the problems, it will distract from the fun for sure, but there is really only a few missions at least where it will give problems. The biggest problem i had with the game, was the lack of people playing multiplayer... seriously, some of the best multiplayer games in any game, it's more like a party game then a third person shooter. Hell, the Game Lobby is a basketball court where you can shoot hoops while you wait!!

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:39 PM   #13
sandorski
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
well this thread finally made me decide to download saints row 2. i hope it's playable despite the problems.
The biggest issue I had was Driving. You just need to be quick and light on the controls, otherwise you'll be all over the place.

Forget about Tagging, it's just annoying and a complete waste of time IMO. Paint too much outside or inside the lines and you fail, quit Painting(other than shaking the Can) and you fail, in the meantime carloads of Enemies keep arriving shooting you in the back. A monkey could have come up with a better idea than this.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 07:02 PM   #14
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

I never once had any trouble with Tagging, and i think gangs only ever turned up the first time i did it, because i was going slow, and already had the game up high on the kill'o'meter. The trick is to figure out how much you actually can go outside the lines, and to know you don't have to paint the whole thing, only about 75%. Once you get the knack, it takes seconds and you will never fail

Hmm, one thing i hope they change in SR3 though, needing to do mini games to get enough rep to play missions. Works really well the first time, because the mini games are new, but on repeated play throughs, it is really frustrating

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 07:31 PM   #15
sandorski
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
I never once had any trouble with Tagging, and i think gangs only ever turned up the first time i did it, because i was going slow, and already had the game up high on the kill'o'meter. The trick is to figure out how much you actually can go outside the lines, and to know you don't have to paint the whole thing, only about 75%. Once you get the knack, it takes seconds and you will never fail

Hmm, one thing i hope they change in SR3 though, needing to do mini games to get enough rep to play missions. Works really well the first time, because the mini games are new, but on repeated play throughs, it is really frustrating
It's still dumb the way they implemented it.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 09:27 PM   #16
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

Most minigames are dumb I could have been better i guess

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:36 PM   #17
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

More confirmations but again, no PC version specified.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 07:05 PM   #18
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

They had better make a PC version, Saints Row 2 rocked!!

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:46 PM   #19
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GanjaStar once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

i love saints row 2, despite the stutter. its the only game that stutters that i actually tolerated and played
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:04 PM   #20
OverclockN'
Rage3D Spammer

OverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete strangerOverclockN' once held a door open for a complete stranger

Still can't wait for this!

I made a post here saying that I never played Saints Row 2. I got it for XMas and am just about finished with it. I've completed nearly every activity in the game and just have a few Ultor missions left and it's DONE.

Absolutely awesome game. I had annoyances with it at first because the graphics were kind of crappy and the framerate/performance is god awful in a lot of places...but once I got past that I was sucked in.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:25 PM   #21
Chuck
Grim Fandango remake!

Chuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete strangerChuck once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeap, absolutely loved Saints Row 2. Also finished every single mission despite the annoying stuttering issues. Here's hoping Saints Row 3 would be just as awesome.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 09:15 AM   #22
xCLAVEx
Gone

xCLAVEx is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yeah, the performance bug that they never fixed is a real game breaker.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:31 PM   #23
Nitz Walsh
Radeon HD 7970

Nitz Walsh is still being judged by the masses

I've never heard of anyone getting decent performance with this game. Hell, since it's got a 30fps lock even that remaining solid would kind of suck, but I've never heard of anyone getting a sustained 30fps through every city and when driving.

It was a horrible port, and deserves that reputation.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:36 PM   #24
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh View Post
I've never heard of anyone getting decent performance with this game. Hell, since it's got a 30fps lock even that remaining solid would kind of suck, but I've never heard of anyone getting a sustained 30fps through every city and when driving.

A sustained 30fps isn't that hard to achieve with a 5xxx series ati gpu or a gtx4xx-5xx gpu.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:40 PM   #25
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
A sustained 30fps isn't that hard to achieve with a 5xxx series ati gpu or a gtx4xx-5xx gpu.
I'd like to hear what SR2 does on a top of line rig; major OC'ed sandy bridge with raid SSD.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:48 PM   #26
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Hmm, sr2 is a strange game, the last time I played it I had minor stuttering, can't say the same about it now, It stuttered way too much.

It must be very sensitive to hardware changes/drivers.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:03 PM   #27
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Looking forward to SR3 (if it comes to PC)
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:25 PM   #28
theshadowcult
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh View Post

Well your hearing it now, i get sustained 30fps on my current rig with AO off, on all but one area in the whole game.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Left for Dead.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 10:38 AM   #29
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I started playing Saints Row 2 and game is fine but controls suck. They are way too twitchy especially driving and I keep banging cars and crap. To add to that the guy walks like a complete moron and jerks whilst running (game doesn't it is just the guy's walk). I have great performance though, pegged at 60fps. Is there any fix to the twitchy controls?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 01:17 PM   #30
OverclockN'
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I started playing Saints Row 2 and game is fine but controls suck. They are way too twitchy especially driving and I keep banging cars and crap. To add to that the guy walks like a complete moron and jerks whilst running (game doesn't it is just the guy's walk). I have great performance though, pegged at 60fps. Is there any fix to the twitchy controls?
The console game is like that too, but you actually get use to it after a while. Once I did, I had no issues. His walk is just part of the gangster style of the game...just how it is. You can actually change the way he walks, but I thought the other options were even worse.

I just did my usual and decked my guy out in a nice suit and fedora and made him look like a 30's gangster/mob guy. It doesn't exactly fit in with what's going on around you, but I like my guy to have a touch of class when he's doing his killing. It's just how I roll!