Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

"

Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird sings

Default Samsung Galaxy Tab

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/02/s...y-tab-preview/
  • Android 2.2 running TouchWiz 3.0
  • 7-inch TFT LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution (WSVGA)
  • Weighs 380 grams
  • 1GHz Cortex A8 processor
  • 16GB or 32GB internal storage
  • microSD expansion for up to 32GB additional storage
  • Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera and rear 3 megapixel camera with flash
  • 4,000mAh battery
  • 3G data / voice (there's a speakerphone and Bluetooth for phone calls, but no earpiece)
  • 5GHz dual-band 802.11n WiFi
  • Standard back color is white, carriers might offer different colors
  • Full HD video playback
  • There's a 30-pin dock connector on the bottom that allows for HDMI, USB, and docking accessories (a car dock at least is planned)

Do want. I hope there is a WiFi only model. So far, the reviews/previews are overall quite positive.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

A bit larger, WiFi only and not too pricey, plz...
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird singsElysian knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
She said it was a good size
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:16 AM   #4
DaNdo
Rage3D Veteran

DaNdo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
+1
DaNdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:02 AM   #5
shrike126

shrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Subscriber

I haven't seen any pricing mentioned anywhere or potential release dates, but it looks like it's a pretty decent size. At 7 inches it looks to be slightly more portable than the iPad while offering almost all of the same functionality including Flash. I like that it has Amazon's Kindle functionality built-in so if you have a Kindle you read books on, you can use this and keep your collection going, even syncing between using the Kindle software on a desktop versus your Galaxy Tab. On top of that it still browses the web, offers Android Market and pretty much acts like a scaled up Galaxy S phone.

I REALLY want to play with one and see what it's like. But I already am pretty sure this will be a "must buy" for me.

Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:06 AM   #6
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I haven't seen any pricing mentioned anywhere or potential release dates, but it looks like it's a pretty decent size. At 7 inches it looks to be slightly more portable than the iPad while offering almost all of the same functionality including Flash. I like that it has Amazon's Kindle functionality built-in so if you have a Kindle you read books on, you can use this and keep your collection going, even syncing between using the Kindle software on a desktop versus your Galaxy Tab. On top of that it still browses the web, offers Android Market and pretty much acts like a scaled up Galaxy S phone.

I REALLY want to play with one and see what it's like. But I already am pretty sure this will be a "must buy" for me.

I'm really feeling it's a must buy as well. While I like the smaller form factor of phones, I'd love something like this that's bigger but not too big.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:20 AM   #7
shrike126

shrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesshrike126 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Subscriber

The biggest things I'd want out of something like this is the eReader capability, with the Android Market apps and web browsing as bonus features. Sitting on the sofa, pulling up the occasional Youtube video or surfing the web, then going back to reading a book, sounds like it will be the perfect device.

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:46 PM   #8
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTreeckcold57 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
The biggest things I'd want out of something like this is the eReader capability, with the Android Market apps and web browsing as bonus features. Sitting on the sofa, pulling up the occasional Youtube video or surfing the web, then going back to reading a book, sounds like it will be the perfect device.

10000x +

It looks superb!
ATI Mobility X1600 256MB
Hitachi 80GB 5400RPM
Windows XP Pro

Treeckcold57 F@H stat
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 01:19 PM   #9
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

That's why I'll buy some sort of Android tablet
Old Sep 2, 2010, 02:02 PM   #10
DaNdo
Rage3D Veteran

DaNdo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

same here. i really don't give a crap about 3G, 2 cameras, big memory, etc.
DaNdo is offline   Reply With Quote