Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:08 PM   #601
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

umm, yeah, i was not contradicting your post, i simply meant i think a couple of those latest shots look fantastic.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:16 PM   #602
gionight
Radeon R420

gionight is still being judged by the masses

Here are some fresh screenies, you need to resize them !!!

THIS SCREENSHOTS FROM STOCK 0.82 ENB SET TWEAKED BY ME .
I have to write this for those who think that every gta4 ENB mod is ice ones.
IT'S NOT icenhencer!!!

Last edited by gionight : Aug 25, 2011 at 08:10 PM.
gionight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:18 PM   #603
gionight
Radeon R420

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:24 PM   #604
gionight
Radeon R420

Last edited by gionight : Aug 25, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:27 PM   #605
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I've been replaying Grand Theft Auto 4: Ballad of Gay Tony in the past few days. At the same time, I spent some time with Grand Theft Auto 3 (again) a few weeks ago. And I've been watching Jason Statham movies (Crank, Crank 2, Transporter 1, 2, 3, Snatch).

And you know what? GTA4 is far too slow, cars handle like crap and the character moves far too clunky. GTA3 was a lot more fluent, a lot quicker, a perfectly fine camera compared to the "do it yourself" GTA4 camera... My wish list for the next GTA is simple. Leave the serious emo stuff to other series, and make the next GTA a Statham-like over-the-top action fest with explosions, guns blazing, swearing and general asskicking.

(For the record, I love GTA4 and the two expansions, played them a ton on Xbox 360, but the inspiration of Statham and GTA3 sounds more appealing to me than an even more realistic GTA5.)
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:08 PM   #606
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Yeap, these new screenies in this page are mind-blowing
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2011, 06:04 PM   #607
gionight
Radeon R420

john2>>>>
Thank you John, glad that you like it .

Last edited by gionight : Aug 28, 2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:10 PM   #608
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

Hey guys. I have the Steam version of GTAIV. Could someone just give me a brief rundown on what files I need to make the game look like this? I noticed that Gionights's Best ENB Final mod that someone linked to doesn't work with the latest patch. Does this mean u cannot use it with steam? I'm interested in the FXAA option that mod has. Would love to get some AA going on this game and maintain FPS if someone has recommendations for that too. My specs are in sig. I run all settings maxed and generally stay at 60fps.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:58 AM   #609
gionight
Radeon R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler582 View Post
Hey guys. I have the Steam version of GTAIV. Could someone just give me a brief rundown on what files I need to make the game look like this? I noticed that Gionights's Best ENB Final mod that someone linked to doesn't work with the latest patch. Does this mean u cannot use it with steam? I'm interested in the FXAA option that mod has. Would love to get some AA going on this game and maintain FPS if someone has recommendations for that too. My specs are in sig. I run all settings maxed and generally stay at 60fps.
You can downgrade your steam version just fine, here is a tutorial how to do it
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...22&postcount=4
And you can easily play with in ENB AA aka SupeSampling, FXAA looks like **** compared to SSAA, you must read READ-ME.txt very attentive and you will install it in 10 min maximum . I have updated my set today it's 100% the same which was used to make this screenshots and it's very playable if your PC is powerful enough

Don't forget to download it again from here http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/gionig...nb-final-f9889
Good Luck

EDIT:
The only textures I am using are, road HD texture( which you must install with my set) by DKT70 (92mb) and VIVA New York Mod(82mb) which only changes billboards at the Time Square. Don't download that big texture packs from 4 to 7 gb they are worthless .

EDITED AGAIN:
jimjobob>>>>
Quote:
blurs the hell out of it

It's cause of effect.txt it has FXAA included, delete this file and you will be able to use SSAA but it still will be way slower than my ENB cos of ICE's enbeffect.fx and Skylighting turned on also much more heavy SSAO which also turned on by default and it won't work with SSAO at night time anyway . In the end it's pointless if you are using ICE"s set, leave it with FXAA you have no choice .

somewon>>>>
Thank you my friend

Mrpleeb>>>>
Sorry to tell you but it won't work with one or another and with 1.0.7.0 patch also, any ENB mod works the best with 1.0.4.0 version.

Last edited by gionight : Aug 30, 2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:32 AM   #610
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

Thanks dude. I was also wondering which texture packs you are using in those screens. I assume the best way to get them is via torrent?
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:54 PM   #611
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gionight View Post
And you can easily play with in ENB AA aka SupeSampling, FXAA looks like **** compared to SSAA.
I have tried several times to use the enb aa and somewhere along the line the dounsampeling of the higher res image just blurs the hell out of it.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:37 PM   #612
Mrpleeb
Radeon R700

Mrpleeb is still being judged by the masses

does the mod work with ballad of gay tony and the lost and the dammned? {iceenhancer 1.25 mod}
Mrpleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:08 AM   #613
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

gionight,

Breathtaking screenshots as always!
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 04:46 AM   #614
911 Turbo

911 Turbo is still being judged by the masses

hi gionight, I registered as to thank you for your mod now
the setting work as well as I have to do almost no adjustment.

I register to tell you more that your settings will be perfect if the glass of buildings and it's reflection can be like this one, any idea about which part needed to be used or adjusted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFY9XeoFiIo
911 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:16 AM   #615
911 Turbo

Talking

hi gionight, I registered just to say thank for your enb setting pack, it looks real and works well on my pc too.

1 more thing to make your setting perfect, is to use building texture and building' glass reflection like this guy's video (fonia5).

Quote:

if you're just happy with what you've got now, then help us to get those building/shops refllection. which mod/setting is needed?

tks buddy,
Old Sep 1, 2011, 02:21 AM   #616
gionight
Radeon R420

Another bunch of pics
Do not forget to resize this screenshots
Edite:
911 Turbo>>>
Answered via PM.

Last edited by gionight : Sep 2, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 02:42 AM   #617
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I want to use ur mod, but I dont want to have to go through the trouble of downgrading.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:13 AM   #618
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

@gionight please tell me how to get that VIP CLS car....
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:34 AM   #619
911 Turbo

sh****t, gionight, I am crazy of the above pics, man. you made me can't sleep with the idea of upgrading my PC, ~ $1500, my friend

the Porsche, the paint, the rim,... f****cking damn real...........
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:43 AM   #620
911 Turbo

@gionight, I used the setting 18.6 & got some problem, could you help me out:
- some mod car (like all Lambo,...), I see head & foot of driver (niko & ped) outside the roof+floor of car, which file needed to be fix?
- also mod car (BWM) can easily up side down which 1 turn at low speed.

Previous ENB have no such problem. with your ENB, problem occurs with improper replacement of original cars?
tks.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 05:05 PM   #621
gionight
Radeon R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 Turbo View Post
@gionight, I used the setting 18.6 & got some problem, could you help me out:
- some mod car (like all Lambo,...), I see head & foot of driver (niko & ped) outside the roof+floor of car, which file needed to be fix?
- also mod car (BWM) can easily up side down which 1 turn at low speed.

Previous ENB have no such problem. with your ENB, problem occurs with improper replacement of original cars?
tks.
Did you read your PM box? I answered on all your question via PM, there is no need to double post them here, again
ENB has nothing to do with modded cars glitches .
But I know described by you glitch , it's cosed by "vehicles.idi" file in common/data folder, next time copy/past the exact values from modcar's read.me files .
Glade to see you enjoy the latest pics and Yeah it's really worth every pany that I spent on my PC , cos there is not much games that pushes graphics quality to this level of realism.
Cheers

Last edited by gionight : Sep 3, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:53 PM   #622
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

gionight I installed using your instructions but I'm having some issues, can you help me out?

When I try and use SSAA all the animated loading screens are massive.

also no matter what I do I can't seem to get the HUD and menu to show up, once the game loads I can't see any menu options, I can load the game OK but the first cut scene is completely black and once in the car everything looks OK except the HUD is not there, it sometimes flickers on, but for the most part it isn't there...

Also, since GFWL has been circumvented, how do I use my old saves?

I'm on the steam version, followed the link you posted to downgrade (but I can't see the version number in game because of the problem mentioned above).

TIA!

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:35 AM   #623
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

@gionight, thank you, you have my everlasting thanks for your enb and the vip car
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:53 AM   #624
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Has anyone tried gionight's mod in 3d vision? Does it work?
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:15 AM   #625
911 Turbo

gionight, the lightsprite of the car light of your enb looks not real, not perfect. the reality is that must have RAY. if you care, I will discuss more.

one more thing, you can max your mod car to what km/h? if can not reach 288km/h, then your package has a problem. with previous ENB, I don't have problem of niko head & foot out of the car's roof & floor, and can reach 288. (however I can fix now , as I said, absolutely not because of the vehicle file, maybe the shaders).

could you give me link of your above cars, I get from gtainside but look not as real as yours. tks.

PS: my post always NOT show up here immediately, only after 1 day or more, that's why I made double post or pm.

Last edited by 911 Turbo : Sep 8, 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:08 AM   #626
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

I have a day off Friday and I will to get the to the bottom of this to get it working. It's looks awesome.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:41 AM   #627
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Installed erything and things are working, but everything is overbright, esp. indoors.
I will take a look at the settings now, which is responsible for the overbright lights.

Other then this and along with the improved textures it's looking awesome

Last edited by Skinner : Sep 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 05:17 PM   #628
gionight
Radeon R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
Installed erything and things are working, but everything is overbright, esp. indoors.
I will take a look at the settings now, which is responsible for the overbright lights.

Other then this and along with the improved textures it's looking awesome
There is no way it works correctly on your PC , did you see overbright in my screenshots? let me guess Hmm, No .
Make everything like I wrote in readme file, and there will be no need to touch any settings in ENB.
Quote:
everything is overbright, esp. indoors.
esp, Indoors definitely something gone wrong .

Deimos>>>
You also need to follow instructions from Read-Me.txt to make it work , it's very Very easy to correctly install any ENB mod on 1.0.4.0 version, Yeah I know on steam version it's pain in the ass,
but it also possible and that whats matters . Ones you install it (just copy/past job) there will be no need to touch anything.
Good Luck guys I hope you figured out how to install it right .

BTW This ENB was updated 9/9/11 if you want the latest version, you know where to find it.

Last edited by gionight : Sep 9, 2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 06:33 PM   #629
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Quote:
There is no way it works correctly on your PC , did you see overbright in my screenshots? let me guess Hmm, No .
Make everything like I wrote in readme file, and there will be no need to touch any settings in ENB.

esp, Indoors definitely something gone wrong .
Is it really necessary to anwser this way? Offcourse I saw your screenshots.
And offcourse I need to change some settings, at first in the enb ini. your reference for downsampling is towards an other screen size then mine.
And secondary I might have some other preferences.

But to get ontopic, I might have some traces left from an earlier "Visualmod" which could conflict somewhere.

This how its looks indoor right now:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll check your readme again, for the fact I missed something.

Last edited by Skinner : Sep 9, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 08:32 PM   #630
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
Is it really necessary to anwser this way? Offcourse I saw your screenshots.
And offcourse I need to change some settings, at first in the enb ini. your reference for downsampling is towards an other screen size then mine.
And secondary I might have some other preferences.

But to get ontopic, I might have some traces left from an earlier "Visualmod" which could conflict somewhere.

This how its looks indoor right now:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll check your readme again, for the fact I missed something.
rage-post.fx is likely the file difference between yours and his. in shaders. that file with the wrong timecyc.dat(spelling?) will do that.

Last edited by jimjobob : Sep 9, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote