Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

"

Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kande

kande is still being judged by the masses

Default 4350HD no video, sound only Win 7 Media Center & Player

In Windows 7 Media Center and Media Player 12 DVD replay gives only sound - no video image (blank or sometimes a single vertical red line). This also happens trying to watch Live TV in Media Center (Hauppauge Nova-TD USB stick).
Everything works in all other software tried - PowerDVD, Nero Showtime etc. Also, the TV software provided by the manufacturer works OK.
I have tried adding a variety of codecs but nothing works (not really sure what I'm doing here). I have tried the latest ATI driver (9.10) as well as the Microsoft version that is available with Windows 7. I have updated the video BIOS from F1 to F2. None of these change anything.
I am currently using a workround. I use the motherboard graphics (Nvidia Geoforce 6100) and it works fine.
I feel that the problem is to do with the hardware as alternative hardware works (onboard graphics) and different drivers give the same result.
Graphics: GV-R435OC-512I
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-M61VME-S2
Memory: 4GB
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 4200+
Any suggestions?
Keith Hutchinson

Last edited by kande : Nov 12, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
kande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 08:30 PM   #2
kn00tcn
zero-zero

kn00tcn is still being judged by the masses

can you change the output mode in the player? (maybe something instead of overlay if it's set to that)
OpenGL startup crash fix #1 / fix #2 (for < radeon 6000 cards?)
better crossfire for Section8 Prejudice, Hydrophobia, UDK
kn00tcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 07:04 AM   #3
kande

Default Can't spot how to do that

Thanks for your reply.
I can't find the option in WMP12. I've worked through all of the Options tabs.
Sorry, I'm a novice in the whole video area.
Kande
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 15, 2009, 01:15 PM   #4
Dyre Straits
Rage3D Veteran

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Quite often, if the new WMPlayer does not function properly, I've found that the Classic Media Player will work. You can check for downloads at Microsoft Downloads for it.

Also, I much prefer DivX anyway over Windows Media Player. You can get the free version here:

http://www.divx.com/en/products/software/windows/divx

In some cases, just installing DivX has taken care of problems with WMP as it installs codecs needed.

Good luck!
~Windows 7 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Windows 7 Pro x64~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 03:23 PM   #5
kande

Thanks Dyre Straits
I'll give DivX a try although I do have other software which plays DVDs OK. My hope was to be able to use Windows Media Center for both TV and DVDs and I am assuming that there some kind of link between the two which would mean if I fixed the player then the media center would also be fixed.
I hope that DivX may also provide a solution from what you've said.
Kande
Old Nov 16, 2009, 09:41 AM   #6
kande

Installed and tried DivX but all is the same as before i.e. audio but no video on DVD playback and TV. The DVDs do play as normal in the DivX player as with other software.
I also tried downloading a trial copy of PowerCinema for the TV side in particular. After tuning in, I got a green screen on all TV channels although audio was OK.