Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:11 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dyre Straits
Rage3D Veteran

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Default Syberia on Windows 7 x64

I've been just tinkering a bit tonight and have gotten hooked once again on the gorgeous atmosphere of this 'now-ancient' adventure game. I loved it when it first came out and am falling in love with it again.

I installed it from the original CDs [there are 2 of them] but had trouble getting the game to start at all. I got a "....remove and re-insert the CD...." message time and again.

I did also get the official patches for the game and still got the CD error.

But, once I got the NoCD crack, and got that in place, the game has been running flawlessly for several hours now.

And, it looks great still! AND, on my widescreen LCD, too.

I'll see if there's any tinkering that can be done with the game's .ini file to increase resolution. But, even at 800x600 it's quite dazzling.
[EDIT: I don't see any graphics configuration that allows any resolution increases. If anyone knows of a mod that works, I'd be delighted to hear about it.]

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Windows 7 Pro x64~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)

Last edited by Dyre Straits : Oct 13, 2009 at 07:16 AM.
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:04 AM   #2
Argoon1981
Rage3D Veteran

Argoon1981 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArgoon1981 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yes Syberia is the only adventure game that i loved to play, i played the two games the story the setting the pace and the puzzles are just fantastic. Microids is trying to make Syberia 3.

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:14 AM   #3
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Pirate Neilsouth once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I prefer black mirror , much darker
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

Syberia is an epic adventure when you start playing it but then it gradually turns into a cheesy game. I wish the story became more sinister.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:36 AM   #5
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyre Straits View Post
[EDIT: I don't see any graphics configuration that allows any resolution increases. If anyone knows of a mod that works, I'd be delighted to hear about it.]

There is no such mod, unfortunately.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Dyre Straits
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
Yes Syberia is the only adventure game that i loved to play, i played the two games the story the setting the pace and the puzzles are just fantastic. Microids is trying to make Syberia 3.
I've seen a few announcements. Here's one synopsis:

Syberia 3, the new episode in the adventures of Kate Walker, actually allows those playing on PC and those playing on PS3 to collaborate online, thanks to a simultaneous data exchange and sharing mode on the two platforms. Syberia 3 will therefore see teams of players being formed so as to optimize their chances of reaching the end of the adventure by pooling the abilities of each of the participants. Only PS3 players who have collaborated with PC players, and vice versa, will be able to accompany Kate to the end of the adventure.

This innovative gameplay is a first in video gaming, and in particular within the "point & click” adventure segment. Microids’ ambition is to enable all players, irrespective of their gaming platform, to be able to participate collectively in the adventure so as to live the experience of collaborative gaming. This innovation will be offered for all future Microids titles and will also be included in games currently being developed at partner studios.

After having traveled throughout Europe in Syberia and Syberia 2, Kate Walker starts out on the mammoths’ trail in a world on the border between reality and imagination, where strange white birds indicate the presence of extinct mammals...

Syberia 3 takes Kate on an adventure which mixes suspense, myth, ecology and action. She crosses paths with a weird Vic McPherson who is investigating the murky business of international trafficking of ancient works of art and prehistoric ivory…

http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p37830.htm

There's a June 1, 2010 release date showing. But, that seems to be a "we really don't know when it will come out" date.
~Windows 7 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Windows 7 Pro x64~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

Quote:
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:24 PM   #7
Dyre Straits
Rage3D Veteran

UPDATE:

I just finished the game again and was able to play completely through with very, very few glitches. There was one episode -- at the Industrial Factory -- where some textures were missing. An exit and restart fixed it.

Otherwise, the game experience was just as enjoyable this time as it was a few years ago for me.

Quote: