Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Meteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled with

Default Batman : Arkham Asylum

Posting this in the PC section because that's the version I'm interested in. So here's to hoping they dont drop the ball on the PC demo this Friday.

Quote:
Sweet bat-mother of all things bat-holy! This Friday will see the release of a demo for Batman: Arkham Asylum. The demo will be offered on Xbox Live Marketplace for Xbox 360 and PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3. Err, and PC please? Apparently you can score details on how to download the PC version of the demo on the Official Site, but I can't find said details. Sad panda.

Quote:
The Batman: Arkham Asylum™ demo opens as the DARK KNIGHT and COMMISSIONER GORDON return The Joker back into confinement at ARKHAM ASYLUM. But things soon fall apart as THE JOKER gains the upper hand and springs a trap, setting Arkham Asylum’s occupants upon Batman. The demo offers gamers a taste of the fierce FreeFlow™ combat system, the cunning stealth of the Invisible Predator™ mechanic, and the feeling of becoming the WORLD’S GREATEST DETECTIVE as they navigate Arkham Asylum’s imposing Intensive Treatment facility. Players can unlock character bios, as well as get a sneak peak at some of the infamous foes that BATMAN will encounter within the cavernous and macabre confines of Arkham Asylum.

Featuring amazing graphics within an intense, immersive setting, Batman: Arkham Asylum™ exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum – Gotham City's psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies, and confront The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains, including Harley Quinn, Bane, Killer Croc and Poison Ivy, and the newly revealed Scarecrow, who have taken over the asylum.
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/49...um-Demo-Friday

Last edited by Meteor|WAR : Sep 17, 2009 at 07:33 AM.
Meteor|WAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 04:30 PM   #2
FrAg Of FuRy
Banned

FrAg Of FuRy is still being judged by the masses

I was under the impression there was no pc demo, only 360/ps3.
FrAg Of FuRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Some are predicting it will be a GFWL PC demo only.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 3, 2009, 05:42 PM   #4
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Meteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled withMeteor|WAR is not someone to be trifled with

Any sources for that info?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 05:43 PM   #5
KwameR
Radeon HD 6970

KwameR is still being judged by the masses

This is the first "beat em up" I've ever considered buying, but I'll need a demo to make that decision.
KwameR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:15 PM   #6
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

new trailer for the demo

spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:28 PM   #7
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post
I was under the impression there was no pc demo, only 360/ps3.
I was also under the same impression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:56 PM   #8
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

Only thing I really, really, really, hate from the videos they've posted is how batman walks. It's like he weights one thousand pounds looks really hard to maneuver.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:22 PM   #9
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I was also under the same impression.
All my google searches keep indicating a pc demo on Friday also. Guess we'll see . Didn't notice the system reqs listed so I'll post them.

Minimum
CPU: Intel single core 3 Ghz or AMD equivalent
Memory: XP = 1 GB, Vista = 2GB
GPU: Shader Model 3 NVidia 6600 or ATI 1300 or higher

Recommended
CPU: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Dual core)
Memory: XP = 2GB, Vista = 3GB
GPU: NVidia 7900 GT or higher
Enhanced for multi-core
Online features:
Friends
Achievements

Quote:
The demo will also allow players to unlock character bios and "get a sneak peak at some of the infamous foes that Batman will encounter within the cavernous and macabre confines of Arkham Asylum.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Aug 3, 2009 at 11:30 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:28 AM   #10
KwameR
Radeon HD 6970

KwameR is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
new trailer for the demo
Awesome trailer.....but I do wonder about the controls for PC, granted I have the 360 controller
KwameR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 06:46 PM   #11
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
All my google searches keep indicating a pc demo on Friday also. Guess we'll see . Didn't notice the system reqs listed so I'll post them.

Minimum
CPU: Intel single core 3 Ghz or AMD equivalent
Memory: XP = 1 GB, Vista = 2GB
GPU: Shader Model 3 NVidia 6600 or ATI 1300 or higher

Recommended
CPU: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Dual core)
Memory: XP = 2GB, Vista = 3GB
GPU: NVidia 7900 GT or higher
Enhanced for multi-core
Online features:
Friends
Achievements
those requirements are not bad at all... this might be a great game for the PC then.
Quote:

Last edited by nomore : Aug 4, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:23 PM   #12
Chubz
It's a strange condition.

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
those requirements are not bad at all... this might be a great game for the PC then.
Maybe this will be one of the few Batman games that doesn't suck. I remember back before Batman Begins was released and magazines such as Game Informer were writing these big articles about it, talking about how good it was supposed to be and how cool the stealth elements were and so forth. That one flopped harder than a fish out of water! The footage I've seen from Arkham Asylum looks very promising, though, compared to Begins or any of the previous titles for that matter.

I hope it will control well with mouse/keyboard, too, since some 3rd person games can feel a little strange if you aren't using a 360 gamepad.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:26 PM   #13
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

this one is not based on a movie, so it is destined to be successful.

I saw this in another forum but if you pre-order the game from amazon and use code 5OFFARKM then you get the PC version for $40.
Quote:
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:40 PM   #14
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox is still being judged by the masses

OMG, orgasmic! This game better be nothing short of outstanding.

If it isn't fun, I'm going to whine like a little girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:45 PM   #15
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
If it isn't fun, I'm going to get a sex change and be a whiny little girl.
fixed.
Quote:
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:47 PM   #16
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
fixed.
I could do that too.

Wanna pay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:52 PM   #17
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
I could do that too.

I am glad you are open-minded. that would make you sexy rather than whiny.
Quote:
Old Aug 5, 2009, 04:06 AM   #18
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwardsGanjaStar can recite pi backwards

Quote:

that would make you sexy rather than whiny.

Old Aug 5, 2009, 05:24 AM   #19
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmSundance Kid V2 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

I am glad you are open-minded. that would make you sexy rather than whiny.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 09:26 PM   #20
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Batman Arkham Asylum VIDEO PREVIEW:
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/142736...dp_080609.html

looking pretty good so far.

Henchmen Beatdown Gameplay

Harley Quinn Challenge Gameplay

Cave and Villains Gameplay
Quote:

Last edited by nomore : Aug 6, 2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:37 PM   #21
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Judging from the henchmen beatdown video they really nailed the punch/kick sound effects. Really has that comic book POW! thing going on. I think this is the Batman game I've always been waiting for.

We sure have come along way from this:

Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:38 PM   #22
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

I don't know about the PC demo but PS3 demo is already available and I am downloading it right now.
Quote:
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:47 PM   #23
FrAg Of FuRy
Banned

Batman Vengence was not about a movie and it sucked - came out for gamecube and ps2. I had really high hopes for that one.

I don't feel like d/l'ing the ps3 version, I'll wait for the pc demo to hit. They're so few and far between these days, I'll wait it out and appreciate the 1997 nostalgia of a "demo".
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:51 PM   #24
Meteor|WAR
Total bummer

Quote:
They're so few and far between these days, I'll wait it out and appreciate the 1997 nostalgia of a "demo".
That really is a shame. I used to love new demo releases of upcoming titles.

Hell, I used to call in sick for some of them.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:52 PM   #25
FrAg Of FuRy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
That really is a shame. I used to love new demo releases of upcoming titles.

Hell, I used to call in sick for some of them.
You and me both! Oh man..the good ol' days...
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:55 PM   #26
FrAg Of FuRy
Banned

Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:04 PM   #27
FrAg Of FuRy
Banned

....12 minutes to go....
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:11 PM   #28
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
....12 minutes to go....
you did good by picking the PC demo because I am downloading PS3 demo very slowly.
it is like every goddamn PS3 owner is trying to download the same thing...
Finally made it to 48%...
Quote:
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:22 PM   #29
FrAg Of FuRy
Banned

Installing now
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:39 PM   #30
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Installing now
I am at 83%
after I am done, I will download the PC demo.
Quote: