Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:25 PM   #871
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Xplode
Rage3D Veteran

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

BF3 PC will outsell MW3 PC prolly, definitely won't outsell MW3 on all platforms though
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:52 AM   #872
poohbear
Rage3D Veteran

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
Looks more like Bad Company 2.5 than a real BF3. I just hope they don't ruin it.
how so? its graphics look 10 times better, am i missing something?
2500k @ 4.4ghz @ 1.35v on Noctua NH-D14, 16GB (2x8gb) Crucial Ballistex @ CL9-9-9-24, Gigabyte Z68 UD4 B3, Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI, 240gb OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition & 2TB WD Black, Auzentech Forte 7.1, Seasonic 760wt Platinum, Corsair 300R, Win7 64
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 02:03 AM   #873
dawdler
Rage3D Veteran

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
If you chose the medic "attachment" as the assault class in bf3 you are carrying assault rifles without the grenade launcher.

Sound familiar?
BF2 had medic attachments for assault?

Fact is this: The BF3 Assault class is the BF2142 Assault class.

Last edited by dawdler : Jun 12, 2011 at 02:08 AM.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:43 AM   #874
Mangler
BUY CALL OF DUTY!

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
BF2 had medic attachments for assault?

Fact is this: The BF3 Assault class is the BF2142 Assault class.
I get it, you're simply too proud/stubborn to admit that you were wrong.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:31 AM   #875
t0adp1p3
Rage3D Veteran

t0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwardst0adp1p3 can recite pi backwards

My son gets game informer magazine and they had a poll that asked what was the best military shooter. This is a console based magazine btw, so guess who won?

DICE and BF series had more votes than COD , now that is shocking. Maybe BF3 does have a chance of beating COD after all.. I still think most PC gamers are some whiny little bitches though.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:24 AM   #876
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Mw3 will outsell bf3, since the cod franchise is more popular than the bf franchise on the consoles.
I'm thinking all 3 platforms. People have an idea of what they are getting with MW3. Furthermore, they've already initiated a Beta invite for those interested in their 'Elite' content.

You know something is wrong when people have trouble identifying what BF3 is. Take for example the argument here of what defines the medic class. I've read other posts indicating some confusion whither this is a BC3 or a real BF3 title. As well as the lowering of the threshold part.

That's why I would find it funny if MW3 outsold it when they are asking people to pay more for it. Because I don't believe many truly understand what BF3 really is at this point. I recall watching their Ustream and they asked one kid what he thought and he said it reminded him of MW/MW2 (I wasn't the only one who caught that too.)

Last edited by ECH1 : Jun 12, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:03 AM   #877
dawdler
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
I get it, you're simply too proud/stubborn to admit that you were wrong.
Lulwhat?

Have you even played BF2142? Or BF2 for that matter?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:09 AM   #878
Mangler
BUY CALL OF DUTY!

Mangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled withMangler is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Lulwhat?

Have you even played BF2142? Or BF2 for that matter?
You're the guy that refuses to admit that the medic in bf3 is more like the medic in bf2 compared to the lmg wielding death machine in bc2.

I mean, come on, the medic in bf3 has the same weapon loadout as in bf2.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:18 AM   #879
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

fight! fight! fight!
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:29 AM   #880
Drexion
Rage3D Veteran

Drexion is still being judged by the masses

Just saw this on reddit
EA and DICE are chopping Battlefield 3 into store-specific pre-order DLC. Weapons and gear are being cut out of the core game and made exclusive. Say hello to the Physical Warfare Pack and goodbye to the T88 LMG, the first of many to come.

"Players can storm the battlefield armed with powerful weapons and items only available in the Physical Warfare Pack including the Type 88 light machine gun with bipod for superior firepower and total zone control, the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor ..., and the lethal armour-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun.... Also included is day one access to the highly versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun itself.
In addition to the launch day exclusive weapons, the Physical Warfare Pack also includes the Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand digital expansion pack. Players can wage all-out war on four of the most celebrated maps from Battlefield 2, including Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and the Sharqi Peninsula, all stunningly re-created using the power of Frostbite™ 2." (Full article)

Note from BF3 senior designer:
[Proc: Intel Core i7 920@3.4][GPU: EVGA GTX760 2GB][Mem: 6GB CorsairXMS3 PC3-12800C9 DDR3][Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: Corsair TX 650W][Audio: Fiio E7+Sennheiser PC360]
[XBOX 360 Elite][Playstation 3 Slim][Madcatz TE Fightstick][Samsung 46" LED SmartTV 1080p]

Last edited by Drexion : Jun 12, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:03 PM   #881
Redshirt_X
...dammit!

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What's strange is that, at least right now, that seems to be specific to the UK. (And didn't EA or DICE say that everybody that preorders BF3 would get the map pack free? I'm honestly more worried about the maps than the weapons, though assuming they'd pull a BC2 LE probably should have been a given at some point.)

EDIT: okay,

but apart from this and the map pack it appears that EA hasn't said boo about pre-order bonuses for anybody else, anywhere else, yet. Doesn't negate the BC2 LE comparison, yet, but I guess the UK folks get to go "first."

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.

Last edited by Redshirt_X : Jun 12, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:07 PM   #882
dawdler
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
You're the guy that refuses to admit that the medic in bf3 is more like the medic in bf2 compared to the lmg wielding death machine in bc2.

Excuse me? Where did BC2 come into the picture? I never said anything about that when talking about the medic.

BF2142 is a Battlefield game (as in not the Bad Company series) that came after BF2 but before BC2. Look it up, please.

But fine... I'll break it up into little itsy bitsy baby steps for you, in chronological order:
BF2 classes: Anti-Tank, Assault, Engineer, Medic, Sniper, Spec-Ops, Support
BF2142 classes: Assault (Medic), Engineer (Anti-Tank), Support, Recon (Sniper)
BC2 classes: Assault, Engineer (Anti-Tank), Medic (Support), Recon (Sniper)
BF3 classes, highligning the similarities: Assault (Medic), Engineer (Anti-Tank), Support, Recon (Sniper)

If you're still calling me stubborn by saying that BF3 shares its classes with BF2142 rather BF2 I might as well go have a talk with a tree, at least it gives me oxygen back.

Last edited by dawdler : Jun 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:24 PM   #883
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So wait they're trying to take main content out and force players to pay extra for DLC ****? **** that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 01:18 PM   #884
Mangler
BUY CALL OF DUTY!

Quote:
Excuse me? Where did BC2 come into the picture? I never said anything about that when talking about the medic.

BF2142 is a Battlefield game (as in not the Bad Company series) that came after BF2 but before BC2. Look it up, please.

But fine... I'll break it up into little itsy bitsy baby steps for you, in chronological order:
BF2 classes: Anti-Tank, Assault, Engineer, Medic, Sniper, Spec-Ops, Support
BF2142 classes: Assault (Medic), Engineer (Anti-Tank), Support, Recon (Sniper)
BC2 classes: Assault, Engineer (Anti-Tank), Medic (Support), Recon (Sniper)
BF3 classes, highligning the similarities: Assault (Medic), Engineer (Anti-Tank), Support, Recon (Sniper)

If you're still calling me stubborn by saying that BF3 shares its classes with BF2142 rather BF2 I might as well go have a talk with a tree, at least it gives me oxygen back.
The guy that I originally quoted talked about bc2, but I guess you missed that.

And did you miss that I said more like the medic in bf2, not like the medic in bf2?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 02:02 PM   #885
dawdler
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
And did you miss that I said more like the medic in bf2, not like the medic in bf2?
I... dont really follow your logic, I must say.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 02:18 PM   #886
Ninja6.
Banned

Ninja6. is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
The guy that I originally quoted talked about bc2, but I guess you missed that.

Actually, I think you missed that part?

Quote:
The squad commender is back, the medic is more like it was in bf2, so it's not like they're ignoring bf2, they're simply just not pretending that bc2 didn't exist.

And regenerating health might be gone.
Ninja6. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 02:35 PM   #887
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

I guess you missed the part where the medic in bc2 is like the medic in bf2 but more like the medic of bc2 and not bf2. Hence why the medic in bf3 is more like but not similar to bc2 bf2 bf3 bff omg lol kk thx bai
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:02 PM   #888
sittal
Rage3D Spammer

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i guess you guys missed the part where the pointless bickering stopped.

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:39 AM   #889
Rifle_shot
Radeon HD 6970

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

With all the people bring up MW3 vs BF3- you have to remember something-> A ton of Modern Warfare players were battlefield 2 players. I was actually surprised when many of my friends keep talking about battlefield 3 when they have owned and played to death every COD since mw1. They always say that they played bf2 and it was one of the best games they played.

I believe bf3 is coming out so long after bf2 that it is striking the nostalgic effect to a strong degree, and many gamers that have gone to other games from playing bf2 in the past still want to see if bf3 lives up to its predecessor. Many gamers(me included) are getting tired of Activision milking the Call of Duty series to its knees and want to see bf3 succeed if for no other reason than to create more competition in the FPS genre that is becoming more and more stale.
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:06 AM   #890
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I downloaded Black Ops on the free Steam trial last weekend, and it reminded me how awful the COD series has become. Small / linear maps, 18 players max? Awful.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:14 AM   #891
Chubz
It's a strange condition.

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I downloaded Black Ops on the free Steam trial last weekend, and it reminded me how awful the COD series has become. Small / linear maps, 18 players max? Awful.
Yeah, and people still play this crap constantly too. And they're anticipating Modern Warfare 3. I'll never understand it.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:19 AM   #892
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Tried a bit of MW2 online once, the basic concept seemed to be running around shooting people in the back, until you get shot in the back.

Also, dinosaurs..
http://kotaku.com/5811215/embattlefi...-withdinosaurs

Last edited by jolle : Jun 13, 2011 at 02:24 AM.
jolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:53 AM   #893
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Why do we keep going back to Call of Duty games in this thread. Is there some sense of inherent insecurity about Battlefield 3 or wha?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:53 AM   #894
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
DICE and BF series had more votes than COD , now that is shocking. Maybe BF3 does have a chance of beating COD after all.. I still think most PC gamers are some whiny little bitches though.
Because on some forums theres three or so loud guys, most pc gamers are whiny bitches aswell?

Thats like saying all console gamers are retarded because console developers are openly saying their games need to be more accessible with each release to come out.

@jolle: I havent laughed this much in a long time DDDDDDD
Antec P180 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | Intel i5-3570K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | ASUS GTX 770 DCU-II OC | SyncMaster 2433BW 1920X1200 | Razer Lachesis | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 8.1 Professional

Google Nexus 4 | franco.Kernel

Last edited by Danny Nissan : Jun 13, 2011 at 03:42 AM.
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:41 PM   #895
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:05 PM   #896
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Sorry, but who gives a ****?
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:54 PM   #897
Redshirt_X
...dammit!

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Why do we keep going back to Call of Duty games in this thread. Is there some sense of inherent insecurity about Battlefield 3 or wha?
For better or worse the CoD/MWx line is "the competition," or at least the only competition that matters to the majority (off in the wings: ArmA3 and so on). Comparison is inevitable.

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:21 PM   #898
Jokerzwild
Rage3D Veteran

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricfrac View Post

This is the most epic thing I've seen in weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:41 AM   #899
demo
space cadet

demo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdemo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricfrac View Post
LOL it's funny because its true, and hitler plays kotick well
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:30 AM   #900
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan is still being judged by the masses

HAHAHA "and ****ing dinosaurs" omg im crying XD
Antec P180 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | Intel i5-3570K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | ASUS GTX 770 DCU-II OC | SyncMaster 2433BW 1920X1200 | Razer Lachesis | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 8.1 Professional

Google Nexus 4 | franco.Kernel
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote