Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 12, 2011, 10:26 PM   #691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

AFAIK, you need to update punkbuster and run the game as admin even if you disabled UAC.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 11:22 PM   #692
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ppj View Post
If you use the steam overlay, punkbuster will boot you every time.
how do steam customers play the game then?

man punkbuster blows.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 12:02 AM   #693
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
how do steam customers play the game then?

man punkbuster blows.
Does the same thing in Modern Warfare to me, too. It's an absolute joke. I can't believe so many developers still use it in their games! It's prevented several of my friends from playing at different times, too, or randomly booted them out of servers when we were having a blast. I truly hate PB with a passion.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 13, 2011, 12:08 AM   #694
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

yea i had problems with cod4 myself. it would tell me there was some driver compatibility error or something and boot me out. that was when i had a retail copy of the game, so the solution was to disable the steam overlay. now i have the game on steam, i wonder what would happen if i tried to play mp through that.
Old May 13, 2011, 01:16 AM   #695
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just get the PB tool thingy that auto updates games for you it worked for me for BC2 and most other games.

I do agree PB is a pain in the butt tho, they really need to get with the times and stream line the process much like VAC but with that said both programs are useless when it comes to actual cheat prevention as they can only catch and ban known cheats anyone using a custom hack or private paid for versions can easily bypass both programs and cheat all they like.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011, 11:07 PM   #696
2001ppj
XeoNexus

2001ppj is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down

For steam you can only play with overlay disabled. Not really an issue for me other than alt-tabbing to see who sent a IM. I don't think the other fixes work with bf2. I have tried a few and gave up.

I also hate PB. My retail copy of bf2 bought in 2005 was perma banned and wouldn't be lifted after my account was spoofed. Some guy in Germany was caught cheating during my year break from the game. Hopefully bf3 doesn't use it.

Last edited by 2001ppj : May 15, 2011 at 11:09 PM.
2001ppj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011, 11:22 PM   #697
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Hopefully bf3 doesn't use it.
it will. you can take that to the bank. the only popular anti cheat systems available these days are valve's VAC and punkbuster, and there is no way in hell ea will make bf3 a steamworks game. the only option left is punkbuster, because i'm dead sure they won't build one from scratch.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:46 PM   #698
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah, I had a lot of problems with PB when I used to played COD4. I don't like the punkbuster.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 04:03 AM   #699
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 11:54 PM   #700
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I can't believe nobody has posted this yet. How on earth could such an epic video go unnoticed!?

Old May 29, 2011, 12:04 AM   #701
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I can't believe nobody has posted this yet. How on earth could such an epic video go unnoticed!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 12:31 AM   #702
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

i wonder how many of the people in that video hit on her through the day? i know i would have!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 12:39 AM   #703
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
i wonder how many of the people in that video hit on her through the day? i know i would have!
My goodness she's hot.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 12:41 AM   #704
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

This game can't come out soon enough.

Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 01:06 AM   #705
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Be interesting to see how the pack goes over on PC. I'm predicting it goes the same way the the 1942 expansion packs and the BF2 expansion/booster packs. Which is to say, popular at first and niche later on. I pray it doesn't fracture the community early on and kill the game.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 01:25 AM   #706
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Still no idea on map sizes... me want big.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 01:58 AM   #707
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
If you use the steam overlay, punkbuster will boot you every time.
i've never had any problem with steam overlay weird

only time i get booted is if they updated punkbuster for it and i have to for some reason manually update it myself

*edit* nevermind i was thinking bad company 2, not bf2 ignore what i said

Last edited by CyanBlues : May 29, 2011 at 02:18 AM.
CyanBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 03:14 PM   #708
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

god damn, I'm glad they didn't put the blonde and BF3 footage on screen at the same time.
Old May 29, 2011, 03:29 PM   #709
Chubz
Doomer

If I ever work at EA, I want to associate with chicks like that on a daily basis!
Old May 29, 2011, 03:42 PM   #710
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

A chick like that would be too distracting. I wouldn't be able to get much work done or be a very effective employee. Not that I'd complain about it, mind you... but that's one of those incredibly hot chicks that should be on the cover of magazines not in a mortal work environment.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 03:56 PM   #711
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
A chick like that would be too distracting. I wouldn't be able to get much work done or be a very effective employee. Not that I'd complain about it, mind you... but that's one of those incredibly hot chicks that should be on the cover of magazines not in a mortal work environment.
Idolizing much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 04:06 PM   #712
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

man STFU about the chick already...Anyone miss how awesome the actual GAME looks?
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 04:35 PM   #713
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I really hope some aspects of the game, like huge maps, new- WAIT, THERE'S A HOT CHICK IN THE VIDEO.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 04:38 PM   #714
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
My goodness she's hot.
She's definitely banging the audio guy. Just look at her expression with each person, for some reason there is a glow in her eyes when she's talking to the audio guy and she's like SUPER interested like in an amazed sort of way. He's literally just talking about audio lol.

We need more people like her in GAMING.

Last edited by VVanks : May 29, 2011 at 04:42 PM.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 05:53 PM   #715
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
She's definitely banging the audio guy. Just look at her expression with each person, for some reason there is a glow in her eyes when she's talking to the audio guy and she's like SUPER interested like in an amazed sort of way. He's literally just talking about audio lol.

We need more people like her in GAMING.
The audio guy is ULTRA-Ghey.
Old May 29, 2011, 05:57 PM   #716
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianLyle View Post
The audio guy is ULTRA-Ghey.
yep. looks like a gay evil genius.
Old May 29, 2011, 06:13 PM   #717
Chubz
Doomer

Default Incoming Pre-Launch Fap Material!

:embarrased:

Old May 29, 2011, 06:47 PM   #718
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Thanks for the video Mate. For the first time in a long time (5 years) I will be building a new gaming rig and actually scheduling time a couple hours of week to play this title. Grown up too many responsibilities be dammed.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 06:48 PM   #719
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
:embarrased:

i lol'ed so hard.
Old May 29, 2011, 06:51 PM   #720
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
My goodness she's hot.
I would do anything to her....

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote