Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:50 AM   #3421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
night
Rage3D Veteran

night is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
OK, tell me how it compares to MW's campaign. Graphics good?

I've never played a CoD game...
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:59 AM   #3422
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Mangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
Omg, then you have missed some of the most memorable moments in video-gaming ever!!1!
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:00 AM   #3423
acroig
Master Troll

acroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Omg, then you have missed some of the most memorable moments in video-gaming ever!!1!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:05 AM   #3424
Dave
King of Manchesville

Dave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Subscriber

Quote:

besides the original, meh
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:07 AM   #3425
Dave
King of Manchesville

Dave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestDave considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Subscriber

so been experimenting with the graphics settings.

no aa (postfx set to high) 16xaf ultra at 1920x1080 = 900MB vram useage and a minimum frame rate of 90.

4xaa 16xaf ultra at 1920x1080 = 1250MB vram usage and min frame rate of 55-60

i think maybe 2xaa 16xaf with post fx either off or low might be best. post fx seems to be blurring the image a lot.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:10 AM   #3426
RSViper
Radeon HD 6950

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
OK, tell me how it compares to MW's campaign. Graphics good?

Graphics are really nice. At times it was movie like. Animations are very nice. It's very scripted, go here, do this, hit e for this. Enemies die in a couple of hits. (I like this personally) It does remind me of COD a lot in that it's checkpoint driven and you really don't have any freedom to do anything different. Enemies come at you pretty much endlessly it seems in some areas until you get to your checkpoint or objective. You'll get the big red warning "Leaving Combat Area" if you go past some invisible walls. It's pretty meh overall. But I didn't buy this for the SP.

I got to the F-18 mission and I couldn't go further because there's a part where you have to bomb something and the screen said "press to activate Jdam" or something, but it didn't give me the key to press and none of the ones I pressed on my key bindings (I use the keypad) or the keys around the WASD would work. At that time the multiplayer came back online so I quit and went to play multi and multi crashes every fracking 5 minutes for me! I love it when I can acutally play it and complete a match.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:14 AM   #3427
night
Rage3D Veteran

there are some settings that effect the background of the options menu in real time, including the post AA. watch the ground texture.
Post looks terrible.

oh, another thing bugging the hell out of me.. the friendly markers need to have a distance limit. too many damn time i get an enemy with a blue triangle over his head from a friendly that is on the other side of the map

Last edited by night : Oct 25, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:19 AM   #3428
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English Channel

It maxes out the vRam on my cards. 1491mb .. didn't notice any pop-in though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio on GTA V View Post
I start feeling like crap after a while - and not just from sitting all day playing video games and not taking care of myself; but this **** always makes me real cynical. I start hating people, hating America, hating life in general. I swear this game slowly starts making me a sociopath.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:20 AM   #3429
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Hey now.. The first CoD games, I enjoyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:24 AM   #3430
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Mangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwardsMangler can recite pi backwards

Omg, bf3 looks liek a gaem from 2001!1!

Mw3>bf3

Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:25 AM   #3431
night
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
It maxes out the vRam on my cards. 1491mb .. didn't notice any pop-in though!
hmm.. so it is maxing everyone's card no matter how much memory? Is anyone else getting the freezes after quick turns?

Quote:
Omg, bf3 looks liek a gaem from 2001!1!

Mw3>bf3

ok, there is some sarcasm there, but i really believe the 'Ultra' textures aren't all that ultra'ish

and I don't think the newest drivers did a damn thing performance wise, after coming form 275's, I was still in the low-mid 40's as average.
anyone else watch their cpu? I had 2 cores near 100% and 2 running about 70% pretty much non stop. Guessing o/c'ing from 3.2 isn't gonna help me with this card...

Last edited by night : Oct 25, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:26 AM   #3432
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Nunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English ChannelNunz once jumped the English Channel

No freezes after quick turns. game runs perfectly fine, besides crashing on me at random times that's locking up my whole PC and forcing me to reboot.
I think that's the overclock on the cards.. which is weird since I used to run them at 800/1600/2000 no problem all the time.
Quote:
I start feeling like crap after a while - and not just from sitting all day playing video games and not taking care of myself; but this **** always makes me real cynical. I start hating people, hating America, hating life in general. I swear this game slowly starts making me a sociopath.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:37 AM   #3433
t0adp1p3
Rage3D Veteran

t0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird sings

Decided to try the campaign on hard to start it off, but i get to the part where you have to grab a LMG up on a walkway and defend from up there with no cover and about 2 guys with rpgs and 6 with machine guns firing at you and I just die over and over. Oh well, gonna try MP now.
t0adp1p3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:42 AM   #3434
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Decided to try the campaign on hard to start it off, but i get to the part where you have to grab a LMG up on a walkway and defend from up there with no cover and about 2 guys with rpgs and 6 with machine guns firing at you and I just die over and over. Oh well, gonna try MP now.
Why don't you get down from the walkway ?

Anyway, has anyone managed to get 3D working ?
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:54 AM   #3435
Scart
Rage3D Veteran

Scart is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
3D is not in. Another strike for Nvidia and their PR.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:59 AM   #3436
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'VW_Factor once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
3D is not in. Another strike for Nvidia and their PR.
I've seen it working in person.

They seriously skipped this?
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:02 AM   #3437
john2
Rage3D Veteran

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
I've seen it working in person.

They seriously skipped this?
It will be added with the game's next patch. That's the official word from Nvidia
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:05 AM   #3438
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2 View Post
It will be added with the game's next patch. That's the official word from Nvidia
It was working just dandy @ GeForce LAN. I wonder why they skipped it in release.
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:19 AM   #3439
t0adp1p3
Rage3D Veteran

t0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird singst0adp1p3 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Why don't you get down from the walkway ?

Because it has a marker telling me to be there, and you know how these games are, I am afraid to go off the path it wants me on and be stuck shooting endless waves of re-spawning bad guys.
t0adp1p3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:22 AM   #3440
night
Rage3D Veteran

i started sp on hard, no point in anything else and that part was a bitch. u need to run over there straight out the door, get halfway to it on the bridge then crawl, grab it, get up and run like mad to the stairs on the side
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:49 AM   #3441
RSViper
Radeon HD 6950

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Because it has a marker telling me to be there, and you know how these games are, I am afraid to go off the path it wants me on and be stuck shooting endless waves of re-spawning bad guys.
I ran up, went prone, grabbed it and ran for the other end and went down the stairs on the other side and used the stairs as cover. You'll need to clear a wave or two and then move back towards the building when they tell you to regroup. You are totally exposed on the walkway though so don't stay there. This was after dying several times trying to use the gun on the walkway.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:15 PM   #3442
mrbaggs
Ashes to Ashes

mrbaggs is still being judged by the masses

Loving it so far, runs like butter for me. Really loving the multiplayer.

Got it at ultra with motion blur off, 2x AA and SSAO on my single 480.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:29 PM   #3443
lukilla
Rage3D Veteran

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

The severe stuttering with nvidia 8/9/gt200 cards is caused by the latest couple of drivers

what the hell is nvidia doing

Ps.- Thanks for the help guys.
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:43 PM   #3444
acroig
Master Troll

acroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
Graphics are really nice. At times it was movie like. Animations are very nice. It's very scripted, go here, do this, hit e for this. Enemies die in a couple of hits. (I like this personally) It does remind me of COD a lot in that it's checkpoint driven and you really don't have any freedom to do anything different. Enemies come at you pretty much endlessly it seems in some areas until you get to your checkpoint or objective. You'll get the big red warning "Leaving Combat Area" if you go past some invisible walls. It's pretty meh overall. But I didn't buy this for the SP.

I got to the F-18 mission and I couldn't go further because there's a part where you have to bomb something and the screen said "press to activate Jdam" or something, but it didn't give me the key to press and none of the ones I pressed on my key bindings (I use the keypad) or the keys around the WASD would work. At that time the multiplayer came back online so I quit and went to play multi and multi crashes every fracking 5 minutes for me! I love it when I can acutally play it and complete a match.
Thanks for you input.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:45 PM   #3445
Mangler
RIP PC Gaming

Sometimes the sp reminds me of black ops, as it can be heavily scripted and likes to take away the controls from the player.

I'm not a fan of that at all.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:59 PM   #3446
Saggypoo
Rage3D Veteran

Saggypoo knows why the caged bird singsSaggypoo knows why the caged bird singsSaggypoo knows why the caged bird singsSaggypoo knows why the caged bird singsSaggypoo knows why the caged bird sings

I'm really glad people still feel the need to drive vehicles away from people repairing them. Or people bitch that you're not driving away from the people repairing them.
Saggypoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:02 PM   #3447
Nunz
Rage3D Spammer

Just made my own origin account and bought BF3.
Evileh, you'll have to add me again lol.
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:03 PM   #3448
night
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
I'm really glad people still feel the need to drive vehicles away from people repairing them. Or people bitch that you're not driving away from the people repairing them.
most ppl play first person in vehicles and have no idea.

I really think drivers of vehicles need a minimap of their immediate radius
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:21 PM   #3449
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen knows why the caged bird singsRoxen knows why the caged bird singsRoxen knows why the caged bird singsRoxen knows why the caged bird singsRoxen knows why the caged bird sings

Origin and this disc install sure is ****ing me around.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:31 PM   #3450
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank is not someone to be trifled withAlientank is not someone to be trifled withAlientank is not someone to be trifled withAlientank is not someone to be trifled withAlientank is not someone to be trifled withAlientank is not someone to be trifled withAlientank is not someone to be trifled withAlientank is not someone to be trifled with

Played a bit of it just now. Just campers galore like the COD games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote