Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

"

Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channelacroig once jumped the English Channel

Default Missing in Action: Games We Have Yet To See

"Games get delayed for a myriad of reasons. Some developers, like 3D Realms, Blizzard and Valve thrive on the notoriety. Others may have just bitten off more than they can chew. You know what the number one sign for a game that's likely to be delayed is? It has no 'official' release date. Even after years of work. I'd wager that more than a few companies out there have enough money to enjoy a daily dose of hookers & blow and just make fun little games for something to do. I doubt that such a trivial concept as missing a release date even bothers them since they can still play whenever they want to. The other 99%? Not so much...

Sure, we could rattle off some easy picks like Duke Nukem Forever, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, Alan Wake or Half-Life Two: Episode 3 to fill up some more space, but we're going to be digging a little deeper. Here are our top-5 picks for games we think will get delayed (even after they get an official release date)"

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/feature...ave-Yet-To-See
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 06:01 PM   #2
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird singsGanjaStar knows why the caged bird sings

Borderlands is the only title on there that i've never heard of and it looks pretty cool actually. Gearbox and coop, i like those two words
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:04 PM   #3
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

by definition, a game cannot be delayed or missing in action until it has a release date. this has to be the dumbest statement in the article -

Quote:
You know what the number one sign for a game that's likely to be delayed is? It has no 'official' release date.
almost every game is announced without a fixed release date at the time of annoucement. at best they sometimes specify the year it's coming in like 'summer 2010' or something. according to this guy, if the game doesn't have a fixed release date, it's bound to be delayed?

in fact, the author makes asinine comments in almost every paragraph of the article. he thinks start trek online will be delayed even though he acknowledges it has no official release date. he 'guesstimates' that borderlands will be delayed to fall this year from summer. he thinks star wars: the old republic is a jedi knight game. he thinks id has 'a lot left to prove'.... i'd bet this guy was taking hits from a bong when he wrote this trash

Last edited by spindoctor : Feb 4, 2009 at 08:07 PM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:58 PM   #4
Oui
Rage3D Veteran

Oui is still being judged by the masses

Hmm forgot about "rage". I wonder what happened to that one? Looking at the trailer the graphics don't seem as impressive now.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:44 AM   #5
Thr0tt
Rage3D Veteran

Thr0tt is still being judged by the masses

I was hopeful that Dead Island saw the light of day but alas all the searching has only found that 'they are still working on it'. MIA or just on a long vacation...
Specs: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P | AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz | Sapphire RADEON HD 7850 (Latest Cats) CCC | 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel | Hanns-G HH281 28" LCD | X-Fi Ultimate Gamer (5.1) | LiteOn DH20A4P DVD-RW | Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick | Win7 Ultimate
Thr0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:04 AM   #6
SteveButabi
Did you just grab my ass?

SteveButabi is still being judged by the masses

I thought the reason developers didn't announce release dates was because they themselves didn't know, and to keep people from crying all over the internet when it isn't released on time. (most cry either way though, like this guy apparently)

How can you call a game that doesn't have a release date, "delayed"?

If you want games out asap, EA already has a pretty good selection of games that get thrown out the door for impatient people to waste money on.

Last edited by SteveButabi : Feb 5, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
SteveButabi is offline   Reply With Quote