Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once held a door open for a complete strangerPayne3d once held a door open for a complete strangerPayne3d once held a door open for a complete strangerPayne3d once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Batman: Arkham Asylum

Looks pretty good.
And i think that's Mark Hamil and Kevin Conroy doing the voices for the Joker and Batman which is pretty awesome in itself.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44955.html?type=flv
Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:49 PM   #2
-=Antimatter=-
Rage3D Veteran

-=Antimatter=- is still being judged by the masses

If it follows the plot of the comic, then I'm sold.
-=Antimatter=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:53 PM   #3
plan-9
Rage3D Veteran

plan-9 is still being judged by the masses

Yup game actually looks good. And yup thats Mark Hamil.
plan-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 4, 2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Sponge
spongetanious

Sponge is still being judged by the masses

had my eye on this for awhile, saw it mentioned in a game magazine a few weeks ago. it looks better and better every time something new comes out on it
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:19 AM   #5
Unicron
Rage3D Veteran

Unicron is still being judged by the masses

New video from GDC:

http://gdc.gamespot.com/video/620683...-gameplay?hd=1

Looks pretty slick

There seems to be "challenge rooms" in the game, like this one. Take out X enemies in a certain amount of time.
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:02 PM   #6
Dodongo77
Rage3D Veteran

Dodongo77 is still being judged by the masses

I'm hoping this actually ends up being as good as it looks.
Dodongo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:31 PM   #7
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:50 PM   #8
plan-9
Rage3D Veteran

Anyone in Canada who is interested in the game should pick it up first day. Walmart. EB and I guess FS/BB with pricematching will sell it for $39.99 only on launch day. Then it goes back up.

This is for both the ps3 or 360 version.

Grabbing ps3 version. Demo was a lot of fun.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:33 PM   #9
Meteor_of_War
like tears in rain

Meteor_of_War is not someone to be trifled withMeteor_of_War is not someone to be trifled withMeteor_of_War is not someone to be trifled withMeteor_of_War is not someone to be trifled withMeteor_of_War is not someone to be trifled withMeteor_of_War is not someone to be trifled withMeteor_of_War is not someone to be trifled withMeteor_of_War is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by plan-9 View Post
Anyone in Canada who is interested in the game should pick it up first day. Walmart. EB and I guess FS/BB with pricematching will sell it for $39.99 only on launch day. Then it goes back up.

This is for both the ps3 or 360 version.

Grabbing ps3 version. Demo was a lot of fun.
No love for the PC version?
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 09:28 PM   #10
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

I was going to wait for the pc version but have decided to pickup a ps3 copy for the Joker player character. Anyone know if you will be pitted against Batman playing as the joker?

Quote:
I refuse to take any environmentalist seriously if they aren't a vegetarian.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:54 PM   #11
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
another review 9.0/10
Quote:
Old Aug 22, 2009, 01:29 AM   #12
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Dungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird singsDungeoncrawler knows why the caged bird sings

Now they need to make an Iron Man game as good as this one! Btw...any rumors of retailers breaking the street date?

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Aug 22, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:02 PM   #13
Zero
Sass hole

Zero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppersZero has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I love the game so far. Great atmosphere, good control system, inutitive, I AM THE DARK KNIGHT.

Anyone else played it?

"Optimists believe this is the best of all possible worlds. Pessimists fear that it is true."
-Robert Oppenheimer

"I love my dog. But my doctor say we cannot make babies. I guess we'll adopt children and just have sechs."
-SpongeBebop, Rage3D 2003

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the group. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friederich Nietzsche on James Crivellone

Antec P180B
Asus P5Q-Deluxe
Intel Q9550 (400x8.5 1.25v stock HSF)
Corsair HX620
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
250GB Maxtor
NEC 3500A + LG 8162B
HP w2408 24" LCD
Logitech EasyCall Desktop KB + Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Asus M50SV-A1
15.4" LCD 1440x900
T9300 2.5GHz 6MB Cache VM-enabled
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Nvidia 9500M GS
320GB WD Scorpio
8x DL DVD-RW
Realtek HD Audio
802.11 Draft-N / BT 2.1
HDMI audio-capable output

Silverstone LC-17B
EVGA 780i
C2D e6600 2.4GHz
OCZ GameXStrem 700W
4GB Mushkin XP2 DDR2 PC-8500 (500 5-5-5-2)
ATI 4770 1GB
500GB Western Digital + 250GB Maxtor HDs
Samsung 50" PN50C550 Plasma TV

Dark Knight Modded Xbox 360 Premium (Launch)
XBox 360 RE5 Elite (Jasper)
Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper)
PS3 60GB
Black Wii w/ wiikey
NDS Onyx

+1 bazillion games
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:17 PM   #14
Ogrillion
Radeon HD 6870

Ogrillion is still being judged by the masses

I don't have the full game just yet, gamefly sent it out yesterday should have it by tomorrow hopefully..

I did play the crap out of the demo! I really really enjoyed the demo, it felt like to me what a batman game should be. I really liked the stealth in the game, I am normally not a big stealth fan but atleast in the demo they did a really good job making stealth fun and not to annoying..

Anyways all the reviews sound great and I really can't wait to get my hands on this game.. Only disapointment I read so far was you can't drive the bat mobile
Ogrillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 03:16 PM   #15
plan-9
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I love the game so far. Great atmosphere, good control system, inutitive, I AM THE DARK KNIGHT.

Anyone else played it?
I wish I could be playing it right now. Went to 2 walmarts, 1 FS and 1 BB. All sold out except for maybe 4 copies for 360. But Im trying to get the ps3 version. Sale is still on tomorrow. Guy at BB said they sold around 100 copies today. PS3 Slim has been selling too. Saw quite a few people purchasing them.

Well Im finally at home, now gonna rest a bit, then head back out to check out a few more places. Really want this game. The demo was great. Oh checked an EB, they had copies but said they wouldnt sell me one cause I didnt preorder it from them. Guessing they just will hold those copies for a couple days till the sale is over and then sell them for $69.99.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 03:54 PM   #16
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

ps3 version has some noticable jaggies going-on, but by no means a show stopper. Mechanics seem suited for an action third-person, and more importantly it's a fun game to play. I recommend for anyone that likes this genre to definately pick this game up for whatever is your favorite platform.

Quote:
Old Aug 25, 2009, 04:14 PM   #17
shrike126

shrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Been playing this game for the past few hours after picking it up at Gamestop today. Hly crap this came is awesome! Controls are easy to use, very intuitive, I forget there's no real HUD except when you've got Detective mode on (which I do like 90% of the time unless I'm fighting). The combat is flashy, believable and brutal. The boss fights are challenging without being overly tough.

Honestly this is the best game is everything a Batman game should be.

I very easily recommend this game to just about anyone. Very
Old Aug 25, 2009, 04:19 PM   #18
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Been playing this game for the past few hours after picking it up at Gamestop today. Hly crap this came is awesome! Controls are easy to use, very intuitive, I forget there's no real HUD except when you've got Detective mode on (which I do like 90% of the time unless I'm fighting). The combat is flashy, believable and brutal. The boss fights are challenging without being overly tough.

Honestly this is the best game is everything a Batman game should be.

I very easily recommend this game to just about anyone. Very
Did you find the controls a little wonky whenever you are crouched and in a confined space?

Quote:
Old Aug 25, 2009, 05:28 PM   #19
plan-9
Rage3D Veteran

Finally got a copy. Went to another Futureshop. Ps3 version was sold out. About 10 copies for 360 were left. Went to Walmart, some 360 copies were there, no ps3 copies. Me and someone else were talking how hard it is to find the ps3 version, then someone who worked there told us to come up to the cash. They had a few copies they were holding for some people so he sold them to us instead.

Game seems like its going to sell a whole lot.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:32 PM   #20
spindoctor
Rage3D Spammer

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

i have a question to the folks playing... is the game entirely inside the asylum? i saw a trailer showing some action outside the building i.e. on arkham island but i'm not sure if that was a playable zone. as fun as it is, i'm wondering if it might get tiring if it's inside a single building (think F.E.A.R )
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:34 PM   #21
plan-9
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
i have a question to the folks playing... is the game entirely inside the asylum? i saw a trailer showing some action outside the building i.e. on arkham island but i'm not sure if that was a playable zone. as fun as it is, i'm wondering if it might get tiring if it's inside a single building (think F.E.A.R )
Yes you go outside. You can go all over the island. This game is great. Been playing for a couple hours now. Voice acting is top notch. Mark Hamil is the greatest. Story so far is pretty good. And the game is just plain fun.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:56 PM   #22
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

You guys are compelling me to pick this game up, pronto. PS3 or Xbox version, PS3 or Xbox version... can't decide!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:01 PM   #23
shrike126

shrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshshrike126 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I'd personally prefer the PS3 version because it has the Joker challenge levels. But otherwise you're gonna have fun no matter which you pick!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:49 PM   #24
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by plan-9 View Post
Finally got a copy. Went to another Futureshop. Ps3 version was sold out. About 10 copies for 360 were left. Went to Walmart, some 360 copies were there, no ps3 copies. Me and someone else were talking how hard it is to find the ps3 version, then someone who worked there told us to come up to the cash. They had a few copies they were holding for some people so he sold them to us instead.

Game seems like its going to sell a whole lot.
I got it on 360 my neighbor was going to get it for PS3. Went to Target same thing PS3 sold out. A little asking at both locations and they basically got half the amount they did for 360.

Looks like they underestimated demand for the PS3 with this one.

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:08 PM   #25
shrike126

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Did you find the controls a little wonky whenever you are crouched and in a confined space?
Well just a bit, but honestly it wasn't anything that I found myself struggling with too much. Mostly I just loved grappling around the place beating the tar out of as many thugs as I could find. I do wish I could manage the thugs with weapons a bit better. Mostly I like just standing around in the middle of thugs and chain counter-attacking as many pricks as I could find.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:19 PM   #26
plan-9
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
I got it on 360 my neighbor was going to get it for PS3. Went to Target same thing PS3 sold out. A little asking at both locations and they basically got half the amount they did for 360.

Looks like they underestimated demand for the PS3 with this one.
That would explain it. Cant believe how well this game is selling as a whole. Guess the fact that theyre selling this brand new game for $39 instead of the regular $69. Hopefully they'll do this for more games in the future.

This game is fantastic. Love all the collectables too that give you the background of all the characters. The Riddler interview was pretty funny. Game seems a tad on the easy side though. But Im sure it will get harder.
As for ps3 or 360. I chose ps3 mainly because I prefer the DS3 controller over the 360 controller. Played both demos a bunch of times, and both look and ran pretty much the same. So went for the one Id be more comfortable playing, plus playing as the joker in the challenges is an added bonus.

Btw, Canadians, the sale at Best Buy at least goes till the 27th.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:23 PM   #27
nomore
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
You guys are compelling me to pick this game up, pronto. PS3 or Xbox version, PS3 or Xbox version... can't decide!
"get" the PC version.
Quote:
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:20 AM   #28
shady078
Radeon HD 7970

shady078 is still being judged by the masses

This game is a real challenge for me on hard mode.. if I miss a single counter I get roughed up pretty bad.. and it gets difficult when you have the different enemy types and as many as 10 guys at once fighting you.

One thing I can say, though.. even though I get frustrated at certain sections, I don't want to stop.. and I don't feel like the game is "cheating".. I just realize that I either suck or am probably approaching the situation the wrong way.
Gigabyte X58A-U3DR
Sapphire HD7970 3GB
OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD (OS Drive) fw-1.41
WD Caviar 500GB 7200rpm hdd w/16mb cache
Antec TruePower Trio 850 Modular Power Supply
Silverstone Raven RV-02
Windows 7 Profesional x64
Apple 27" LED Cinema Display
shady078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:52 AM   #29
Dungeoncrawler
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
"get" the PC version.
I agree, however didn't want to wait. As soon as the pc version is available I'll probably put my ps3 version up on ebay .

Quote:
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:49 AM   #30
KAC
Pussy face to my axe

KAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppersKAC has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I agree, however didn't want to wait. As soon as the pc version is available I'll probably put my ps3 version up on ebay .
Will need to do the same I guess since everyone is raving about the game so much.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote