Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:07 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
JD?

??

I'm sure he likes apple juice, because of his love affair with appletini's

Desktop: Intel Core i7 4770K : 16GB Gskill DDR3 2133 : Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB : Asrock Z87E-ITX : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Crucial m4 256GB and Samsung 840 240GB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Achieva Shimian QH270 27" LED monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64
Laptop: Acer Travelmate Timeline 8172 : Intel Core i5 470UM : 4GB DDR3 1066 : Intel HD Integrated : Intel HM55 Chipset :
120GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD : 40W Power brick and 6 cell battery : Conexant HD Audio : 11.6" LCD : Windows 7 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600
: Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 01:55 AM   #32
mbeeston
Darkness Mane

mbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

JD tastes like ****
RIP Joe 'Vengeance' Rupe
"you can't end a good party without someone on the floor" - Yusuke Urameshi
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
"if the ocean was whiskey and i was a duck, i'd swim to the bottom and drink my way up" - crag
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 08:08 AM   #33
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Here is my favorite:

Waaaay better than JD IMO. Mmmm just looking at that pic makes me want some right now.
we call that the 'kickn' chicken'

JD deffinately isnt bad ... its kinda like the budweiser of burbons

theres deffinately worse out there
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 16, 2009, 08:21 AM   #34
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encyclopedia_b View Post
we call that the 'kickn' chicken'

JD deffinately isnt bad ... its kinda like the budweiser of burbons

theres deffinately worse out there
You might have a point if JD was a bourbon, but it isn't.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 08:29 AM   #35
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Anyone say Jesus juice yet?
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:11 AM   #36
Bob Bobbles
Rage3D Veteran

Bob Bobbles is still being judged by the masses

JD blows.
2001 is the stupidest movie ever and the only purpose of that movie is to lie to people that there is no God. That movie is not worth watching it. The movie is just another deception...so trust me if you didn't watch don't do it, you wont miss anything.
Bob Bobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:22 AM   #37
P1x44r
Rage3D Spammer

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
If im going to have JD, the only way i can somewhat appreciate it is mixing it with DIET COKE. Yes, diet, WTF, but try it. Its good if your a JD drinker. Sorry, ive never tried any juices with JD.
I tried it with Coke Zero and couldn't swallow the mix.

I don't drink soda, hence me looking for a juice combination.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:34 AM   #38
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

burbon ... whiskey ... burbon ... whiskey...

sparkling wine ... champagne ... sparkling wine ... champagne ...

potatoe ... potato ... potatoe ... potato ...
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:07 AM   #39
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers**G.I.BRO** has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
I tried it with Coke Zero and couldn't swallow the mix.

I don't drink soda, hence me looking for a juice combination.
Never tried zero, just regular diet coke. It something about its taste/sweetness that differs from regular coke that makes it easier to drink. Well, for me that is. I'm usually a crown and canada dry kind of guy. If i do coke, its usually mixed with Barcardi Gold.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:22 AM   #40
Bob Bobbles
Rage3D Veteran

Bob Bobbles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
burbon ... whiskey ... burbon ... whiskey...

sparkling wine ... champagne ... sparkling wine ... champagne ...

potatoe ... potato ... potatoe ... potato ...

There's a difference.
2001 is the stupidest movie ever and the only purpose of that movie is to lie to people that there is no God. That movie is not worth watching it. The movie is just another deception...so trust me if you didn't watch don't do it, you wont miss anything.
Bob Bobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 03:35 PM   #41
HiThere
salty cracker

HiThere is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
true true

i really have a fondness for glenmorangie port wood finished scotch.
I share your view. Recently returned from Scotland with a bottle of Glenfiddich 18 YO, which although very popular, remains a favorite of mine, and some other local stuff. Had a nosing at Gleneagles, and picked up some Glenlivet and Blair Athol (both are fruitier, good with dessert).

JD is syrupy crap.

Last edited by HiThere : Jan 16, 2009 at 03:47 PM.
HiThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 03:38 PM   #42
P1x44r
Rage3D Spammer

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Speaking of Glenfiddich, it's the best scotch I've ever had

Old Jan 16, 2009, 03:52 PM   #43
HiThere
salty cracker

HiThere is still being judged by the masses

***sigh***....I know what I'm doing when I get home tonite (besides BSG).
Old Jan 16, 2009, 03:54 PM   #44
Tork64
Rage3D Veteran

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

cool bsg starts today ? w000t!!
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:33 PM   #45
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badgesCowzrul doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bobbles View Post

There's a difference.

Bourbon != Whiskey != Whisky != Scotch != Rye
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:29 PM   #46
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'DaJMasta once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post

Bourbon != Whiskey != Whisky != Scotch != Rye
Are they even pronounced differently? Is Whisky an immitation?

Oh and Rye is a cereal grain.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 4770K : 16GB Gskill DDR3 2133 : Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB : Asrock Z87E-ITX : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Crucial m4 256GB and Samsung 840 240GB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Achieva Shimian QH270 27" LED monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64
Laptop: Acer Travelmate Timeline 8172 : Intel Core i5 470UM : 4GB DDR3 1066 : Intel HD Integrated : Intel HM55 Chipset :
120GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD : 40W Power brick and 6 cell battery : Conexant HD Audio : 11.6" LCD : Windows 7 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600
: Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 11:52 PM   #47
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

as far as i know there just made in different regions. in order for it to be burbon it has to be made in ky.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 01:16 AM   #48
ThirdEye
Déjà vu

ThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppersThirdEye has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:53 PM   #49
Meteor_of_War
like tears in rain

Meteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMeteor_of_War doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
"All bourbons are whiskey, but not all whiskeys are bourbon...Whisky is an alcoholic distillate from a fermented mash of grain produced at less than 190 proof in such a manner that the distillate possesses the taste, aroma, and characteristics generally attributed to whiskey, stored in oak containers (except that corn whisky need not be so stored), and bottled at not less than 80 proof, and also includes mixtures of such distillates for which no specific standards of identity are prescribed.

For a whiskey to qualify as bourbon, the law--by international agreement--stipulates that it must be made in the USA. It must be made from at least 51% and no more than 79% Indian corn, and aged for at least two years. (Most bourbon is aged for four years or more.) The barrels for aging can be made of any kind of new oak, charred on the inside. Nowadays all distillers use American White Oak, because it is porous enough to help the bourbon age well, but not so porous that it will allow barrels to leak. It must be distilled at no more than 160 proof (80% alcohol by volume). Nothing can be added at bottling to enhance flavor or sweetness or alter color. The other grains used to make bourbon, though not stipulated by law, are malted barley and either rye or wheat. Some Kentucky bourbon makers claim that the same limestone spring water that makes thoroughbred horses' bones strong gives bourbon whiskey its distinctive flavor. Kind of like that "it's the water" thing with Olympia beer.

Bourbon can be made anywhere in the U.S., but all but a couple of brands are made in Kentucky. Only the state of Kentucky can produce bourbon with its name on the label. The name comes from Bourbon county in the central bluegrass region of Kentucky. This county was named in 1785 to honor the French royal family and was once the major transshipment site for shipping distilled spirits down the Ohio and Mississippi rivers to New Orleans. Barrels shipped from there were stamped with the county's name, which then became the name of this kind of whiskey. Interestingly, there are no distillers in Bourbon county, Kentucky right now. "
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...on-and-whiskey
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote