Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

BETA Forceware 180.84 - PowerPack 2

December 9th 2008, nvidia.com:
Release Notes (some boiler plate unchanged from previous 180.xx releases)

This is a beta driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs.

Exciting New Features:
* Enables NVIDIA SLI technology on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards with all SLI-certified GPUs.
* Enables NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Now you can easily switch between multi-monitor desktop mode and full screen 3D gaming mode. Learn more here.
* Enables NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. (Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. This driver package automatically installs PhysX System Software version 8.10.13).
* Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2. Download these free PhysX and CUDA applications now!

Blazing Fast Performance:
* Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 180 drivers vs. Release 178 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
o Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
o Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
o Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
o Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
o Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
o Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
o Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
o Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
o Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
o Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict

And More:

* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
* Supports CUDA.
* Supports [email protected] distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
* Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver.

Make sure you fold for Team #64 - Rage3D if you contribute!
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:40 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Launching beta drivers with new PhysX powerpack the day before ATI launches their stream drivers and pack..... interesting
Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:41 PM   #3
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

The drivers where posted few days back , however not the crappy powerpack
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 9, 2008, 04:01 PM   #4
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Yeah but those were 'GTA IV' drivers, and it wasn't one day before ATI released their Stream drivers
Old Dec 9, 2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
Yeah but those were 'GTA IV' drivers, and it wasn't one day before ATI released their Stream drivers
Still the same drivers though surelly?
Old Dec 9, 2008, 04:02 PM   #6
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
They were posted a few days ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 04:03 PM   #7
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
They were posted a few days ago.
5TH Dec
Old Dec 9, 2008, 04:22 PM   #8
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Looks like I need to use more these days, to indicate sarcasm

Old Dec 9, 2008, 09:57 PM   #9
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
o Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
Lawl, somebody was typing too fast and got the name wrong.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:43 PM   #10
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Looks like I need to use more these days, to indicate sarcasm

No, honestly, you use it more than enough.
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 02:09 AM   #11
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post

Old Dec 10, 2008, 02:49 AM   #12
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

These don't appear to have the gtaIV sli profile?

Dc

Update: Game is hardlocking with these whereas the other set with the sli profile did not.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Dec 10, 2008 at 03:01 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 05:30 AM   #13
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

these are good for gta 4, fixed some weird texture flickering(some decals still flicker in the distance) but they don't like left for dead on my gtx260. I had artfacts within 5 mins, and with 180.48 i played for hours and hours no artifacts ever.

haven't played anything else since I have those two.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:09 AM   #14
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:03 AM   #15
False Christian
Rage3D Veteran

False Christian is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

They are terrible drivers! They surely borked my 8800GTs. Every time I go to launch a Direct3D app the computer BSODs and every time I launch an OpenGL app the system just hangs! I went back the the WHQL 180.48s and everything is fine, now.
False Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:32 AM   #16
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Christian View Post
They are terrible drivers! They surely borked my 8800GTs. Every time I go to launch a Direct3D app the computer BSODs and every time I launch an OpenGL app the system just hangs! I went back the the WHQL 180.48s and everything is fine, now.
thanks for the info... skipping
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:25 AM   #17
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Christian View Post
Such is the nature of BETA.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:41 AM   #18
Fat Jez
Radeon Evergreen

Fat Jez is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Such is the nature of BETA.
or indeed (possibly) the nature of not removing the previous release entirely.

I forget which release it was before, but Company of Heroes was incredibly flaky until I went through and manually removed every last trace of the previous versions of the nVidia drivers and reinstalled the latest.
Fat Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:56 AM   #19
Serotonin
Lacking details

I heard these were pretty solid drivers for everything BUT, ironically, GTA 4, the game they were put out for. They stuttered horribly for me in that game which led to an instant uninstall. Crysis and Gears of War seem to have benefited from these from what users are saying, but I'm too occupied with getting gta 4 perfect
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:48 PM   #20
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Good drivers for me. Prince of Persia and Fallout 3 running great.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:21 PM   #21
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

I'm getting abysmal desktop performance with these and GPU [email protected] Will try 180.60 tomorrow.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 02:21 AM   #22
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Well, on a more positive note these seem to have fixed my errant downclocking issues that was prevelent with past versions of the 180.xx's.

Dc
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:52 AM   #23
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I'm getting abysmal desktop performance with these and GPU [email protected] Will try 180.60 tomorrow.
I got that one too, sluggish when browsing (I'm folding as I type this, Team 64 of course ). Plus it blue screened (nv_disp) when I wanted to view in 3D mode, dunno why. Plus in some game there is too much Z fighting resulting artifacts especially in GTA San Andreas
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 12:03 PM   #24
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
I got that one too, sluggish when browsing (I'm folding as I type this, Team 64 of course ). Plus it blue screened (nv_disp) when I wanted to view in 3D mode, dunno why. Plus in some game there is too much Z fighting resulting artifacts especially in GTA San Andreas
I'm downloading 180.60 now.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 05:21 PM   #25
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

there's a revised version of this driver set. I had troubles in left for dead with the previous 180.84's these ones seem to have fixed it.

first time i ever saw two different versions of the same driver set

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...27&postcount=1
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 09:50 PM   #26
Serotonin
Lacking details

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
there's a revised version of this driver set. I had troubles in left for dead with the previous 180.84's these ones seem to have fixed it.

first time i ever saw two different versions of the same driver set

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...27&postcount=1
They image quality in beta 3's are HORRIBLE. The lack AA is much more prominent with these. They didn't give me any boost in fps, even with reduced iq.

I went back to the Beta 2's, but I will more than likely go back to the 180.60's once I install this vista 64-bit.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:53 PM   #27
flippin_waffles
Radeon R300

flippin_waffles is still being judged by the masses

Not brave enough to start a new thread, so I figured i'd post it here instead.

Just a word of caution:

Nvidia Big Bang drivers caused a spike in RMA departments?

Last edited by flippin_waffles : Dec 11, 2008 at 10:56 PM.
flippin_waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2008, 04:37 PM   #28
DEDloc
Radeon R300

DEDloc is still being judged by the masses

180.84 crashed my system on a clean install of xp corporate pro so.....
I can wait for whql.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 03:16 PM   #29
lroa

lroa is still being judged by the masses

Default driver for the 9800 GTX+

any advice on a good driver for the 9800 GTX+?

i just got my card and i did not install driver that it came with. i went to Nvidia website and got the latest 181.22 and i have issues with it. most of the time when i start the computer soon after it logs in it loose my screen (all black) or a rectangular shape checker board. its gone once i reboot, but dam what a pain. twice now it has locked up then that dam checker board is back. on both instances i have to reboot.
lroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 03:20 PM   #30
Pirate Neilsouth

Damn it Iroa i thought this was a new driver for a second