Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » More Discussions » Legacy Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX, and original AIW products.

"

Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
tumbleweedracefan

tumbleweedracefan is still being judged by the masses

Default ATI 3D RAGE LT PRO driver

Hi there everybody !
First time poster so I hope I'm in the right area!
I have a Compaq Presario 5190, Windows XP Home.
For some strange reason, I can't get the "display adapter" driver to work, or it just disapeared or something.
It is listed as ATI 3D RAGE LT PRO. The driver isn't anywhere to be found. It has a yellow exclamation mark on the listing.
I can't find the driver for this anywhere.
Does anyone here know where I can find the driver for the "ATI 3D RAGE LT PRO" ?
My computer won't completely shut down, when I turn it off. The hard drive shuts down but the moniter stays on.
Any and all help is very much appreciated !!!!!
Thank you !
tumbleweedracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 02:12 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwards

The correct forum to post in would be this one - http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=28

For a driver, try the Rage Pro driver listed on this page:

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/legacy-xp.html

or from your computer manufacturer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&product=93127

Although the drivers from HP were designed for Windows 98, not XP, and may bluescreen your system.

You might try running through Windows Update using a Custom Scan and see if any drivers are offered under the hardware section, for your graphics card.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 01:00 AM   #3
tumbleweedracefan

Thanks caveman-jim !
I will dive into these 2 sites and see what I come up with. I will let ya know !
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:41 AM   #4
tumbleweedracefan

I downloaded the driver. It wouldn't take. I got nothing but a CODE 10. So, I'm gonna replace that card and move on ! Thank you for working with me !!!! RAGE ON !!!