Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:25 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Reynaldo
who

Reynaldo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyReynaldo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Fable 2 reviews

Eurogamer - 10/10

Quote:
There are problems, of course, but they tend to be minor annoyances. Context-sensitive prompts can be a little too sensitive to context, requiring a spot of shuffling back and forth to activate, and dialogue often takes a millisecond too long to load, resulting in a few stilted and unnatural conversations. There's a fair amount of backtracking, too, although fast travel is easily available, and an empty stretch of road is often a chance to enjoy another brief dust-up anyway. And despite the ambition of the game, I encountered precisely two bugs along the way: at one point I found myself trapped in a room I'd just looted when a hat-stand fell across the doorway and I had to fast-travel out, and on another occasion, a prostitute I was talking to got herself wedged in the wall of a townhouse, only to emerge out of the front door a few moments later looking faintly confused by the whole experience.

But these are quibbles compared to the grand scope. It took me two solid days of playing to scramble to the end of the narrative, and during that time, and due to a handful of particularly nasty choices - I had murdered innocents, I had laughed at a few funerals, I had Kicked a Chicken a Good Distance - I had somehow transformed from a nubile cutie in gypsy rags into Oliver Hardy's zombified older sister, bloated and saggy, my rotting skin covered in scars from inept battling, and the remains of my hairdo splattered unappealingly over my sweaty forehead. I had become distinctly unlovable, and yet the game was still willing to show me a good time.
IGN UK - 9.5/10

Quote:
Invest in Albion, its inhabitants and its history; embrace the power you’re afforded to shape yourself and the world around you and Fable II is an astonishing achievement. It’s not an easily definable, singular vision but an impressive, unparalleled attempt at empowering the player in ways no other game has before. While individual elements might struggle to shine on close scrutiny, it’s their harmonious integration that makes Fable II such a captivating, unforgettable experience. Yes, it breaks little new ground by traditional RPG standards but no game has come close to offering the kind of surprising, compelling, emotional immersion that permeates Fable II. It’s a game that rewards experimentation and exploration, not dogged single-minded persistence, in subtly brilliant ways. And while it’s true that my fat, greedy whore-killing hero has probably had his time in Albion, the world’s constant flux means the game still has other stories to tell – and I’m looking forward to hearing them all.
All I can say from having played the game, is that it really is an awesome experience. Excellent, excellent game.
Reynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:33 AM   #2
tranCendenZ
Rage3D Veteran

tranCendenZ is still being judged by the masses

Loved the first one, looks like I will love this one even more!

My copy of the CE is in the mail, so to speak.
tranCendenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Sound_Card
Constantinople

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

got to get now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:42 AM   #4
DeathKnight
Rage3D Spammer

DeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwardsDeathKnight can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Should have my copy from Amazon tomorrow.
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair H50 | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 2 x 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 2133 | Gigabyte GTX 570 | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD | Maxtor 300GB SATA Ultra16 | Seagate 500GB 32MB SATA2 | WD 640GB Black | Toshiba 2.5" 500GB in eSATA enclosure | Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD/RW drive | Antec P180B w/700w Thermaltake TP modular PSU | Win 7 Pro | 1920x1080 w/LCD TV
HT: Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42" 1080P LCD HDTV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Sigma 100-300mm F4 EX APO | Sigma EX APO 1.4x TC | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

My New Photo Gallery (prints available)
Old Gallery
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:46 AM   #5
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gamestop is having a midnight launch tonight. I'm all paid up on my copy but I may wait till tomorrow.

Btw the patch for multiplayer is supposed to be done and ready for tomorrow!
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 02:31 PM   #6
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I never played the first one, does that matter?

I may have to pick this up.

EDIT: Never mind, IGN says no.

Here is the non UK one: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/921/921508p1.html

X3350 (3.6GHZ)|4GB of GSkill|500GB + 320GB SATA|ECS GTX 580 |Abit IP35 Pro|Windows 7 64 Ultimate

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 02:35 PM   #7
YellowBeard
is not amused.

YellowBeard knows why the caged bird singsYellowBeard knows why the caged bird singsYellowBeard knows why the caged bird singsYellowBeard knows why the caged bird singsYellowBeard knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I never played the first one, does that matter?

I may have to pick this up.
It's set like 500 years after the events from the first one. I'm pretty sure just reading a synopsis would get you up to speed but I'm thinking even then it's not really required. Can't say anything else as I'm still working now and unable to play the game until sometime at the end of next week thanks to my job. Yippie!
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:03 PM   #8
ZodiacDaR
Viper Pilot

ZodiacDaR is still being judged by the masses

I broke down and pre-ordered it through Gamestop's site a couple days ago, and it should be waiting for me at our local store. I plan on being there for the midnight release and playing a bit before I pass out. Can't wait.
ZodiacDaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 06:37 PM   #9
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Today won't end soon enough.

Though what I heard is that the co-op is kind of limited, meaning you can only play as a henchmen and not your hero when you join someone elses game, and vice versa. Which kind of sucks, but oh well. At least it's in there.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:44 PM   #10
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Today won't end soon enough.

Though what I heard is that the co-op is kind of limited, meaning you can only play as a henchmen and not your hero when you join someone elses game, and vice versa. Which kind of sucks, but oh well. At least it's in there.
Hmm. Thats kind of lame. They were touting the whole steal the wife thing too. I'll have to re-read IGN's review (8.8 here in the states).

Just read this in the review:

Quote:
If you don't want to be a loner, you can use your renown and the expressions in your repertoire to get others to fall in love with you. With a wedding ring and a home to live in, you can get married to any interested man or woman. From there, you can have sex (sadly, no mini-game is included) and have kids if you don't use protection. Yes, there are condoms in Fable II. Unprotected sex leads to STDs and babies. Hopefully not on the same night. If you're a female hero, don't worry -- you won't have to sit around for nine months waiting for junior to pop out. As soon as you're pregnant time warps and the little one is gurgling in a crib next to the bed.

Last edited by Jamar : Oct 20, 2008 at 07:48 PM.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 09:44 PM   #11
Destroy
Rage3D Spammer

Destroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDestroy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Preordered this tonight after work.

Looking forward to see if I like this game at all. <shrug>
Old Oct 20, 2008, 09:44 PM   #12
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ice once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So is the whole "break into house and kill people" thing in this or was that never added?

X3350 (3.6GHZ)|4GB of GSkill|500GB + 320GB SATA|ECS GTX 580 |Abit IP35 Pro|Windows 7 64 Ultimate

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote