Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

"

Old May 27, 2009, 05:34 PM   #481
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Personally have zero interest in displays that don't offer Stereo 3d now. This isn't perfect in its current state but it's here -- offers a ton for immersion -- and looking forward to future generations, more performance and maturity through software/hardware obviously.

Just the ability to improve huds and overlays in some games adds a lot to me and has changed WoW and Age of Empires significantly -- would try to add convergence to nice levels but the huds and overlays were sort of a double image and couldn't read text -- with this solved -- the pop out is insane. Just like to see this addressed in most titles -- if possible -- probably asking for too much but was surprised to see it at all.

It's going to be fun ride to see how this evolves and matures over time and still smile when I see it and enjoy showing it to friends.

Think about it:

Game at lower resolutions
Game with a smaller Screen
Takes a massive hit
Limitations with some cross-talk
Limitations with some in-game settings.
Hud displays, overlays may suffer in some titles.
Added costs

LOL! Loaded with excuses not to and could nit-pick to this to no-end but it's incredible to behold at times and had more WOW moments in a few weeks than I have had in 5 years.

Just when you thought the world and its forums were doomed; a new hero saves the day: http://i26.tinypic.com/okpfs8.jpg
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 05:36 PM   #482
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Well... I'm convinced, it looks like I will be picking this up in the first half of next month.
Old May 27, 2009, 05:39 PM   #483
SirBaron
Rage3D Spammer

SirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
That is my plan as well... hmm... and you say it is totally worth the loss of screen size?
It's 3D or no game with me after having 3D again for the 2nd time. :P

Don't you have tri-sli though? Wont that be a issue?

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 27, 2009, 05:41 PM   #484
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
It's 3D or no game with me after having 3D again for the 2nd time. :P

Don't you have tri-sli though? Wont that be a issue?
Of course it will, but I'm not just going to miss out on 3d. With any luck, nV will figure out the problems.
Old May 27, 2009, 05:59 PM   #485
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Of course it will, but I'm not just going to miss out on 3d. With any luck, nV will figure out the problems.
I knew about the top 2-3 inches of the screen with some ghosting up-front but this is an area of interest with my next monitor purchase. There is a bit on the bottom but using convergence gets rid of most of this.

IT all depends on game but personally like some depth with more convergence -- for the pop out -- if I add too much depth -- the cross-talk is much more noticeable and the fine-art of balancing -- depending on taste -- for each title.

Also been fooling around with adding a bit more negative lod bias to titles -- to really bring out textures considering the 1680 x 1050 per eye really helps clean things..............it's the oddest thing how clean things are and worth repeating because it was so surprising to me.

Just when you thought the world and its forums were doomed; a new hero saves the day: http://i26.tinypic.com/okpfs8.jpg

Last edited by SIrPauly : May 27, 2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old May 28, 2009, 07:14 AM   #486
lumpyhed
nyannyannyannyan

lumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete stranger

Pahni, IZ3Ds next monitor will be a 26" though we have no idea as when it will come out & how it compares to current 24" on a 2D basis.

Last edited by lumpyhed : May 28, 2009 at 07:20 AM.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 11:36 AM   #487
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
Pahni, IZ3Ds next monitor will be a 26" though we have no idea as when it will come out & how it compares to current 24" on a 2D basis.
Don't those monitors have some limitations to resolution or something?
Old May 28, 2009, 01:31 PM   #488
Exposed
Rage3D Veteran

Exposed is still being judged by the masses

Not sure if they have the same limitations. It's basically two LCD screen's in one. And not a bad price for $310 shipped

http://www.buy.com/prod/z3-technolog...209969045.html
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 01:33 PM   #489
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Decided to really try to get rid of cross-talk on top-of-the-screen today and was my goal for the gaming day. To my surprise convergence did get rid of it and transformed the title to something different this time in WoW -- everything was like animated figures this time -- and have read this view -- but now I understand what they were talking about. This feature is all about trade-offs.

Old May 28, 2009, 03:39 PM   #490
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Empire Total War's overlays are not effected by convergence as well and when I added convergence to this title -- look out -- as my jaw dropped.

Old May 29, 2009, 12:57 PM   #491
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Did get to play Crysis in 3D stereo -- while at times was jaw dropping, there were some issues that the rating was only a good rating -- like with the water, etc. It did raise the bar of suspense though as the added depth did change things - when walking in the jungles -- every branch - grass blade, rock --- so different though. Sneaking up on enemies was a hoot in 3d stereo and were the fire fights. This is not a showcase title to me -- certainly a different experience though.

Old May 29, 2009, 09:20 PM   #492
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Well, almost had my first heart attack --- and jumped up in the air backwards and almost out of my chair while playing WoW -- A frigg'n horde jumped at me from the side ( flanked) and had no clue the horde was there ------- totally unexpected and he came out of the screen and my reflexes did take over.

Insane.

Old May 30, 2009, 01:14 AM   #493
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Did get to play Crysis in 3D stereo -- while at times was jaw dropping, there were some issues that the rating was only a good rating -- like with the water, etc. It did raise the bar of suspense though as the added depth did change things - when walking in the jungles -- every branch - grass blade, rock --- so different though. Sneaking up on enemies was a hoot in 3d stereo and were the fire fights. This is not a showcase title to me -- certainly a different experience though.
Way back in the long ago I played through the entirety of Boiling Point in Stereo 3d, and that was seriously a blast, and worked very well with stereo.

You just reminded me of that with the jungle talk.
Old May 30, 2009, 07:42 PM   #494
SirBaron
Rage3D Spammer

SirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled withSirBaron is not someone to be trifled with

Holy crap, not only is wolverine a really fun game with probably one of the best combat systems, it's even more amazing in 3D.

Everything looks great, especially when he's all torn up and you can see everything, plus all the huge draw distances and everything.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:53 PM   #495
HonestJohn
More Brains

HonestJohn is still being judged by the masses

Hey Pauly, Jethro is making you famous ...

http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php...85&postcount=1

PCI/AGP

Diamond Stealth 64
Matrox Mystique 3D
STB Velocity 128
Diamond Viper II Savage 2000
Diamond Viper V550
Creative Labs TNT2
Hercules Stingray 128 3D / 3DFX Voodoo Rush
Creative Labs Geforce 256
Hercules 3D Prophet (Geforce 3)
Creative Annihilator Geforce 2 GTS
PNY Geforce 3
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB
EVGA FX 5900 Ultra 256MB
ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB
EVGA 6800GT 256MB
ATI Radeon X800XT-PE 256MB
ATI Radeon X850XT-PE 256MB
Visiontek X1950 Pro 256MB
Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB
HIS X1950 Pro ICEQ3 Turbo 512MB
Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ Golden Sample GLH Edition
Gecube TEC X1950XT 256MB
XFX 7950 GT 512MB

PCI-E

MSI HD 2900XT 512MB
EVGA SC 8800GT 512MB
EVGA 8800GTS 512MB
HIS HD 4870 512MB
Diamond XOC HD 4870 512MB Black Edition
EVGA GTX 260 SC Core 216 896MB
XFX GTX 285 1GB
XFX HD 5750 1GB
MSI HD 5770 Hawk Twin Frozr 1GB
MSI GTX 470 Twin Frozr II 1280MB
Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3GB

Temporary Cards Used Between Upgrades

Rage 128 Pro - PCI
FX 5200 - AGP
7300 LE - PCI-E

HonestJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:07 AM   #496
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

It blows away 2d and looking forward to maturity and improvements as time passes. However, there are some hurdles, limitations -- and if a mind-set can't handle this or understand this -- then be patient and wait for another generation; to see if things mature.

Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:21 AM   #497
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
Hey Pauly, Jethro is making you famous ...

http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php...85&postcount=1
Read about that move to offer free Stereo with anaglyph glasses -- which is still neat though so many can see 3d stereo at some level -- to see how the added depth at least helps.

Good move!

Old Jun 2, 2009, 08:54 AM   #498
Exposed
Rage3D Veteran

Exposed is still being judged by the masses

Another upcoming competitor to IZ3D and Geforce 3D:
http://www.slashgear.com/lg-23-inch-...video-2744917/

This looks like to be the best monitor of them all, featuring full HD resolution and passively polarized glasses. Time sequential split images, one for each eye. Looks like there's potential for zero ghosting with this type of setup.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:30 PM   #499
HonestJohn
More Brains

HonestJohn is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Read about that move to offer free Stereo with anaglyph glasses -- which is still neat though so many can see 3d stereo at some level -- to see how the added depth at least helps.

Good move!
I would have mentioned it but your so up on this stuff I figured you already knew.

PCI/AGP

Diamond Stealth 64
Matrox Mystique 3D
STB Velocity 128
Diamond Viper II Savage 2000
Diamond Viper V550
Creative Labs TNT2
Hercules Stingray 128 3D / 3DFX Voodoo Rush
Creative Labs Geforce 256
Hercules 3D Prophet (Geforce 3)
Creative Annihilator Geforce 2 GTS
PNY Geforce 3
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB
EVGA FX 5900 Ultra 256MB
ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB
EVGA 6800GT 256MB
ATI Radeon X800XT-PE 256MB
ATI Radeon X850XT-PE 256MB
Visiontek X1950 Pro 256MB
Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB
HIS X1950 Pro ICEQ3 Turbo 512MB
Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ Golden Sample GLH Edition
Gecube TEC X1950XT 256MB
XFX 7950 GT 512MB

PCI-E

MSI HD 2900XT 512MB
EVGA SC 8800GT 512MB
EVGA 8800GTS 512MB
HIS HD 4870 512MB
Diamond XOC HD 4870 512MB Black Edition
EVGA GTX 260 SC Core 216 896MB
XFX GTX 285 1GB
XFX HD 5750 1GB
MSI HD 5770 Hawk Twin Frozr 1GB
MSI GTX 470 Twin Frozr II 1280MB
Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3GB

Temporary Cards Used Between Upgrades

Rage 128 Pro - PCI
FX 5200 - AGP
7300 LE - PCI-E

HonestJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:45 PM   #500
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

It's good for the thread though and glad you mentioned it. It would be nice to see cheaper prices for 120hz screens and a reduction of the stereo 3d shutter glasses so more end-users may try; to see for themselves.

It's so hard to explain in words the difference; it is stark and massive the difference. So much more than what AA/AF did or 32-bit over 16-bit -- so much more than what a few new features may do or even raising the resolution -- the only thing that it may be similar to is when we jumped from software more to 3d.

It's still not perfect and to be objective one must raise this -- but the key is it may finally be here now moving forward -- to finally improve it. Every person I showed it to smiled.

Old Jun 2, 2009, 02:52 PM   #501
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d_vision_discover.html

They also changed the 3d vision page, too.

Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:26 AM   #502
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm still hanging out for specs-free 3D. There are some displays that will be making an appearance later this year and next year...
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2009, 02:16 PM   #503
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/802862...nv_060209.html

I'm really looking forward to see how far James Cameron can help push 3d stereo with future movies and games.

Old Jun 5, 2009, 02:29 PM   #504
lumpyhed
nyannyannyannyan

lumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete strangerlumpyhed once held a door open for a complete stranger

New 186.08 are out with integrated 3D Vision support. Will have to do thisto make em work though.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 02:46 PM   #505
SirBaron
Rage3D Spammer

So it looks like they are going to combine both drivers, about time I say :P.

Old Jun 8, 2009, 04:30 PM   #506
pahncrd

Subscriber

Guess who just bought a 3d vision bundle ya bastards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001311
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824994036

Free shipping.

I should have the thing by Friday. If it isn't as good as you all say it is, I'll shank your ass in the shower.

I pretty much know what to expect.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 04:46 PM   #507
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

It's good -- but not perfect. There are areas I am looking for improvements and going to have fun with this though.

If someone is under the illusion of "ideal" or "perfect" this kind of mind-set may not be pleased. But if some one is experience driven and understands balances, tweaking and a little patience -- they may really like it.

Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:17 PM   #508
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
It's good -- but not perfect. There are areas I am looking for improvements and going to have fun with this though.

If someone is under the illusion of "ideal" or "perfect" this kind of mind-set may not be pleased. But if some one is experience driven and understands balances, tweaking and a little patience -- they may really like it.

Tell me it will be perfect dammit, or I am coming to get your ass and do things to it!!!!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:28 PM   #509
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Hehe, no thanks!

Will be looking forward to what you think actually!

Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:44 PM   #510
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Hehe, no thanks!

Will be looking forward to what you think actually!
I am curious to see how it stacks up to the older school e-dimensional kit I had before.

Any word whether they ever plan on getting sli and 3d stereo to work together? Physx and 3d stereo works right?

Is that Samsung monitor the best there is for this stuff? I didn't see any others around.