Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Off-Topic Forums » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

"

Old Sep 5, 2008, 06:05 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kepler
Rage3D Spammer

kepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Why am I constantly unconsciously clenching my fists?

For the last six months or so I keep finding myself with my fist clenched. It happens at all times during the day, and seems to have little to do with what I'm actually doing at the time. I'm just as likely to be doing it while sat in bed watching tv as I am at work. I've just caught myself for the fourth time today and my hand is aching like mad.

Does anyone else do this?
The Dahiya doctrine is a military strategy put forth by the Israeli general Gadi Eizenkot that pertains to asymmetric warfare in an urban setting, in which the army deliberately targets civilian infrastructure, as a means of inducing suffering for the civilian population, thereby establishing deterrence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 06:14 AM   #2
wabbitslayer
Public Offender

wabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channelwabbitslayer once jumped the English Channel

your hand is very lonely and wants you to put something in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 06:19 AM   #3
xCLAVEx
Gone

xCLAVEx is still being judged by the masses

I have had a problem with clenching my jaw throughout most of my life. All I can say is that it is a nervous habit to help deal with stress. In both our cases, it is one we'd like to stop but find it difficult if near impossible to do so. You get a sore hand, I get a headache.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 5, 2008, 06:19 AM   #4
Skynet
Babulerman Apprentice

Skynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSkynet kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I don't think the hand is the lonely one
Old Sep 5, 2008, 06:58 AM   #5
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'caveman-jim once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

what does P_P think of this constant fisting?
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 07:11 AM   #6
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Mr_Skinny is still being judged by the masses

Sounds like some form of stress to me.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 08:13 AM   #7
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badgesOzzieBloke doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Anxiety/stress.
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you shake it all about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn around, and that's probably the first sign you suffer from severe OCD.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 08:15 AM   #8
Spyder
-=-=-=-=-=-

Spyder is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 08:51 AM   #9
MasterGoa
Want what you have!

MasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMasterGoa kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
For the last six months or so I keep finding myself with my fist clenched. It happens at all times during the day, and seems to have little to do with what I'm actually doing at the time. I'm just as likely to be doing it while sat in bed watching tv as I am at work. I've just caught myself for the fourth time today and my hand is aching like mad.

Does anyone else do this?
Maybe you realize you are just not into PP anymore and has buyers remorse.

MasterGoa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 09:04 AM   #10
monkeydust
Rage3D Spammer

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Maybe you realize you are just not into PP anymore and has buyers remorse.

/in before the Pink_Pants thread lock
EVGA GTX 670 SC
Intel G2 160GB & 120GB & 240GB SSD
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:03 AM   #11
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyASCI Blue can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Maybe you're like that latest chinese guy and just need to masturbate....on bus.....facing a window.....

/in before the Pink_Pants thread lock +2

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:05 AM   #12
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

stress manifests itself in the body ... most of the time in the upper shoulder area and the jaw ... but i would imagine clenched fists would also indicate this.

i recommend a 60 min professional massage and try some meditation.

i do it 4 times a year (professional massage) ... i consider it a tune up for my body and at around a dollar a minute ... the best way to spend my money
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:30 AM   #13
dreamwalker
friendly?

dreamwalker can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydreamwalker can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydreamwalker can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yea no kidding. Stress.

Thankfully, they make something for people like you -- they're called Squeeze Balls, or 'Stress Balls'.

dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:23 AM   #14
RFtinkerer
Not with it

RFtinkerer knows why the caged bird singsRFtinkerer knows why the caged bird singsRFtinkerer knows why the caged bird singsRFtinkerer knows why the caged bird singsRFtinkerer knows why the caged bird sings

^ I have 3 stress balls on my desk for this very reason.

(They don't like it when I squeeze my own balls at work.)
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:25 PM   #15
lumpyhed
nyannyannyannyan

lumpyhed can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylumpyhed can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylumpyhed can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
+virtuarep!
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:38 PM   #16
kepler
Rage3D Spammer

kepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkepler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
cheeky

Thanks for the input fellas. I thought it was stress but I was curious to know if there were any other reasons that people may have heard of. I have reason to worry about MS, so I suppose it's good there's a fair concensus opposing that.

The Dahiya doctrine is a military strategy put forth by the Israeli general Gadi Eizenkot that pertains to asymmetric warfare in an urban setting, in which the army deliberately targets civilian infrastructure, as a means of inducing suffering for the civilian population, thereby establishing deterrence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:41 PM   #17
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
Yea no kidding. Stress.

Thankfully, they make something for people like you -- they're called Squeeze Balls, or 'Stress Balls'.

Those made me cringe a little bit

Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:46 PM   #18
mbeeston
Luna'tic Gamer

mbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymbeeston can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

stress or rage, i clench my fists al the time

i good drinking binge would help, or the stress balls
RIP Joe 'Vengeance' Rupe
"you can't end a good party without someone on the floor" - Yusuke Urameshi
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
"if the ocean was whiskey and i was a duck, i'd swim to the bottom and drink my way up" - crag
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 02:20 PM   #19
.nox
Dis Spear

.nox once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'.nox once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'.nox once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'.nox once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'.nox once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'.nox once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Try some stress balls...

Use a condom. You never know how many Jay-Z's have been in there.. :bleh: - KickAssCop
.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:33 PM   #20
Psionic
black hole sun

Psionic is still being judged by the masses

You are unconsciously preparing for a fight.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:34 PM   #21
RFtinkerer
Not with it

RFtinkerer knows why the caged bird singsRFtinkerer knows why the caged bird singsRFtinkerer knows why the caged bird singsRFtinkerer knows why the caged bird singsRFtinkerer knows why the caged bird sings

Too much time in P&R.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:36 PM   #22
-n7-
Rage3D Veteran

-n7- is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post

Quote:

I'm sure there's some underlying reasons, but i'm no shrink.

n7

n7
-n7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:40 PM   #23
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic View Post
You are unconsciously preparing for a fight.
I do this. But I never have anyone to fight, so then it leads to stress, then depression and then I realize its all Alientanks fault so I feel better.

To Play List: Everything else

Last edited by zebra 204 : Sep 7, 2008 at 09:06 PM.
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:17 PM   #24
Alientank
Mr. Pinch point

Alientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badgesAlientank doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I do the clenched jaw thing now. I apparently chomp my teeth in my sleep as well, it gives me a headache, I should really do something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:19 PM   #25
switchAMG
Rage3D Alpha

switchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badgesswitchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badgesswitchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badgesswitchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badgesswitchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badgesswitchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badgesswitchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badgesswitchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badgesswitchAMG doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Its a trait with Autism, maybe you are an idiot savant andy.
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:25 PM   #26
SixtySeven
play loud!

SixtySeven is still being judged by the masses

Ass fister in a previous life?
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:12 PM   #27
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchWRX View Post
Its a trait with Autism, maybe you are an idiot savant andy.