Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 15, 2008, 04:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Hybrid Power Guide and Investigation

Most SLI users and high end enthusiasts can appreciate the growing power and heat requirements of the high end enthusiast market. This is an area HybridPower™ aims to provide much needed alleviation to this problem. When there are 3 Way and Quad SLI setups out there capable of pulling anywhere from 160 to 250 watts the question comes to mind. Do you really need your high end SLI setups to power your internet browsing experience where you will spend likely half of your PC usage?

Hybrid Power Guide and Investigation
Old May 15, 2008, 04:47 PM   #2
ChrisRay
1983 - 2010

ChrisRay is still being judged by the masses

Thanks Lupine

--

|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.2 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

My only worry is the drivers, I havent had a warm fuzzy feeling about Nvidias Vista drivers for along time. Althought the experince of having the 8800GTX in my laptop my persuade me to go green once again.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2008, 05:08 AM   #4
AlexV
Radeon Northern Islands

AlexV is still being judged by the masses

Good job.
AlexV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 06:28 AM   #5
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth Bauglir View Post
Good job.
Yes, indeed.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

This is fairly exciting technology, and addresses one of the main hurdles (the other being cost) that has kept me from considering SLI / Crossfire configurations for my own gaming rigs. Frankly, I don't have much time for gaming, so it simply doesn't make sense to have multiple discrete cards installed for my daily usage.
Old May 18, 2008, 08:07 PM   #7
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

My only concern is will or will there not be a DDR2 version of the next nVidia Hybrid Intel board.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote