Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old May 7, 2008, 11:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
The Cpt.
iddqd

The Cpt. is still being judged by the masses

Default problem copying large files to external HD

why is it that when i am trying to copy a 5gb file to a 500gb external HD (w/ more than 50% free space) i get an error saying:
"the file is too large for the destination file system"

quite annoying

appreciate the help

the cpt.

Btw... the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

xfire
The Cpt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2008, 12:03 AM   #2
traitoR
Galactic Butterfly

traitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete stranger

The dream of eternal life is far more compelling than living one.
traitoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 04:24 AM   #3
benjy355
Rawr

benjy355 is still being judged by the masses

If you don't want to reformat that HDD, you could always pack it into a split rar file. (Uncompressed too)

Visit the Roflbox
benjy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 14, 2008, 07:55 AM   #4
The Cpt.
iddqd

yes that helps. sorry for the late reply . been busy lately.
i figured that was it.
i knew it was FAT32 when i first plugged it in. i didnt think it would be that big of a problem. but now that i have almost 50% filled i dont wanna reformat. i just dont have enough time

thanks again.

Btw... the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

xfire
Old May 14, 2008, 01:33 PM   #5
The Cpt.
iddqd

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
just finished.
works!
thanks a lot

xfire