Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

"

Old Apr 29, 2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Microsoft XBOX MS say NO to Portal on XBLA

Valve have revealed that MS rejected an attempt to get Portal on the XBLA for download. They say that they'd love to sell it on live but that "the platform holders aren't doing that right now. There's a size limit and all kinds of other things." "We've asked them, we said we were open to it. So it's a decision for the platform holder and how they want to make the games available and how much bandwidth they want to [allow]." said the marketing director at Valve. Valve however believe that they should be able to work it out with MS and we we will see it on Live one day.

But Lombardi did hint that something might be possible in the future: "I think it's a trade-off, we'll see it one day.

"It always happens once it's been proven and I think it's been proven now on Steam, so I'm sure it'll migrate back to the consoles just like everything else does."

Source

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)

Last edited by klutzon : Apr 29, 2008 at 05:19 PM.
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Unicron
Rage3D Veteran

Unicron is still being judged by the masses

Microsoft's gaming division seems to be run by suits not gamers it seems.

Although I think digital distribution of games on the consoles has a long way to go considering something like 50-60% of 360/PS3 are online ?

Not to mention retailers would get pissy over this. I know Sony took some flak from retailers for selling Warhawk in stores and on PSN. That's why the PSN version is never cheaper.
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:06 PM   #3
Dandingo
Momma says I'm big boned.

Dandingo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
Nintendo and Sony's game divisions are run by gamers? IMO, Microsoft is the most "gamer" friendly gaming company when it comes to content........XBOX LIVE ARCADE beats the pants off of anything on the PSN......I do love Super Stardust HD though.
EVGA GeForce GTX 285 (648/1476/2484)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

[XBOX 360 250GB Slim + Kinect] [PS3 Slim 160GB]
Dandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Hidavi
Six Figga Nig... nvm

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandingo View Post
Nintendo and Sony's game divisions are run by gamers? IMO, Microsoft is the most "gamer" friendly gaming company when it comes to content........XBOX LIVE ARCADE beats the pants off of anything on the PSN......I do love Super Stardust HD though.
QFT
XCOM Enemy Within (PC)
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 03:17 AM   #5
badboy
RIP Paul Gray

badboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete strangerbadboy once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Although I think digital distribution of games on the consoles has a long way to go considering something like 50-60% of 360/PS3 are online ?

Not to mention retailers would get pissy over this. I know Sony took some flak from retailers for selling Warhawk in stores and on PSN. That's why the PSN version is never cheaper.
Warhawk was cheaper on psn in sweden

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:20 AM   #6
spajdr
gone...

spajdr is still being judged by the masses

I want STEAM for xbox 360
| Enermax Platimax 600W | Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl |

spajdr is offline   Reply With Quote