Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:02 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Default Nvidia Forceware 174.82

Last edited by Pirate Neilsouth : Apr 6, 2008 at 07:05 AM.
Pirate Neilsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:05 AM   #2
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

screw loadsamoney thx neil

i was begining to worry nvidia leaked drivers will stop coming

trying out right away.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:06 AM   #3
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
screw loadsamoney thx neil
Lol
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:12 AM   #4
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:46 AM   #5
Arghuin
Nexus 6

Arghuin is still being judged by the masses

Good find!

A bit more info: original driver was for Sager notebooks.

More threads discussing those drivers at:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...79#post1618279
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=258566
Arghuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:27 AM   #6
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

OK, let me ask my usual question:

"Is this the driver that gets AA working on Timeshift and/or Blacksite?"

Now to another issue:

On my rig CoD4 AA only works with the 174.16 driver. Can anyone else shed some light on this for me? Have you gotten AA in CoD4 with the 174.74 (or other) driver?
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:33 AM   #7
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
OK, let me ask my usual question:

"Is this the driver that gets AA working on Timeshift and/or Blacksite?"

Now to another issue:

On my rig CoD4 AA only works with the 174.16 driver. Can anyone else shed some light on this for me? Have you gotten AA in CoD4 with the 174.74 (or other) driver?
uninstalled timeshift since i've beaten it, cod 4 not installed either, so don't think i'm holding out on answers
i'm thinking of reinstalling cod 4 though, cause i never finished it, so if I do i'll report back.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:34 AM   #8
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
uninstalled timeshift since i've beaten it, cod 4 not installed either, so don't think i'm holding out on answers
i'm thinking of reinstalling cod 4 though, cause i never finished it, so if I do i'll report back.
Thank you! But I thought you and I were the official Timeshift AA testers so how come you uninstalled.

Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:03 PM   #9
Kowan
Older than dirt

Kowan is still being judged by the masses

Get a bigger hard drive. Stop uninstalling the good games.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:05 PM   #10
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowan View Post
Get a bigger hard drive. Stop uninstalling the good games.
Yes indeed! +rep.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:56 AM   #11
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Thank you! But I thought you and I were the official Timeshift AA testers so how come you uninstalled.

yeah i just have a feeling timeshift AA won't be around for a while, and no one is playing multiplayer, and COD 4 isn't among my top games, I just wanna finish the campaign so I am reinstaling it today.so in a 5-6 hours i'll know if AA works.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:17 PM   #12
Kowan
Older than dirt

I just installed TS. You saying the in-game AA settings don't work?
I haven't started playing it yet. No time.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:36 PM   #13
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Pirate, please let me know when there is an official whql driver for 8-series.
Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:45 PM   #14
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:52 PM   #15
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
they are for 9 series, and they are not on nvidia website for 8 series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:38 PM   #16
HonestJohn
More Brains

HonestJohn is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
You can download the Non-WHQL 174.74 Betas dated March, 27, 2008, directly from Nvidia and they're for all cards. Working just fine for me at the moment with the games I play.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Last edited by HonestJohn : Apr 7, 2008 at 09:42 PM.
HonestJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:36 PM   #17
Kowan
Older than dirt

Yep, I'm running the 174.74 betas with good results so far.
At least the Control Panel game profile AA works unlike the WHQL for the 8 series.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 06:27 PM   #18
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I just installed TS. You saying the in-game AA settings don't work?
There is no in game AA in Timeshift.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:01 AM   #19
Kowan
Older than dirt

Oh, must have been wishful thinking on my part. I opened the options long enough to see AF and thought AA settings also offered.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 09:13 AM   #20
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Oh, must have been wishful thinking on my part. I opened the options long enough to see AF and thought AA settings also offered.
Right, AF is there but AA must be forced on. There was one nV driver that would do it (old one) but none of the newer ones seem to be able to do it.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:33 PM   #21
acroig
Troll SMod

Update:

I just tried the 174.82s and I'm getting full AA in CoD 4 and in older games like System Shock 2. AA profiles are also working.

Thanks to Ganja for the help and, as usual, Neil for the driver link.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:36 PM   #22
GanjaStar
Jalouise

glad to see its working for ya

let's see how much longer till the next driver leak, i've become so spoiled, a few days without new drivers and i start cursing nvidia
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:43 PM   #23
AlexV
Radeon Northern Islands

AlexV is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
There is no in game AA in Timeshift.
Actually, multisampling is mentioned in the ini, but adjusting the value has no effect ingame. I think they ran out of time and never implemented it.
AlexV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 06:23 PM   #24
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth Bauglir View Post
Actually, multisampling is mentioned in the ini, but adjusting the value has no effect ingame. I think they ran out of time and never implemented it.
Correct. I have tried to change that to no effect. Still, there was a 160 series nV driver that was able to do AA in Timeshift so hope remains.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 06:23 PM   #25
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
glad to see its working for ya
Thanks. This driver does it all for me so I'll stick with it for a while.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 07:08 PM   #26
AlexV
Radeon Northern Islands

AlexV is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Correct. I have tried to change that to no effect. Still, there was a 160 series nV driver that was able to do AA in Timeshift so hope remains.
Didn't know that...cool.
AlexV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 07:48 PM   #27
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth Bauglir View Post
Didn't know that...cool.
More info, if interested (thanks nomore).

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=132