Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Default Nvidia Forceware 174.40

The 174.40 is dated on February 28th and features support for the GeForce 9600 GT and the soon to be released 9800 GTX

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=18645&catid=3

WINXP 32BIT
WIN VISTA 32BIT

Need a modified inf though

BETA DRIVERS
Old Mar 12, 2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Now fully working 174.40 XP 32bit modded .inf

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2jxym0xdi9

Thanks once again to Loadsamoney
Old Mar 12, 2008, 04:53 PM   #3
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Any vista x64 support?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 12, 2008, 05:33 PM   #4
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Any vista x64 support?
You mean like these?

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...post1335386708
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 05:49 AM   #5
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

in crysis 1600x1200 I went from

AVG 29
MIN 22.5
MAX 33

to

AVG 30.5
MIN 24.2
MAX 35.2

sounds nice to me.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 05:55 AM   #6
Pirate Neilsouth

These drivers are nice in sins of a solar empire aswell
Old Mar 13, 2008, 06:00 AM   #7
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
These drivers are nice in sins of a solar empire aswell
No FPS worries there
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:01 PM   #8
Pirate Neilsouth

Hmmm , one of my games are jerky atleast the animation is
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:28 PM   #9
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Hmmm , one of my games are jerky atleast the animation is
is it ghost hunter? casue i'm thinking of getting that..
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:45 PM   #10
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
is it ghost hunter? casue i'm thinking of getting that..
Yeh , though i think it was related to me alt tabbing and going back to the game.

Still a damn good game though , but it can be fustrating finding the next clue
Old Mar 13, 2008, 02:30 PM   #11
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Yeh , though i think it was related to me alt tabbing and going back to the game.

Still a damn good game though , but it can be fustrating finding the next clue
Have you tried disabling threded optimizations? I was getting random stuttering in penumbra games until I disabled it.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 02:53 PM   #12
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Have you tried disabling threded optimizations? I was getting random stuttering in penumbra games until I disabled it.
That option in the nvidia control panel? , cool ok i'll disable it. The stuttering only happens when i alt tab , strange
Old Mar 14, 2008, 03:17 AM   #13
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Well I'm reverting back to 174.31, whenever I play crysis, and then go into another game I get either a BSOD, or the game freezes and lets me exit, but I have to reboot to get driver functionality back.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:47 AM   #14
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The 174.16s and 31s seem the most stable.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:52 PM   #15
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The 174.16s and 31s seem the most stable.
agreed. Also before i uninstalled 174.40, i got rainbow artifacting in Timeshift. (I'm at the snow level after the zepellin ride loving the quads)

I never got artifacts before or after the 170.40's but it scared me that HR-03 plus was not worthy anymore

I hope there will be an offical 174 driver, cause the speed they bring is awesome, I can't imagine going back to 169's.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Mar 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 03:04 PM   #16
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I hope there will be an offical 174 driver, cause the speed they bring is awesome, I can't imagine going back to 169's.
By the looks of things they have to clean up a bit.