Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

"

Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestacroig considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default First GeForce 9 series GPU to be launched on Feb 21

"Nvidia is planning to launch its first GeForce 9 series graphics chip, the GeForce 9600 GT (G94), for the mid-range market on February 21, according to sources at graphics card makers.

The 9600 GT adopts a 65nm process and is manufactured by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC). The GPU sees an increase in processing units, 64, and memory bus width, 256-bit, over previous 8600 GTS cards, 32 and 128-bit. The GPU's performance should see an increase of over 40% compared to the 8600 GTS, said the sources.

The new GPU also introduces Dual-Streaming Decode technology which allows two high-definition image decoding processes to be performed at the same time and provides picture in picture (PIP) functionality.

GeForce 9600 GT graphics cards will be priced at around US$169-189, with GeForce 8600 GTS pricing expected to be adjusted to the US$139-149 range, revealed the sources.

However, some graphics card makers are expected to delay their GeForce 9600 shipments by 2-3 weeks due the recent discovery of a bug in the initial 9600 chips relating to power supply. Although Nvidia has already corrected the issue, makers will still need time to rework on their designs.

In additional news, the sources updated that Nvidia's new generation high-end GPU, the GeForce 9800 GX2 has been delayed to the end of February or the beginning of March from its original schedule of mid-February.

Nvidia declined the opportunity to respond saying it cannot comment on unannounced products."

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20080219PD213.html
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:24 AM   #2
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

Is Nvidia stacking products? Where does the 8800gs which is also sub $200 fall into the mix?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:34 AM   #3
razor1
Rage3D Veteran

razor1 is still being judged by the masses

think the gs is going to be dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_guy View Post
What exactly do you think would happen if you *did* connect a large load? The arrival of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Contrast that with the GT300 approach. There is no dedicated tesselator, and if you use that DX11 feature, it will take large amounts of shader time, used inefficiently as is the case with general purpose hardware. You will then need the same shaders again to render the triangles. 250K to 1 Million triangles on the GT300 should be notably slower than straight 1 Million triangles.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1137331/a-look-nvidia-gt300-architecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corum Jhaelen Irsei View Post
and you tell me I am in for a suprise? It is the FX; Late, hot, needing insane clock rates for its size. You have yet to show even one of my posts wrong.
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:44 AM   #4
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There like stop-gap product offerings 'till the product like this new chip hit the market place to replace it.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:08 AM   #5
Dave
King of Manchesville

Dave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmDave achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

wait what? a mid ranged card with a 256bit bus? NEVAR!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:18 AM   #6
traitoR
Galactic Butterfly

traitoR can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultytraitoR can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think their product lineup is getting a little congested .... convoluted as well with all these different versions.
traitoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Arghuin
Nexus 6

Arghuin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
I think their product lineup is getting a little congested .... convoluted as well with all these different versions.
That's the thing though; the 8800gs was supposed to be a 'stop-gap' solution, available in limited numbers and for a limited amount of time until the 9600gt became available. So, as far as nVidia are concerned, no congestion there
Arghuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:43 PM   #8
SteadVéx
Rage3D Veteran

SteadVéx is still being judged by the masses

Mid range, with 256bit, well now i'm tempted by this
SteadVéx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:53 PM   #9
jimjobob
Rage3D Veteran

jimjobob can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjimjobob can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i saw 3 9600gt's for sale at best buy on saturday already so i would say they already launched it.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:58 PM   #10
Greasy
Rage3D Spammer

Greasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGreasy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Give me a 9800GTX that's 20% faster than the ultra, and I'll step up both my GTs. Otherwise I don't think I'll bother.
Greasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:15 PM   #11
Puffnstuff
Radeon HD 6870

Puffnstuff is still being judged by the masses

I just saw an article at the INQ which stated that the 9800 was delayed.
Loop 1: EVGA x58 E760 i7 930, HK 3.0 cpu block, EK chipset block and dual bay res, swiftech mcp655 pump, feser xchanger 360 rad, scythe ultra kaze 4 fan controller w/kaze 3k fans, bitspower and feser fittings galore, distilled water w/primochill liquid utopia
Loop 2: Bitspower 150 res, feser x480 rad, scythe ultra kaze 4 fan controller and 3k fans, mcp655 pump with bp top, koolance uv blue tubing, evga gtx 480's with ek nickel plated blocks in parallel using koolance dual vid connectors, bp and feser fittings, distilled water w/primochill liquid utopia
Puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote