Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Default Forceware 174.12 Beta's

Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Any good? Does it have the GPU fan issue? Any word on the next official release from NV?
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:48 AM   #3
metalfatigueca
Radeon R420

metalfatigueca is still being judged by the masses

gee, no vista 64 bit love yet again.

you would think these need the most work??
metalfatigueca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:13 PM   #4
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The pirate strikes again! Thanks, Neil!
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2008, 03:33 PM   #5
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

crysis performance is up for me, performance in high geometry areas is up a few fps. woot. hopefully this is just the start

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2008, 03:34 PM   #6
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
crysis performance is up for me, performance in high geometry areas is up a few fps. woot. hopefully this is just the start
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be installing these shortly.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 03:37 PM   #7
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

did a single gpu test, and got an avg of 39 fps in the gpu flyby at 1600x900 all high settings which imo is pretty damn impressive. at 1920x1200 sli got 45 fps which is up from the 41 i use to get.

Old Feb 17, 2008, 03:37 PM   #8
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
did a single gpu test, and got an avg of 39 fps in the gpu flyby at 1600x900 all high settings which imo is pretty damn impressive.
I agree! BRB after I install.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 04:33 PM   #9
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Feb 17, 2008, 05:43 PM   #10
acroig
Troll SMod

No forced AA still on Blacksite or Timeshift as far as I can tell.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 05:43 PM   #11
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Cool stuff
Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:09 AM   #12
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It's raining drivers! OHOHo It's raining drivers.

For the past few weeks i change dirvers like socks.

Good job Nvidia!

EDIT:

Crysis benchie just for kicks:

V-SYNC ON

1600x1200 noAA
AVG 35.59
MIN 26.20
MAX 43.86

1600x1200 noAA
AVG 35.30
MIN 27.27
MAX 43.20

1600x1200 2AA
AVG 30.18
MIN 23.95
MAX 37.95

1600x1200 2AA
AVG 29.91
MIN 23.85
MAX 37.92
=========================

Does anyone else hate the new game profiles look? you cn't even use the keyboard to quick find titles.And "only programs found on the computer" finds nothing for me.. same for all the 17x drivers

Last edited by GanjaStar : Feb 18, 2008 at 06:35 AM.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:32 AM   #13
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

And those were some nice impressive posts ya shared about the Geometry aspect, too. A lot better than blanket views based on canned benches, hehe!
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:44 AM   #14
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
Does anyone else hate the new game profiles look? you cn't even use the keyboard to quick find titles.And "only programs found on the computer" finds nothing for me.. same for all the 17x drivers
nhancer FTW!
Old Feb 18, 2008, 01:29 PM   #15
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
nhancer FTW!
nhancer doesn't like some of my older games. But I guess its always a trade off.

As for the 174.12's, I uninstalled them bacause they gave me the same annoying bug twice today. The screen would go black, and all i could do was restart the computer. It happened after exiting Timeshift and once when i was setting up stuff in the CP. Back to 172.23 with their yummy crysis performance.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:31 PM   #16
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
nhancer doesn't like some of my older games. But I guess its always a trade off.

As for the 174.12's, I uninstalled them bacause they gave me the same annoying bug twice today. The screen would go black, and all i could do was restart the computer. It happened after exiting Timeshift and once when i was setting up stuff in the CP. Back to 172.23 with their yummy crysis performance.
Like what games does nHancer give you problems with?

I had the black screen issue with the 171.16s but I have yet to see it with the 174.12s.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:48 PM   #17
weeds
Radeon R300

weeds is still being judged by the masses

weeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 02:49 PM   #18
Pirate Neilsouth

^ Sure some will be pleased with that!
Old Feb 18, 2008, 05:10 PM   #19
HonestJohn
More Brains

HonestJohn is still being judged by the masses

Thanks Pirate. Tried these out with everything from Return to Castle Wolfenstein to Bioshock and so far so good. At least they haven't broken anything so far. Although the setup appeared to crash with a black screen and blinking cursor, on reboot they worked fine however.

Last edited by HonestJohn : Feb 18, 2008 at 09:25 PM.
HonestJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:05 PM   #20
Kowan
Older than dirt

Kowan is still being judged by the masses

Vista 64 bit.
http://www.electronicpunk.com/forcew...ista64_PHK.zip
Fan control set at 60% default for my GTX's again. Game Profile settings work.
So far, so good.

It did prompt for a reboot to enable SLI when older versions never needed a reboot.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 04:44 AM   #21
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Like what games does nHancer give you problems with?

I had the black screen issue with the 171.16s but I have yet to see it with the 174.12s.
I think it's just the sheer amount of options included, and I set something I shouldn't. Messiah, Descent 3, SIN 1 are the games i couldn't get running until i uninstalled nhancer and reinstalled drivers. They worked fine before installing nhancer and tinkering with it .
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:50 AM   #22
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

I forgot about that game -- - Descent..........that was fun back then
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 03:59 PM   #23
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

bigtabs is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowan View Post
YFD!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:44 PM   #24
ready2rumbelX
InSaneX

ready2rumbelX is still being judged by the masses

Isn't RivaTuner better than nHancer (aside for the SLi functionality)?

Anyway, what are some of the new features/updates with these drivers? (I'm using a 7900 GS, so I don't know if these drivers, and onwards, are really gonna make such a difference for me )

r2rX

-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz
-Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard
-2x2GB DDR2 G.Skill PC-6400 (@ 850Mhz) RAM (4-4-4-11)
-Western Digital 500GB + Seagate 1.5TB SATA II HDD
-MSI GTX 480 1536 MB GDDR 5 (850/1700/8000)
-Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) + Ubuntu 10.10 (x64)
-Realtek HD (ALC899A) w/ Creative PC Works 5.1
-2 x L.G DVD/CD-RW Combo - GSA-H62N
ready2rumbelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:09 PM   #25
metalfatigueca
Radeon R420

metalfatigueca is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowan View Post
Vista 64 bit.
http://www.electronicpunk.com/forcew...ista64_PHK.zip
Fan control set at 60% default for my GTX's again. Game Profile settings work.
So far, so good.

It did prompt for a reboot to enable SLI when older versions never needed a reboot.
*smooch*
metalfatigueca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 06:55 PM   #26
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2rumbelX View Post
Isn't RivaTuner better than nHancer (aside for the SLi functionality)?
Different tools for different jobs. nHancer just does game profiles (AA, AF, other settings) while RT deals with hardware control (Fan, OC, etc.).

I don't think you'll see any more performace from your 7900. Maybe game compatibility fixes.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:53 AM   #27
Grov
Death Comes For You

Grov is still being judged by the masses

Are these worth installing on a single 8800GTX?
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:53 AM   #28
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grov View Post
In a word: YES!
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:59 AM   #29
|-|ahaha
Radeon R520

|-|ahaha is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
Any good? Does it have the GPU fan issue? Any word on the next official release from NV?
Dunno if it is the same as yours, but with my 7800gt under XP the fan stays at 100% after resuming the computer from sleep. The last driver that did not had this issue was the 93.71
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:22 AM   #30
HonestJohn
More Brains

HonestJohn is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grov View Post
In two words: Most Definitely
HonestJohn is offline   Reply With Quote