Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:48 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
racofer
Radeon R100

racofer is still being judged by the masses

Default CCC 7.12, 8.1 and 8.2 color issue.

I'm having a strange issue since cats 7.12 with CCC in regards to color adjustments. I've my desktop brightness set to a lower value (-15) and my fullscreen3d brightness set at default value of 0 (zero). With previous drivers, whenever I launched a game it would apply the default brightness levels and when I closed the game it would revert back to my defined value of -15. But since 7.12 whenever I use a D3D application it forgets to apply my desktop values and stays with brightness set to zero, but as soon as I open CCC it seems to "remember" to apply my settings. Oddly enough, this issue doesn't happen with OpenGL games. Also if I use ATT instead, everything works as it should.

Has anyone experience this kind of issue and/or have a solution?

I'm using WinXP SP2 with a x1600pro card.
racofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Ourasi
Radeon R200

Ourasi is still being judged by the masses

Same here, one wonders how the beta testers could have missed this 3 times in a row......
Ourasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Big P

Big P is still being judged by the masses

same here also
Big P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 16, 2008, 11:39 AM   #4
racofer
Radeon R100

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that with these same drivers KotOR became unplayable. Performance is terrible (bellow 20fps all the time), the game takes ages to load and theres severe graphical corruption with motion blur effects (force speed). I'm still stuck with 7.11 because of all this. I even tried contacting them but to no avail.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:40 PM   #5
speedy2008

speedy2008 is still being judged by the masses

Same here aswell. But Ive emailed ati about it, so with a bit of luck it will be fixed in the next release, if they take any notice to my messege.
speedy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 08:50 PM   #6
L7RR
Radeon R100

L7RR is still being judged by the masses

Guess how bad this issue is with crossfire? First, You have to find two monitors or monitor with two inputs and then change both cards 3D colors AND desktop colors so both cards have same settings in 3D and desktop. And then turn crossfire on and remove other monitor or jack.

In worst possible scenario, after playing a game you have to turn crossfire again off and go to color settings so that other card realise your color settins again. Then turn crossfire on again. If you don't do this your games flickers from default color to adjusted color in every other frame. What a lightshow I must say!

I really think we have seen worst drivers ever -three times in a row. Not to mention absolutely worst beta testing too, of course.
I even think there's no beta testing at all in ati/amd. Or at least there shouldn't be beta testing, if there's bugs like these.
L7RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 08:58 PM   #7
L7RR
Radeon R100

L7RR is still being judged by the masses

And btw. I informed ATI about this CCC color issue in december. Then in January, plus handfull of other issues (tearing, shaking, flickering and shimmering in CF). And after 8.2 I just don't care anymore. Those 15% of us who use Vista should be happy because every effort from Ati are going for Vista support -because harware reviewers use Vista.
L7RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 10:04 PM   #8
racofer
Radeon R100

All I know is that by the middle of this year I plan on upgrading my rig, and for my own surprise, Intel and nVidia are looking like the best option. I never thought it would happen again.
Old May 23, 2008, 12:50 PM   #9
sniiki

sniiki is still being judged by the masses

Cmon Ati **ckers fix this already!
sniiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 11:42 PM   #10
kubikari

kubikari is still being judged by the masses

Since 7.12,I have this problem so long time,too.
Immediate aftermath of boot WinXP,Seemingly there is nothing problem.Catalyst is amenable dog.
But after run some games(DirectX/OpenGL/Glide) Catalyst start to neglect my color setting.
Once he get dementia,I have been forced Re-Open or Close CCC till reboot Windows.

I reported this problem to Clew Feedback many time,now Driver is 8.5,yet problem is going.
kubikari is offline   Reply With Quote