Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default The forced AA thread

OK guys, after being out of the loop and being informed that STALKER now works with forced AA I'm starting this to get a list of games that won't work with forced AA.

Depending of which nV driver you are using forced AA may not work with your favorite game. For UE3 games in particular this can be an issue. I'm currently using the 171.16s and they seem to work with most games with the following exceptions:

Blacksite: Area 51. FIXED!

Timeshift. No method that I've tried has worked.

Any input will be appreciated.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : May 18, 2009 at 09:11 PM.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:14 PM   #2
jam2k

jam2k is still being judged by the masses

Forced = Configured via nV Control Panel ?
jam2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:29 PM   #3
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Blacksite will not work, and neither will timeshift. Good call. Can you get ut3 to work?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:30 PM   #4
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

I think I might have read that forced AA is completely disabled in 169.28s, but it's certainly usable in the 169.32s. (EVGA drivers)
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:33 PM   #5
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

it is fine in the .28's I use those still. going to 171.16 tonight.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 02:02 PM   #6
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam2k View Post
Forced = Configured via nV Control Panel ?
Correct.

yoz
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:27 PM   #7
acroig
Troll SMod

As a reminder when the driver supports it the way to get forced AA in UE3 games like Bioshock and MOH:A is the following:

Use nHancer and set AA Compatibility to 0045 : Oblivion AA+HDR. Then set the AA you want.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:32 PM   #8
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

at this point in time, the only game that u cant use aa with a g80+ card is graw 1/2. aa works in every other game i can think of.

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:49 PM   #9
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Using 169.28 here and forced AA works perfectly fine in UE3 and Bioshock, don't know what problems you are all seeing.

1920x1200 Max Quality 16xQ MulitSampling enabled.

Runs pretty poor though but AA works just fine.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64

Last edited by Hapatingjaky : Feb 12, 2008 at 08:56 PM.
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:18 PM   #10
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
at this point in time, the only game that u cant use aa with a g80+ card is graw 1/2. aa works in every other game i can think of.
Ice, have you found a way to have AA in Blacksite or Timeshift?
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:29 PM   #11
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

never played blacksite, aa works in timeshift.

Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:29 PM   #12
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Using 169.28 here and forced AA works perfectly fine in UE3 and Bioshock, don't know what problems you are all seeing.

1920x1200 Max Quality 16xQ MulitSampling enabled.

Runs pretty poor though but AA works just fine.
all the aa in the world wouldnt make this game look good tho

Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:34 PM   #13
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
never played blacksite, aa works in timeshift.
Could you tell me the settings and with what driver/OS?
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:39 PM   #14
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

xp, dont remember the drivers, but the latest ones should work fine. shortly after the game released nvidia released a driver and in the release notesit mentioned fixing of a bug where ctrl panel aa wasnt properly applied in timeshift

Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:42 PM   #15
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
xp, dont remember the drivers, but the latest ones should work fine. shortly after the game released nvidia released a driver and in the release notesit mentioned fixing of a bug where ctrl panel aa wasnt properly applied in timeshift
AA was not working with 169.04s and I don't think they work with the 171.16s but I'll check and report back.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:45 PM   #16
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Some drivers were not working with forced AA in UE3 games. Also, there's been confusion as to how to get AA to work.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:54 AM   #17
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Some drivers were not working with forced AA in UE3 games. Also, there's been confusion as to how to get AA to work.
169.28 just open the CP set to override and choose your poison.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 08:54 AM   #18
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

AFAIK forcing via Profiles doesnt work, forcing globally does in driver sets with this bug.
Did some searching on it while trying to get AA and HDR in Oblivion and got it to work when forcing globally.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:29 AM   #19
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
AFAIK forcing via Profiles doesnt work, forcing globally does in driver sets with this bug.
Did some searching on it while trying to get AA and HDR in Oblivion and got it to work when forcing globally.
That all depends on the driver, AFAIK. With the 171.16s you can force AA via profiles.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:38 AM   #20
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
That all depends on the driver, AFAIK. With the 171.16s you can force AA via profiles.
Then that driver isnt suffering from that bug, right?

They changed the compatibility flags for HDR+AA games, some time back (dunno when exactly), perhaps they accidently refer to the old flag in that set for Blacksite (as you mentioned didnt work in the first post).

As I mentioned I was googling around for a solution to the Oblivion HDR AA thing, and the problem was that bug that causes some sets to not enforce via profiles, and I stumbled upon the thing about the new flag values for other HDR + AA game compatiblity.
Tried different flags in nHancer for Blacksite?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 01:01 PM   #21
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Then that driver isnt suffering from that bug, right?

They changed the compatibility flags for HDR+AA games, some time back (dunno when exactly), perhaps they accidently refer to the old flag in that set for Blacksite (as you mentioned didnt work in the first post).

As I mentioned I was googling around for a solution to the Oblivion HDR AA thing, and the problem was that bug that causes some sets to not enforce via profiles, and I stumbled upon the thing about the new flag values for other HDR + AA game compatiblity.
Tried different flags in nHancer for Blacksite?
Correct, the 171.16s and 17s do not have the bug.

I've tried all kinds of ways and I can't get AA to work in Timeshift or Blacksite (UE3 game).
Old Feb 13, 2008, 02:00 PM   #22
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

yep. CAn anyone get it to work in moh:aa?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 02:26 PM   #23
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
yep. CAn anyone get it to work in moh:aa?
You mean the original game? Allied Assault? If so the answer is yes, all AA methods work, I just tried MSAA and CSAA with SSAA for alphas.

Last edited by acroig : Feb 13, 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 02:35 PM   #24
fivefeet8
Radeon R200

fivefeet8 is still being judged by the masses

I've seen some recent sites benchmarking Splinter Cell 3: CT with AA enabled on Nvidia cards. Can anyone confirm AA works with the game? The last time I forced AA, it had issues with making walls transparent or didin't work at all.
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 02:46 PM   #25
acroig
Troll SMod

I don't have the game so hopefully some else can test it for you.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 03:01 PM   #26
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

Quote:
You mean the original game? Allied Assault? If so the answer is yes, all AA methods work, I just tried MSAA and CSAA with SSAA for alphas.
the new one, airborne assault.
UE3
Old Feb 13, 2008, 03:04 PM   #27
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
the new one, airborne assault.
UE3
Airborne, Bioshock and UT3 work well with forced MSAA with the 171.16s and 17s.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 03:13 PM   #28
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

I will try that tonight. Nice new icon!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 03:16 PM   #29
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I will try that tonight. Nice new icon!
Thanks! I'm a big Trek fan so I thought I'd get a Trek avatar.

Let us know how AA works for you.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 05:44 PM   #30
acroig
Troll SMod

Still no forced AA with the new 174.12's on Blacksite or Timeshift.